Susu's sustainable diet diary

A colleague once told me that it's really difficult to lose weight in Scotland because every thing is fried and there are lots of delicious and fat food.

Scotland ranks 2nd in the world for obesity. Deep fried pizza anyone ?

Again your food sounds delicious xx

Was very tasty. The angel delight had gone a bit runny. I don't know if that was because of the soya milk or not. Never kept an angel delight until the next day before !:wave_cry:

1739 calories

The sun is shining and it's a slimming world day. I take my mum shopping on a Tuesday so will have to endure hours in the biscuit isle! Ho hum. Such is life.

Good luck on the biscuit aisle. ;)

My mum doesn't come shopping any more, I just do it for her, but she does love her sweeties and biscuits so I'm always on the biscuit aisle lol

Tracy x

The biscuit aisle is such a great opportunity to test your will power. When I walk through and out of the chocolate aisle I start strutting like that guy Dave on the MoneySupermarket advert! It's so empowering. Have a good day, and if it's weigh in tonight then good luck x

Both my parents have had dementia. I used to take both of them shopping, Dad couldn't be left alone, and they'd wander off in different directions.

:family2:

Just Mum now. She uses a zimmer so it is literally hours in the biscuit aisle. She can't do money or remember that she hasn't cooked anything for years but she likes going so I'll take her as long as we can manage.

Todays soup is green bean and chorizo 140 cals or 1 syn. Must get some tomatoes and mushrooms and have a sw fry up tomorrow.

Wow the soup was spicy. Could get away with half chorizo. That would lower calories and syns.

The biscuit aisle is such a great opportunity to test your will power. When I walk through and out of the chocolate aisle I start strutting like that guy Dave on the MoneySupermarket advert! It's so empowering. Have a good day, and if it's weigh in tonight then good luck x

Hahaha...I'm definitely going to do that the next time

I have shorts ! Once I fit into them I'll definitely do that.

Green Bean and Chorizo (serves 6 )140 cals each or 1 syn

2 onions chopped
0.5 head of celery
3 cloves garlic
500g passata
2 bay leaves
Basil to taste
80g spicy chorizo (tescos)
1 chick stock cube
2 pints water
500g green beans

Chop everything.Retain some chorizo and basil. Add all other ingredients together. Bring to the boil then simmer until veg soft. Whizz with a blender until semi smooth then add retained chorizo and basil.. Add salt to taste, if needed.

Cauliflower (serves 6) 62 cals each 0 syns

1 small cauli
3 onions
0.5 heads of celery
2 veg stock cubes
3pints water

Chop, boil, simmer, whizz till smooth. Salt to taste, if needed.

If you have a low syn soup for starters you up the veg content of the meal and need a smaller 2nd course. This really works for me.

13.5 syns

Morning Yvonne.

Hope it's a nice day for you.

I have made a bracelet to record my weight loss. I'm going to add a bead every time I lose 7lbs.

I can't wait for my first bead.IMG_20150518_0851455_rewind-31935589.jpg

Hopefully the thought of losing a bead will help me maintain too, when the time comes that is.

I do hope so. I've never tried this before.

Popping in to say hello and to subscribe. Looking forward to reading your progress, you sound like your head is in the right place.

Nice to see another Scottish person on the boards too. :)

Started 20/01/15
33lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 - 24/03/15
10% - 07/04/15
2st - 07/04/15
2st 7 -

Back