Susie's 2022 campaign

Ouch!!! You poor bugger I hope it's gone! I understand entirely - I'm on an antibiotics for hidradenitis suppurativa (aka cysts/boils) and they are VERY painful horrible things! :(

Good luck for weigh in, hope it's gone well. Have you slipped your number to volunteer guy yet? ;)

Evening all

Thanks for your lovely comments, as always. I lost a pound, which I'm a little disappointed at, but it is a loss, so still not gained since i started - and that's something I am happy about. And I did eat a few Hifis over the weekend!

It's still Boil Central here, it's draining very slowly but will be another week or so I reckon. Might have to try the bread poultice tomorrow to hurry things up!

And LOL re slipping the vol my number. He already has it because I needed to speak to him on a day he wasn't here, so I texted and he rang me straight back :). We shall see....:classic_roll_eyes:. I'm confident and outgoing in many ways, but I've never asked someone out before - and if he says no (or recoils, or anything awful like that), it would be make it very awkward in the future, as i see him every week (on a Wednesday, that's the day he volunteers).

Hi Suzie, pleased to see you're still doing great on SW and woo hoo to the weight loss. Ooo painful having a boil under your bazoomba..I will forever think of a boil as a Dante's peak now after Tippy's post😸 doesn't make it sound so painful.

I think I need to try out some flavoured green tea, the plain one is just too😝Yak x

Thanks ladies - and morning Tibbsy!!!

WFH this morning so the lovely Rob can fix my dishwasher, at least, let's hope he can fix it! Also got deliveries from S'burys and Iceland coming before 12, then back to work. I love the fact that it's not far away. Oooh the boss updated me on job stuff last night, looks like she is nearly in a position to offer me another role - not sure how it will work in terms of crossover with what I do now, but I'm very happy about it all. We also decided to go with one of the candidates we interviewed on Friday, she seems like a nice lady and pretty competent so I think she will be OK - and that takes the pressure off me a bit in a month when she starts.

Dante's Peak update (because I know you're all desperate to know hahahaha) - still nasty-ish but the hard painful disk shape underneath has reduced to about half its size, it's now the size of a 50p coin, and it doesn't hurt anywhere near as much, no more horrible burning sensation. I really upped my turmeric and oregano oil tablets a couple of days ago so am sure that's them fighting the infection. I had forgotten to take them for about a week and that. combined with all the bread I ate last Monday night, is what caused it, I'm sure.

Not very hungry at the moment, so am enjoying the downtime and having a real coffee (instead of instant). Will pop a chicken in the oven in a minute, so that'll be dinner. Lunch will probably be cold chicken and salad.

Have a good one x

Thanks hun - much better than it was. Now if only my bazoomba wouldn't hang down and rub on it...o_O

@SunHill so sorry you get them regularly, love! I'm convinced mine are caused by carbs - I used to get them on my inner thigh (nice) and whenever I did low carb they would disappear. Start eating carbs again and back they came.

Yaye Mr Sainsburys has come early, so that's one thing down, two to go :).

Woohoo well done on the loss Suzie... a pound is loss... you had a huge loss last week so might be hard to keep the big losses up every week.. but well done xx

That sounds so painful... Its unusual that the carbs cause it.. I never thought that carbs could cause something like that.. but you learn something new every day xx

Hi Susie well done on the loss - as long as you heading the right direction that’s great!

Just for you and those who are getting boils including HS - I get them from gluten! It’s surprisingly common unfortunately - so may not be all the carbs Susie!

I only discovered when I went low carb that they disappeared. But now they only come back with gluten - about 2 days post eating and last 1-2 weeks....it’s enough to make you stay off the bread:)

Hello lovely Katie! Yes I agree, it could well be gluten, so I tend to only have pasta once a week, sometimes not at all. Got a bread and milk poultice on now, nothing like the old fashioned remedies!

The dishwasher is working yaye, but food is terrible tonight - pizza (but only half because I burned it)! The fridge was FULL of yummy things today, I nearly cried when I saw people eating huge samosas, which I love - and I had chicken and salad...so did ok then but bad now. Oh well, will try not to scoff a million Hifis and have a light day for the rest of the week.

My mother has dermatitis herpetaformis which is a serious allergy to gluten. It manifests as blisters on her body, all over it. She gets a teeny blister and about 40 minutes later it bursts and then she gets about 10....and so on. I wonder if these boils are a manifestation of the same thing. Maybe get it checked our cos although it only looks like mams skin is affected and is controlled by medication it is also eating through her digestive system and she has major problems
Sorry, I'm not trying to scare any of you but it does seem a coincidence.
I hope not though.

Thanks for the warning Tippy - but i don't think mine is anything like that, the last one I got was about three years ago, apart from small ones that come up on my legs and go away again.

Anyway I'm sure you're all sick of hearing about my Dante's Peak. Change of subject - my living room smells like freshly cut grass. I got the most beautiful hand crocheted king size white bed throw (eBay £40, bargain!) and washed it in liquid soapflakes and grass essential oils mmmm. Will take a pic once it's dry and on the bed.

I like the sound of those oils, I've never heard about them before.

Morning all

Dante's peak is no more! The poultice did the trick and this morning out came the core yaye, so it's got some of my special Italian balsamic honey with eucalyptus on it now to heal it quickly :).

Re the oils, oh I love them, I use loads of essential oils and fragrance oils (which are synthetic) in the laundry, as well as burning them. I get them from two companies online and my favs are English rose (not sweet, it's more like an old fashioned yellow rose, gorgeous), freshly cut grass (heavenly) and Fiji (a copy of the Guy Laroche Fidji perfume). I add them into liquid soapflakes from Wilko, £3 for 750ml, which is about the cheapest I've found, and avoids nasty chemical perfumes.

I'm slowly but surely also getting rid of plastic at home, have handed most of the tupperware containers over to a work colleague for her houseshare peeps; I'm doing mostly herbal remedies instead of pharma type medicines; and I'm using all natural cleaning products; so am happy with lessening my impact on the planet :). Now just need to lose another 9-10 stone! Off to a very bad start today -

B - toastie from work - bad but lush, ham, cheese and mustard mmm
L - chicken and steamed greens
D - might just do a green soup, got loads to use up

Have a good day!

Thanks Orla - been a great day, helped no end by the fabulous weather. Always lifts the spirits :).

I got a huge tub of spiralised veg from work so am going to make a stirfry with some left over chicken yum!

Oooh thank you ladies - that is a very interesting read, cutting out bread entirely will be hard - i don't have a lot but I do love it when I do - but it's worth a try! Glad yours has sodded off, Suzie!

Well done on your loss my love! :D

Thanks Orla - been a great day, helped no end by the fabulous weather. Always lifts the spirits :).

I got a huge tub of spiralised veg from work so am going to make a stirfry with some left over chicken yum!

I just googed to see what the weather was like in the uk after reading that... so jealous.. Im on the west coast of Ireland so we rarely get nice weather... Enjoy the sunshine!

Oh lovely... I must see if I can get a spiralizer... makes dinners look WAY more interesting!

Back