Sw 2nd time around. Miataiblues weightloss diary

Breakfast today was a grapefruit and 2 Alpen light bars (heb)

Lunch was little gem lettuce leaves filled with mackerel pate (0.5 syns) and cottage cheese with onion and chive and topped with red pepper.

Tea was omelette wraps filled with birds eye bbq chicken chargrills (2 = 7 syns), lettuce and 1 tbsp each of ex light mayo (1 syn) with sw chips, salad an another 2tbsp of ex light mayo (1 syn). I didn't think the omelette wraps would be as filling but I couldn't finish the chips and salad lol xx

Total syns for the day = 9.5

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2245170212.jpg
    image-2245170212.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 58
Friday again already! Time seems to be flying just lately, it will be C*******s in no time at all (thought I'd be nice and not write the word out loud lol).

I've been looking through my old sw recipes today and googling some new ones so I can put all of my faves in a folder. There are quite a few that I'd forgotten about and used to really enjoy.

Today I had the usual school day breakfast of a grapefruit and 2 Alpen light bars (heb).

For lunch I made roasted butternut squash and red onion soup. I left the skin on the butternut squash and the soup was a bit gritty so I think I'll go back to peeling it next time. I've bought some new 600ml storage tubs from Asda so I can stock up on soups in the freezer. They were only 40p each so I bought 10. Now I just need to make room in the freezer lol.

Tea was slow cooker jackets with tuna mayo (2 syns) and salad with 2 tbsp of ex light mayo (1 syn)

Staying up night so I chose a dairy milk kids bar (5.5 syns), a pack of cheese and onion mini cheddars (6.5 syns), a clementine and a yellow plum xx

Total syns for the day = 15

Attachments

• image-3065841541.jpg
    image-3065841541.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 53
Bit late filling in yesterday's diary lol but here goes.

Breakfast was grapefruit topped with ff fromage frais.

Lunch was mushroom omelette filled with onion and chive cottage cheese.

Tea was a double turkey burger with lettuce and 2tbsp of ex light mayo (1 syn) in a wholemeal roll (heb) with corn on the cobs. I decided to use gherkins, pickled onions and pickled beetroot for my super free for a change. I would have had chips but after waiting a week for my new actifry to come, it was broken and had to be sent back again :'-( and I was too busy to faff about doing them in the oven, so gutted.

I had a real sweet tooth last night so for my syns I had a Viennese whirl (7 syns) and a caramel cake bar (6.5 syns) with a clementine (think I may have deleted my pic so pinched some off of the tinterweb lol) xx

Total syns for the day = 14.5

Attachments

• image-2814998253.jpg
    image-2814998253.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 55
I had planned to have my usual grapefruit followed by dippy eggs for breakfast but I sort of lost track of time after the grapefruit so the dippy egg with soldiers (heb) and 2tsp of flora light (1 syn) turned into lunch lol.

Tea was a Sunday roast. Chicken minus the skin, mash, roasties, carrot and swede mash, broccoli and roast parsnips with sw gravy (2 syns).

Sunday pudding was fruit kebabs (strawberries, mango and grapes) with a melted dairy milk kids bar (5.5 syns). I did plan on melting a caramel freddo as I'd heard they were gorgeous but after attempting it twice and the freddos refusing to play ball, I gave it up as a bad job lol xx

Total syns for the day = 8.5

Attachments

• image-4212281785.jpg
    image-4212281785.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 49
Today didn't start well. Not because I was naughty but because my 5yo completely crossed the line! I came downstairs this morning, not to find him drawing on the walls or flooding the kitchen, those I could cope with, but no, he was stood on the footstool at the fridge eating my chocolate!! and not just any chocolate. My big bar of galaxy caramel that has been on the top shelf in the fridge for the last 5 weeks waiting to celebrate my first stone. It really is a good job that I love him! Lol. His excuse was that he didn't think I wanted it anymore because it had been in the fridge 'for a hundred years' lol. At least he's saved me around 8 syns.

So after a hectic morning I didn't have time for breakfast at home so after I dropped the kids off I walked into town and had poached eggs, bacon (I removed the fat), beans and tinned tomatoes with a peppermint tea.

Lunch was leftover turkey burgers and 1tbsp of sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns). I'm hoping the courgette and onion in the burgers will count for most of my super free.

Our eldest had blood tests at the hospital today so I took 2 Alpen lights (heb) with me to snack on and then tea was pasta bolognese and salad with 2tbsp of ex light mayo (1 syn).

The rest of my syns went on a pack of cheese curls (4.5 syns) and chocolate break bar (cheap kit kat) (6 syns) with a clementine.

