Susie's 2022 campaign

Thanks Orla but the evening deteriorated after that moment, I took (unmentionable it's so bad) stuff home and ate it - all of it - for dinner :classic_eek::classic_oops::classic_roll_eyes:.

Oh well, line drawn under...

B - homemade ham and cheese toastie, coffee (HEA/HEB)
L - mushroom stir fry with chicken tikka pieces and green salad
D - chicken and spring greens

Have a good one!

Sounds a bit like me on Tuesday. Didn't even bother to write it all down. You are doing well though. It's a new day today :)

Morning all

Thanks for your words but the self destruct button kept being pressed - but I think I know why. I've been uber tired lately - busy at work and really bad RLS at night - and when I'm tired I crave carbs. I got a better sleep last night and did have a toastie this morning but I know I've put on 4lbs (omg) so am going to stick to my protein and green veg approach until WI on Monday night and hope that gets the gain off!

B - toastie (no sooner are the "I;m going to be good" words out my mouth and I eat one of these!)
L - chicken stir fry
D - same

Have a good one!

Thanks Orla, I certainly put some zzzz's in the sleep bank last night. Kept the cats out and slathered magnesium oil over my knees - and slept 6 hours straight, which i haven't done ages. Got up and made a cup of tea, then went back to bed and slept on and off for another four hours! So I obviously needed it :).

Right, did some tough talking with myself last night - it's veg all the way this weekend and until WI - so nothing exciting on the menu front, just lots of green soup, steamed veg (with a little protein) and lots and lots of green tea. Regardless of whether I gain, STS or lose on Monday night, that's it for taking stuff home - no more! I can't eat like my old self for four days, then starve for three - it's pointless and stupid. My work friend normally leaves at the same time as me, so I'm going to instruct her to stop me taking anything from the fridge or work shelves (bags and bags of Twix there yestyerday, and of course I took two packets...).

Have a good one, ladies x

Doing well today - three pots of green tea (various flavours), and made a big pan of turkey mince (2%), spinach, red cabbage (toot toot :D), passata, chilli and skinny noodles - all for 540 cals :).

Just had half a bowl and I'm full, those skinny noodles are genius!

Well done on getting back on track!
You're right about 4 days eating badly and 3 starving yourself being pointless and stupid. It's not sustainable, and you will just end up getting frustrated with yourself, and then giving up. We've been chatting on here, and on the other site when Minis was down, for nearly 4 years, and this is the most determined I've seen you. You are doing so well, and you deserve to reach your goals. I believe in you, and I think you've got this! xx

I've been meaning to ask about the skinny noodles! I'm intrigued. Where do you buy them?

Morning all

Dante's peak is no more! The poultice did the trick and this morning out came the core yaye, so it's got some of my special Italian balsamic honey with eucalyptus on it now to heal it quickly :).

Re the oils, oh I love them, I use loads of essential oils and fragrance oils (which are synthetic) in the laundry, as well as burning them. I get them from two companies online and my favs are English rose (not sweet, it's more like an old fashioned yellow rose, gorgeous), freshly cut grass (heavenly) and Fiji (a copy of the Guy Laroche Fidji perfume). I add them into liquid soapflakes from Wilko, £3 for 750ml, which is about the cheapest I've found, and avoids nasty chemical perfumes.

I'm slowly but surely also getting rid of plastic at home, have handed most of the tupperware containers over to a work colleague for her houseshare peeps; I'm doing mostly herbal remedies instead of pharma type medicines; and I'm using all natural cleaning products; so am happy with lessening my impact on the planet :). Now just need to lose another 9-10 stone! Off to a very bad start today -

B - toastie from work - bad but lush, ham, cheese and mustard mmm
L - chicken and steamed greens
D - might just do a green soup, got loads to use up

Have a good day!

Hey sis, I used to adore Fidji and yellow roses are my favourites..I am so going to have to investigate these. Still catching up but if anyone hasn't asked which 2 companies do you use. Loving the less impact tips, keep them coming.

