Susu's sustainable diet diary

Just a bit surprised Grumpy. I could polish off twice as much as that in a wee snack.:rolleyes:

Whispers the cheese word :p

I just had sugar free strawberry jelly and tescos cheapo strawberry yoghurt and it was lush ! Food tastes darn good today. :)

ohh yes i use to hate sugar free jelly but love it now yum yum x x

Food does taste better when you don't eat as much of it. I must remember that.

1426 calories 20.5 syns :rolleyes:

Susu i think there's an SW recipe for hummus - would imagine it's chickpeas blended up with spices, will try and find it for you :)

Thanks Susie . I think it's chickpeas and creme fraise.

Sometimes the syns just don't feel like they make sense when the calories are similar .

I'm going to calorie count this weekend because I've got two tubs of houmus in the fridge and some high syn yoghurts.

Had a bit of an unsuccessful trip to Tescos. No cauliflowers, no chocolate philidelphia and no curly wurlys. Did however succumb to 16 finest meringue nests instead of the 6 irvines meringues that were on my list. I also bought some strawberries and creme frais so I can make low cal/syn eton mess.

I found a recipe for hummus here on minis, it is very very simple! I can't link the original post because I had saved it on my computer, but it was a post with LOTS of SW recipes.

Roasted Pepper Hummus
400g can of chickpeas
1 large garlic clove
2 roasted red peppers
Half a tbsp. lemon juice
Half a teaspoon of chilli powder

Rinse and drain the chickpeas, then tip in food processor.
Peel the garlic and crush in with the chickpeas, along with plenty of salt and pepper. Whizz briefly.
Add peppers to the processor with the lemon juice and chilli. Whizz again until really smooth.
Taste and add extra seasoning and chilli for more of a kick, if you like.

----

I haven't tried it yet, but I'd add some tahini and basil. I know tahini adds a lot of calories, but it's what makes hummus to be hummus.

Obviously hummus has a high fat content but it's good fats so don't feel too bad. You could try having a low carb weekend so that would offset the increase in fat calories?

I know tahini adds a lot of calories, but it's what makes hummus to be hummus.

Sadly that is true! But thanks for posting anyway hun. And now I can blame you for some reduced fat hummus sneaking into my shopping on the way home :D

Hiya lovely,

Ok firstly, that breakfast looks devine! How are you finding eating breakfast?

Secondly hummus is good fats so a syn that may actually do you good. I don't think good fats are the enemy, I think it's total calories in vs out and you my lady are doing flipping fantastic.

And last.. I've got a pearl bead bracelet (fake obvs,lol) and I'm going to add a mixture of charms. I'm mad on hearts so they may possibly feature. I'm loving sharing this idea with you and WE WILL bling them up and wear them with pride. Which beads have you chosen?

Chat soon
Thanks for being there for me xx

I have time for breakfast these days so that's fine.

It is indeed calories in v calories out.

I feel I learned a lot from slimming world about how not to feel hungry but it's maybe not the best diet for me in the long term. I'm trying to eat a sustainable diet that I can enjoy and stick to for life.

I'm thinking wooden beads. I'm really looking forward to getting my first one.

1470 calories

Sadly that is true! But thanks for posting anyway hun. And now I can blame you for some reduced fat hummus sneaking into my shopping on the way home :D

Hahaha, you can blame me! I like to be the one who gives chubby ideas :)
You know those people who are always posting about healthy food and exercise... so, they are boring.

IMG_20150522_2046199_rewind1.jpg

Morning folks.

Back