Susie's 2022 campaign

Morning all

Out and about yesterday enjoying the lovely weather - but bad with food, so doubt I'll show much of a loss tomorrow...oh well. Don't think I'll log on the weekends, it's a bit of a chore sometimes! Good idea on the log count Charlotte, will do that next week.

Rain due today (it's so changeable at the moment!) so will bunker down with the cats and do some reading.

B - eggs and cheese slices on wholemeal toast, coffee
L - WW meal with extra veg
D - roast chicken thighs with wilted spinach and BBQ sauce

Have fun!

No roast chicken for me - opened the pack and it smelled a bit suspect :( - so had high cal pasta with fiery pesto and OMG fiery was right, phew!

The WW meal at lunch was ok, chicken lasagne. Not much resemblance to lasagne TBH but I don't expect miracles from ready meals lol.

Decided to stick with CCing from home for now, Tipp, I'm ok with it as long as the logging doesn't get too much.

I'd done well with CC at the beginning of this (very long) diary, but then got fed up with counting - so will cut myself a bit of slack and do CC M-F, and then try not to go mad at the weekend.

I'm also shifting WI to Friday, and will try and stop weighing every day!

Last edited:
Annoying about the chicken, I hate it when that happens.

We’ll have the same weigh in day😃 x

Pulled my finger out and got food ready for tomorrow - apple, spinach, banana smoothie with a bit of coconut milk, and a huge omelette with spinach, mushrooms and 30g cheddar, then mushroom stir fry and a baked potato with the spinach, pea and mint dip that I am rapidly falling in love with! :)

Sounds good. Im Friday WI too, it just seemsto make sense.
Recipe for the dip please.

Recipe for the dip please.

It's from Asda, Tipp - says on the label "Cooked chickpeas, peas and spinach blended with a coconut based alternative to yogurt, and mint" - a 150g pot is just under 150 cals. I think it would make a lovely pasta sauce - or pretty much on anything TBH lol.

My smoothie was a Susie disaster - the coconut milk was all wrong, so will go with apple juice and water in future. But I did make a hot Options with coconut milk last night and that was lush.

Having a low cal curry meal tonight, so the total is 1,150 - leaving some wiggle room for post dinner rye cakes with choc shot :).

Oooh forgot to say, I did do a WI this morning and I'm down 7lbs. Absolutely delighted considering the Friday/Sat blowouts. I've adjusted the stats but will join you all on a Friday morning WI as official day.

That is absolutely fantastic Susie!😃💃🏻😃

That dip does sound nice😋 x

Morning all - WI this morning showed a big jump up, not sure what happened there, maybe catch up from the weekend's excesses - but I'm going to take the long view and just slowly try and chip away. Just as well, really, because I made another diabolical " ...this disaster could only come out of Susie's kitchen" breakfast :D. I thought l/o baked potato with spinach, mushrooms and two eggs microwaved sounded nice - but the mushrooms had loads of water which mixed with the egg which then wouldn't cook properly, so overall it was an unpleasant eating experience and I couldn't keep going after a few mouthfuls. Sandwich truck for me at 9am lol.

L - low cal mushroom stroganoff, wild rice and iceberg lettuce, nectarines
D - WW chicken tikka meal with spinach
S - not sure

Have a good one, ladies! xx

The scales had been iffy for me this week, not a loss at all and then after a bad night I’m now showing a gain. We’ve got a few days to chip away.

Oh dear! Mushroom water eggs🤢The rest of your menu sounds nice.

Have a good day😃 x

Thanks hun but I completely failed, really just wanting to eat everything in sight - so now it's a grilled cheese toastie and other bad things for lunch!

It can take time to get settled after having a break hun. Try and keep track still and maybe you can change your calories slightly for the rest of the week. You could try planning in a few meals or snacks a week that are a bit like what you’re craving but controlled and in you daily target and phase them out when you feel like it or if you’re loosing and happy with them in, keep them in. That doesn’t suit everyone but it could be worth a shot x

Things will settle down. Just take each day as it comes. Don't let one bad meal become a bad day, then a bad week and so on. There's nothing wrong with starting with a higher calorie limit and then decreasing as you get into the swing of things. I'm on 2500 a day and losing (when I stick to it), so no harm in experimenting with a level that works for you, and as a result not feeling like you have messed up or like you are deprived. xx

Morning all - sorry to be AWOL but have been bedridden for the last two days with some awful tummy bug thing. Back in at work today but not feeling great...hey ho.

But I did do a WI this morning and it's an official loss of 7lbs, so that's not bad, considering my stomach is massively bloated and distended.

Not going to be much in the way of food today, mainly water and the occasional cup of tea!

Will catch up with diaries at lunchtime x

Back