What a struggle having all those goodies at work up for grabs and trying to say no every day..nightmare! Normally I cannot resist the reduced bread part in Asda, I pick it up and you'd think I was holding a kitten the way I look at it😂 You need that work colleague on the door frisking you on the way out again😸 How about allowing yourself one choice of goodies a day from work, the rest all healthy. If your goodie choice comes in a pack see if someone wants to split it with you? That sounds very easy as I type but in practice I think I'd chew someone's arm off if they tried to take the pack away from me😂 The only way I could do it is either not see the goodies in the first place or have someone bring me a treat on a daily basis.
You haven't posted the photo of your new bedspread yet Suzie...sending you a hug as I've been AWOL again for ages ((X))

Last edited:
Hi Susie, happy Sunday. Sorry to hear it’s been hard. I think willpower is a myth....probably because I have none! Only solution is to hack life so not tempted & nothing in house! I’ve been known to beg for chocolate - but if I actually have to leave house to go buy it, then seems to be easier to control! Xx

Afternoon all!
Well aren't you just the loveliest bunch of ladies, such support, I love it :thankyouthankyou:

We've been chatting on here, and on the other site when Minis was down, for nearly 4 years, and this is the most determined I've seen you. You are doing so well, and you deserve to reach your goals. I believe in you, and I think you've got this! xx

I've been meaning to ask about the skinny noodles! I'm intrigued. Where do you buy them?

El sweetie when I read that I nearly burst into (happy) tears, what a fab post! You're right, I do feel really determined to get to goal, and find ways to stop slipping up! Mwah xxxxx

I use the Eat Slim skinny noodles. Got a good deal on Groupon - 20 packs for £20 - and I tend to chuck them into casseroles and soups so it spreads the cost out. Look for deals on eBay too, they're called shiratake or konjac noodles, and you can get them much cheaper at Asian supermarkets.

Fidji and yellow roses... which 2 companies do you use

Hello lovely sis, and welcome back to my dribble :). It's a company called VR - I get English Roses, Fiji and Freshly Cut Grass from them - about £6.95 for 100ml, plus £2.95 for postage (eBay). I use them for burning, in shower gel and for laundry (with liquid soap) - and now perfume too :). The guy is lovely, I ordered Jasmine, which was way too strong and gave me a headache and he's going to send me another Fiji for free when I put my next order in.

in practice I think I'd chew someone's arm off if they tried to take the pack away from me😂

LOLOL yeah I've discovered that like a true addict, I have been stashing the naughty freebies under other stuff in my bag :classic_eek::classic_oops:. The Chief Exec is ever so proud of me losing weight but he's ex-Army and said "I'll shout at you if I see you going anywhere near the fridge!" thinking he was helping :classic_confused: - it took a LOT of explaining to get him to realise that food shaming me would have the reverse effect to what he planned! Embarassment = "where's the nearest chocolate cake so I can bury my face in it!" :D :D.

You haven't posted the photo of your new bedspread yet Suzie...

See below :). Also a cute pic of Orby.

I think willpower is a myth....probably because I have none! Only solution is to hack life so not tempted & nothing in house! I’ve been known to beg for chocolate - but if I actually have to leave house to go buy it, then seems to be easier to control! Xx

Happy Sunday to you too Katie, lovely to see you here :). Agree 100% - willpower isn't consistent, one day I'm fine, the next I want to eat every croissant in the land! :)

Well team, I'm off to a good start clawing back the gain, 3lbs whooshed overnight, and I'm on the second pot of green tea. Will finish off the cabbage/turkey surprise for lunch, and then make up a big green soup for tomorrow.

IMG_1708.jpg
IMG_1703.jpg

Here's to a big whooshie tomorrow!! After all that green tea and the inevitable bathroom visits, I think you'll of earned it!

Turns out Sainsbury sell skinny noodles, bit pricey at £2 per pack, but I'm going to try them, and if I like them then I'll source cheaper ones :)

Very cute picture of Orbs!! How are both kitties now?