Weigh-in tomorrow so let's see what the scales say this week :-/ xx

Total syns for the day = 13

Attachments

• image-168047438.jpg
    image-168047438.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 62
  • image-3281863382.jpg
    image-3281863382.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Well I did it (just!). I got my 1 stone shiny :-D

0.5lb lost although I was hoping for more. I'm not sure if the Alpen lights affected my loss so I've bought some hifi bars. I was sure that last time I was on sw 2 hifi were a heb but according to the boxes it's only 1 :-( . I also need to remember to drink more! I drank the litre of water every day a few weeks back but it's gradually tailed off so I really need to get back on it.

Breakfast today was egg and beans on toast (heb).

I had a salted caramel hifi bar on the way home from group, purely for research purposes of course lol (also because I was absolutely ravenous!) and then a veggie chow mein (2.5 syns for the sauce).

Bit of a choc-fest for treat Tuesday. I decided to only have 5 pieces of the galaxy caramel (10 syns) and have a yummy looking pud that I saw in Asda, dark and white chocolate surprise (6.5 syns) and a clementine xx

Total syns for the day = 25

Attachments

• image-953526749.jpg
    image-953526749.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 47
Yesterday's breakfast was grapefruit with a hifi bar.
Lunch was curry loaf with beetroot, pickled onions and 2tbsp ex light mayo (1 syn). It's the first time I've made the curry loaf and it was gorgeous. I had a yogurt after.

I had a very stressful afternoon/evening yesterday :-( I had to take our 7 year old to a&e as we couldn't get her asthma under control after she was sent home from school just after lunch so tea was what I could be bothered to make after getting home at 9pm exhausted and it turned out yummy. Pea and ham soup from the freezer and 2 bacon, lettuce and 2 tbsp ex light mayo (1 syn) omelette wraps.

I used syns on a caramel freddo (5 syns) and a fudge (5.5 syns) with a clementine xx

Total syns for the day = 12.5

Attachments

• image-3079968164.jpg
    image-3079968164.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Hope your daughter is ok. Asthma can be so difficult to get control of sometimes!

Hope your daughter is ok. Asthma can be so difficult to get control of sometimes!

Thanks timmieatimbo, she's much better today. We haven't had a hospital trip for over a year since she started on tablets as well as her inhalers but yesterday was one of her bad attacks which she rarely has now thankfully but a couple of nebulisers at the hospital and some steroid tablets and she was a lot better. It scares the life out of me :-( she goes downhill so fast xx

Hi silvermoon, I bought the ingredients to make houmous a few weeks ago but haven't got around to making it yet. I did make one that had chickpeas and butter beans in it but it was rank lol so just using chickpeas this time. I might make some to snack on tomorrow night xx

Breakfast today was grapefruit and 2 of the most delicious hi-fi bars (heb) ever lol. The light double chocolate crisp ones, I can't wait to buy more on Tuesday.

Lunch was curry loaf, pickled beetroot, gherkins and 2tbsp ex light mayo (1 syn).

Tea was a 'fry' up with 2 nume Cumberland sausages (2 syns), bacon with fat removed, eggs, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms with 2tbsp of brown sauce (1 syn).

For the rest of my syns I had yet another yummy hi-fi bar (3 syns) (I only just managed not to eat the whole box lol), a pack of cheese curls (4.5 syns) and a peach.

Total syns for the day = 11.5

Attachments

• image-1987719003.jpg
    image-1987719003.jpg
    490.3 KB · Views: 40
Yeah sure :) The paté on the pics is smoked mackerel paté which someone posted on another thread

200g smoked mackerel ( check syns depending on brand)
1tbsp horseradish (1 syn)
2-3tbsp fat free fromage frais
Juice of 1 lemon
2-3 spring onions (I didn't have any so left them out)

Skin and de-bone the mackerel fillets and blend with the rest of the ingredients. Chill

I also make a chicken liver paté which is syn free.

1 tub of chicken livers, rinsed
1 onion
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1tsp mixed herbs
8oz of lean bacon, chopped
2-3tbsp fat free fromage frais

Fry the onion, garlic and herbs in frylight until soft. Add the chicken livers and bacon and fry until cooked through. Blend adding the fromage frais until you get the desired consistency.

Both are really yummy xx

Well if not there are still plenty of cold foods to make or even take a flask.

Today for breakfast I had the usual grapefruit and a peanut heaven hi-fi bar.

Lunch was tuna mayo (1 syn) jacket and salad with (2tbsp) ex light mayo (1 syn)

Tea was peanut butter curry (4.5 syns) and egg fried rice.

