Susie's 2022 campaign

Wow living with the smell if a chip shop would be so difficult if you are trying to stay away from them.
Have you a date for the move yet?

Yep chips may feature heavily on my emotional eating plan...

No moving date yet Tipp, had to email the solicitor yesterday to tell them to hurry up - but they haven't even had the courtesy to respond. Really hopeless.

B - cheese and onion quiche
L - chicken arrabiata with veg
D - don't know at the moment

Sx

LOL GaGirl yes exactly! I got a vaguely worded email this afternoon saying they are responding to things in the seller's contract. I'll be lucky to be in by Christmas at this rate!

Another 10 hour day at work - but very satisfying, plus got a lovely email from the Chief Exec to say well done - love a good boss!

Fingers crossed for Christmas, but boo to vaguely worded emails. Especially from solicitors who are no doubt charging the earth.

But at least you got a lovely email from your boss.

Morning all

Yes the boss email was lovely, really perked me up - now I just have to hope that the release will get some coverage! :)

Going to be another busy day and harum scarum day with food, like yesterday - someone brought in doughnuts and I just couldn't say no.

Evening all

Another busy day, but really good, got a lot done - especially as I'm off tomorrow for a wedding - all indoors, I'm happy to report!

Food has been terrible, I'm boring myself with it now, so am really going to try and make some better choices next week. Oh and the chippy is closing down! The guy who owns it also runs a lunchtime thing twice a week in the social club room at work, and he told me today he hasn't had a holiday in 10 years, so he's shutting it for a while - so at least that's one temptation removed! Not that it's the only chippy in Seaham - far from it, the bloody things are everywhere - but no others right next door! :)

Great news on the chippy😉

Yep, its so easy to get bored with food. Its simple to make the same thing as you know hiw to make it and its exact food count? But its boring and thats what leads to cravings

I think that is common all over the northeast (abundance of chip shops) but the coast I will admit is worse at least the closest one is having a break. I had a friend who lived near one and she eventually went off fish and chips because she could smell it all the time but I don't think that would work on me.

she eventually went off fish and chips because she could smell it all the time but I don't think that would work on me.

Or me!

Well today did not pan out at all as planned - despite trying all sorts of different routes I just could not get to the wedding (about three hours away) - motorways closed from flooding and accidents - what a nightmare! So I had to ring the bride and apologise, and cancel the hotel and the housesitter - but at least I'm indoors and warm and dry...unlike the poor lady who died, or being evacuated like all the poor sods in Devonshire!

On the plus side I had the day off at home and have worked out where all the furniture will go in the new house, and saved some money by deciding to keep the existing wardrobes and having them painted instead, etc. Silver linings :).

Thats terrible Susie, i didnt realise the weather was so bad. You must be upset at having to miss the wedding. But yes, much better to stay safe

Oh no - I didn't realise the flooding was so close to us (though actually about three hours away) covers a lot of the country. Definitely did the right thing by not chancing it though.

It was the right decision, my neighbour is a taxi driver and he radioed all his mates to see what chance there was of me getting through to Macclesfield on B roads when I got chucked off the A1, and the answer was basically "None!". So it was a real shame but better to be at home warm and dry, than stuck in the car in a traffic jam, desperate for the loo! And I did get through a load of books :) - including Elton John's Me, which was brilliant.

Made a yummy chicken thing in my new slow cooker - well impressed, it seems to heat up better than my old one. It's a Crockpot and has handles either side so much easier to take out and clean too. I chucked onions, garlic, frozen chicken, mushrooms (fresh and frozen), leeks, mushroom stock and two white wine stock pots, and it was lovely, with Asda cheese and onion mash. Will definitely do that again.

Going to be a few odd meals from now on because I realised with a panic that I've been doing my usuaL stockpiling without using up what I've got first, and I could be moving in a few weeks...not many of my meals will be diet friendly though.

B - cheese and baked bean pasty, an egg, slice of ham, coffee
L - soup made from the stock from yesterday, plus a chicken and salad sandwich
D - chicken slow cooker meal and mash

Have a good day!

So I've been going round and round in my head about what plan to do -

- I just can't cut bread out, so that's a no to LC
- I did well on SW but have lost the love for it
- never liked WW
- can't handle VLCD for longer than a few hours
- which pretty much leaves calorie counting

I love the freedom that CCing gives me - plus there's no club to go to, it doesn't have to be low fat (which I don't think is good for my knees) - so why do I do CC and then fall off the wagon? Lack of discipline, changing my mind after a few weeks, getting sick of putting every single thing in MFP - in fact, I love it at first in a sort of OCD way - but then it really does become a drag.

Any suggestions for getting round these 'obstacles'?

I know you have said that you don’t like weight watchers but they have launched a new program today. There is actually 3 different plans you can choose from, a couple of which are similar to SW - maybe worth another look?

I once had some brief success mixing up calorie counting and slimming world, doing one until i got sick and then switching - i would enjoy calorie counting as I could have things that were a no-no on slimming world, and i would enjoy slimming world because i didn't have to track everything.

Also with regards to low carb - have you tried 90 second bread - i mean it's not bread but i have found it is an okay substitute. (also you can put as much butter on it as you like.

Ahhh Snowy you are really tempting me back towards the olive oil arms of low carb :D. Do you have to go into ketosis to lose weight?

I can do without potato and pasta/rice, but bread is the big stumbling block for me - so I'll give the 90 second bread a go - I used to make something similar but with ground flaxseed instead of almond flour.

It always comes back to prepping doesn't it, so it's no different from any other eating plan (apart from the See Food and Eat It plan lol).

It may be worth another look at low carb. I'm loving the food and although I was afraid I would miss bread I'm really not. I've saved a couple of great looking bread and bread rolls recipes to try in the near future and I have the ingredients in now so I will report back when I do :)

Back