Ah, how lovely is Orbit..I like her colour, for some reason I've always think of her as black & white. Is she cuddly? I used to have a lovely cat called Robin Nash who just sat on my knee all day.
You got a bargain with the bedspread, it's really nice..I could never keep that clean😸 Loving the bedside cabinet/drawers.
Good news about the wooshie, cheering for tomorrow's weigh in 🦄
Oh and by the way, I would be devastated if someone shouted out loud that I was raiding the fridge..not helpful at all🙀 I would stuff myself until I was sick when I got home. X

Morning :).

Orby is a lovely girl, not a cuddler or a talker, but she likes to be on my bed all night. I think of her as my footballer's wife, she walks like a super model and has pretty eye liner round each eye. Stella is mainly black with a little white on her, and she's the cuddler :). also a comedienne - falls off the sofa regularly and has an hilarious squeak noise when she runs to her food - and always meets me at the door.

The bedside drawers are Chinoiserie, as is a Chinese screen the other side that you can't see, and those, plus the bed, all came from eBay. Love a bit of eBay, me.

One last desperate WI this morning and I'm pretty close to 302, my WI last Monday night, so with a really good wind behind me - and lots of green tea today - I might just maintain. Fingers crossed!

Food today - two carrots, and lots of tea. And no more treat dinners after WI! Tonight will be SW burgers with SW chips, that's enough of a treat :).

Hi ladyfelsham - well done on pulling it back over the weekend and best of luck for WI tonight!

Thanks guys - sneaking in to read posts when i should be working - just not feeling like doing much this afternoon :classic_roll_eyes:.

Only two hours to go until class, and only 3.5 hours until i can eat LOL. I've had my two carrots and a small packet of ham, so I;m not really ravenous, just a little hungry - but it's that naughty brain of mine whispering about all the food in the fridge downstairs!

Now - a most important question for the poultry eaters among us - where do you all get your chicken from? I bought some from S'burys and it wasn't very nice; so might try Tesco, as I had the chicken out of their mini roast pack and it was delicious, really flavoursome.

What a beautiful baby! I could climb in your bed for a kitty cuddle right now!

It's hard for those who don't understand 'problems' with food - what i'd give to be one of thosebut yes - that is an incredibly bad idea from your boss! :(

I do buy a lot of chicken as one of my fur babies is picky and has refused to eat the dry dog food they used to eat and can't digest the wet dog food so has accidentally on purpose landed on chicken and rice every day instead. The other fur baby has no problems with food and will eat everything in sight but I can't make him eat 'normal' food when she's getting that so they both do. They'll happily eat all of it - but I do notice that they tend to be happier with the chilled rather than frozen - that's from Sains/Asda/Tesco too as I get The Look when they get the frozen (defrosted) type but they still eat it.

On a personal 'human' level I do like the chilled versions of the Asda ones - they've updated the range recently and there's all different flavours. We had salad and garlic/herb chicken wraps on Saturday and it was lovely.

Frozen wise I'm not overly picky, but I did like buying the Muscle Food type in bulk and packaging it into single/double breast packs. They stay large, don't lose the water weight and don't shrivel up when being cooked and they taste nice.

Good luck at WI, hope it goes well! Glad to see youre back so determined after the little blip!

Evening all

Well I never thought I'd be so happy with a half pound gain! :). It's my first gain but I am feeling very upbeat because it actually means I lost 5.5lbs in 3 days, so I am now determined to lose 4lbs by next Monday - which will get me my 3 1/2 stone award and get me in the 200s :).

Orla thanks for the chicken advice! A woman at work says she loves Lidl chicken so will pop in there after work this week. None for Orbit tough, sadly she's allergic.

Keep warm, guys xx

Wowee..fancy being able to lose 5.5lbs in only 3 days...need to get me some of that green tea!! Even though you had that tiny up you've done fantastic ✨you deserve to be feeling upbeat at such a great loss 💐

And double wowza as I've just noticed all of your SW awards..you've got another 2 while I was AWOL 👏 And you're so close to another..you really are doing so fantastically well on SW Suzie..well proud of you sis ((X))

Well done!! I think that's called successful damage control. 4lbs off next week is so doable! Enjoy your SW burger and chips!

Back