I made roasted red pepper houmous with veg sticks and had a chocolate cake bar (6.5 syns) and a coconut with a hint of lime muller light xx

Total syns for the day = 13

Attachments

• image-251668946.jpg
    image-251668946.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 43
I've made leek and potato and minestrone soup today. Old sw favourites. I've got a few more that I want to try over the next few weeks. I like having some in the freezer for a quick and easy lunch.

I've had a day of snacking today. One of those days where I just want to eat everything in sight lol but I managed just snacking on fruit between meals.

Breakfast was dippy eggs and soldiers (heb) with 2tsp of flora light (1 syn).

Lunch was minestrone soup.

Tea was macaroni cheese (hea) with salad so I synned my almond milk (500ml = 2.5 syns).

I used the rest of my syns on 2 hi-fi double chocolate crips (6 syns), a muller light after dinner mint yogurt, a clementine and a banana xx

Attachments

• image-3850814098.jpg
    image-3850814098.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 42
Almost slipped up this morning and forgot breakfast but I pulled it back and had a peanut heaven hi-fi bar (heb), a banana and a pear while I was cooking Sunday lunch. I also had half a vanilla mullerlight leftover from when I made pudding.

The hubby was home early today so we actually managed Sunday lunch at lunchtime instead of the usual tea time lol. Roast pork, mash, roasties, carrots, green beans, cabbage, roast parsnips, gravy (2 syns) and I synned some crackling (7 syns).

Tea was leek and potato soup and I made a mocha, vanilla and chocolate pot (0.5 syns) from an old sw magazine which I got from group last week xx

Attachments

• image-2417803197.jpg
    image-2417803197.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 41
I didn't seem to have a minute yesterday and by the time I did, I just wanted to go to bed lol.

So yesterday's breakfast was grapefruit and a salted caramel hi-fi bar (heb).

Lunch was minestrone soup. Well I say soup but it turns into more of a pasta dish when it's been frozen lol. Still yummy though.

Tea was pastitsio (30g Parmesan = hea) with salad and 2tbsp ex light mayo (1 syn). I synned my 500ml of almond milk (2.5 syns).

Snacks were a banana and custard mullerlight, a pear and a fudge (5.5 syns).

Weigh day again. I wonder what the scales will say today as * week is due :-/ xx

Total syns for the day = 9

Attachments

• image-1605341144.jpg
    image-1605341144.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 38
Thanks silvermoon :)

This recipe serves 4 (although I added another 1.5 yogurts when I made it to serve 5 so it can be easily altered)

6 x 175g pots of vanilla mullerlight
4tsp sweetener
4tbsp strong black coffee, cooled
2 vanilla pods, split lengthways
2tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
0.5tsp cocoa powder to dust

Pour 2 of the yogurts into a bowl and stir in 2tsp of sweetener and all of the coffee.

Pour another 2 yogurts into a second bowl, scrape in the seeds of 1 vanilla pod and mix well. Keep the pod.

Pour the final 2 yogurts into a third bowl, stir in the rest of the sweetener, cocoa powder and seeds from the second vanilla pod. Keep the pod.

Divide the coffee yogurt between the serving bowls. Too with a layer of vanilla yogurt and then the cocoa yogurt. Chill for 1-2hrs.

To serve, lightly dust with cocoa powder, halve the saved vanilla pods and use to decorate (remove before eating) xx

It was lovely, I think I might halve the ingredients and make the adults only one next month for our anniversary.

Well I lost a lb this week which surprised me so hopefully * week won't affect me this month.

Breakfast was bacon (fat removed), 2 sausages (2 syns), eggs, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms.

After weigh-in I had a pack of fridge raiders (4 syns) on the way home as I was starving lol and then for tea I had pork chow mein with stir fry sauce (5 syns) followed by a kit kat chunky double caramel (11 syns) which I've been dying to try and wasn't actually that impressed if I'm honest xx

Total syns for the day = 22

Attachments

• image-1274212269.jpg
    image-1274212269.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 25
Quite proud of myself today. My daughters school had a coffee and cake afternoon for Macmillan. Being a fundraising event, I felt a bit tight not buying anything so I chose the smallest cake there and bought extra raffle tickets lol. I had a fairy cake with chocolate chips (5 syns?).

Breakfast was a grapefruit and 2 pieces if toast (heb) with flora light (1 syn) and blackcurrant jam (1 syn). Haven't had this for a few weeks and since my group had none of the gorgeous hi-fi bars, I'm back on toast for breakfast this week.

Lunch was a Tesco sweet chilli chicken taster (1 syn), a coconut and lime mullerlight and a clementine.

Tea was spag bol with salad and munchies were a mullerlight after dinner mint, pear, clementine and my last hi-fi double choc crisp (3 syns). Really hope she gets some more in next week xx

Total syns for the day = 11

Attachments

• image-3077079051.jpg
    image-3077079051.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 27
Back