Susie's 2022 campaign

Just in the door, my head down from sheer annoyance at myself - had my lunch, THEN ate half a baguette roll - even though i wasn't hungry!

Won't have any dinner, still very full, so cals will be the same - but overeating is something I'm really struggling with...

Later - having a vino, as I've written a eulogy for my friend, which wasn't easy. Sad.com :(

Last edited:
Morning all

After saying I wouldn't have anything last night, I did eat dinner, and lots of it, then had two glasses of wine to help me do the eulogy, then a WHOLE bloody bar of chocolate! What an idiot...but did a sneaky WI this morning and I've lost 2lbs - assume it's water weight but good to see. Feel a little bit dizzy and lightheaded, not sure what that's about...I didn't sleep well, so that's probably it

B - cereal with yogurt, green smoothie - spinach, kale, red grapefruit, lemon, ACV, ginger - quite sour but yummy!
L - Glorious cauli, chickpea and turmeric soup, brown roll
D - honey roast ham chuncks with coleslaw

That's just 1,091 - so wriggle room for the dreaded overeating later...

Hope the dizziness goes, it could be just wine, chocolate and emotion

Afternoon all

Loving being back at work but it is getting busy - Christmas is a big time for FareShare, and Tesco has just announced that they will give us and the Trussell Trust £10 for every fresh turkey sold :).

Good foodwise so far (it goes downhill when I get home!) -

B - Sultana bran, yogurt and a small banana, half a red grapefruit
L - Glorious supergrain lime, coconut, chilli soup and a small brown roll (despite the fact that the guy who sits next to me is going to the chippy :eek:)
D - Covent Garden sausage casserole with spinach and kale
Total - 1,223 - liking being able to leave some slippage for things later!

Have a good one, all! Especially @Tibbs!!!

Its a good idea to leave yourself some wiggle room just in case. And I think you can allow yourself a couple of slips right now as it's a tough time. Menu sounds good, especially intrigued by the soups... are they those glorious skinny soups?

Morning all

SWI this morning and it looks like I've lost a few pounds, despite a massive overeating sesh last night. i really need to get back on the shiratake noodle thing, to fill me up and stop mad snacking!

B - leftover super soup, Pret prosciutto baguette - a horrifying 582 cals on its own! :eek:
L - Covent Garden broccoli, pea and pesto soup, banana, red grapefruit
D - Sausages with fruit and nut salad
Total - just over at 1,948

Keep warm and dry today x

Well done on the weight loss. You've had a crazy few months and it must be great ri get back on track now with looking after yourself

Thanks hun it does feel great to be slightly more in control of my eating - and I've ordered some shiratake noodles from a Groupon deal.

But had two hot cross buns today - Tesco deluxe range and they were luverly!

Morning all

Had a lovely sleep in this morning - am really appreciating the weekends now I'm back at work fulltime! :D. Just taken two deliveries, nothing exciting, a rubbish bin and a new microwave - but now the day is mine.

Cold and rainy here - not sure about food, might actually have to make something...:eek:

Disastrous weekend - wine, food, more wine - it ended up being a weekend of impromptu catchups, but terrible for the eating plan.

Also did badly today, and I cannot be ar*ed logging it all....Might have to just stagger through Christmas and then get me to SW.

I’ve just been catching up on your thread. Glad the job is going well. Condolences for the loss of your friend. How nice that you had that get together before you returned to the uk.
Well blow me if, while I was reading about your work, a feature on FareShare popped up on the BBC news just now! That’s some kind of spooky.
Be kind to yourself while you’re feeling the loss of your friend. By anybody’s judgement it’s been a busy and potentially stressful time, so I’d be glad at having the occasional good days to offset the not so good right now. Maybe see it as your own version of the 5:2 diet.

Morning all

Well a surprise WI has me down 5lbs! NO IDEA how it happened....but there must have been a calorie deficit in there somewhere.

I've discovered a new food love - broccoli rice! I bought some ready made from Asda and it mixed up with half a can of stewed steak and oh my it was yummy! And easy to make up myself.

I also got a great Groupon deal for skinny spaghetti (20 packs for £1 each instead of £2.50-3), so will try and get cooking in the evenings again.

B - leftover broccoli rice and stewed steak; yogurt
L - Covent Garden sausage casserole soup (sounds interesting)
D - Possibly coleslaw and cheese on a roll

Have a good one xx

That's brillant news, maybe its the lack of hot Italian evenings with pizza and wine. I haven't tried brocolli or cauliflower rice, does it not just go to mush when you cook it.

No hun, I microwave steam it and it's lovely :).

Off to Newton-le-Willow today (!) for our national conference. Overnighting so my lovely neighbour is coming in to feed the babies. Ready to go but am waiting for an iPhone screen repair man to come round, the phone flew out of my bag and it smashed right across the screen in a million places! Could have done without that, but at least the guy can come this morning - I rely heavily on it for work and personal stuff, so it needs fixing.

Food will be all over the shop for the next two days. Will try and post later xx

I don't have a microwave.
I hate the way iPhone screens break so easy, do they design them that way on purpose.
Enjoy your day

Back