Suspected PCOS

Hi, I have suspected PCOS, I am having blood tests in August, but thought it can't hurt to find out waht I can. I need to lose weight I'm about 4st overweight. I have read mixed reviews about low GI diets. What foods do I need to avoid if I have it? Would doing ww or other diets have as much effect as a low GI. I feel a bit overwhelmed by all the books/info out there, can anyone recommend any books?

Hi, I can recommend the book "Life without bread" by Dr. Wolfgang Lutz.
It's not literally meant that you have to go completely without bread, it's about Low Carb diet and that bread is one of the things which should be reduced.
Low Carb usually works best for PCOS women because the Syndrome is related to the insulin. Carbs are very unhealthy for PCOS sufferers.
If carbs, then through healthy things like vegetables and fruits and not through sugar or wheat.

That happened to me few years back when I started dieting, I was on a low carb diet and after 4 days I had my first period in two years. I'm quite regular now as I'm on a healthy diet for life after loosing 3 stones and a half, but I know that if I don't eat healthy I stop having my periods.

Back