SW - 6st to lose! Anyone want a buddy??

Hi everyone.

Firstly - well done with your awesome losses!

Sorry I haven't been posting lately, I've had a really bad few weeks, been totally off plan and gained 4lbs :-(

I have picked myself back up and gone back to basics! Doing red and green days (as at least I 100% understand them) and hoping for a good loss, which will hopefully motivate me xx

Been good yesterday and to day So joining has helped
19 Feb 2011 - 15st 4lbs

small goal
under 15st

Bailey52 - well done for joining! I find this site fab for keeping me motivated!! How are you getting on so far?? x

A day at the time

Have been good today usually have a glass of wine Saturday night decided I wanted to have maltesers today so I am having a slimline tonic water feel good about it. better for the liver too!

19 Feb 2011 - 15st 4lbs

small goal
under 15st

Last edited:
vitzy82 said:
No probs Zinz :) how did your day go? My appetite has returned today! Trying not to overdo it though and focus on healthier things. Bit wary of anything to rich at the mo! Got my nieces bday sun - 1 year old and think my bro planned small party so will have to b careful there.

Hope u and everyone has a synn free (maybe not sin free lol) weekend!

Day went well, this forum really helpful so thanks fellow dieters. Glad things improving for you. Good luck today with birthday tea - buffet grazing can be lethal, I'd happily live off buffet! Think about it before you pop it in your mouth. I'm off to celebratory meal for 80 year old aunt. Need to not order scampish and chips ( my pun favourite ).

Keep the faith and have a healthy day gang.

Thanks Zinz, tea went well in the end. Had a little bit to eat and some v naughty rice pud but wasn't too bad. How was ya dinner?

Had my proper weigh in on Sunday and following returning to eating my loss was 5lbs. I'm hoping that it stays off now as to date my losses have been quite small.

Back on track properly this week I hope!

Hope u all have a good day xx

Hi everyone, how did you all do over the weekend? I was 100% on plan until I shared a dessert at Frankie and Bennies yesterday. Gutted! and more because I really wanted to have a good week after my two weeks off plan. Ick!

Morning fellow dieters,

I would love to know how I can wake up in the morning, in essence the same as any other morning; and know that the temptation/failure imp is sitting on my shoulder. Been awake 45 mins and already feel that today will be a struggle in terms of food! What's that about? Does anyone else get this, and any tips for shifting the feeling? :(

Also wondering if there are certain points where this happens I restarted (never ending diet) on 6 th February, are there equivalents of the seven year itch (the thirteen day diet tempt?) in dieting?

Thoughts / solutions on a postcard please!

I get this feeling literally every third day that I’m on plan. It’s awful isn’t it.. and then if I do have a bad night.. the feeling then returns in the morning with added extra pings of guilt! :cry:

Naughty naughty! I've had three terrible days on diet so far - I don't know why, no excuse for it really. V disappointed in myself as really wanted to get into next weight range this week. I was wondering if I try really hard over next three days with some exercise thrown in maybe I could manage 1/2 - 1 pound loss?

Why oh why do I do this! I really have no time to lose to get the weight off.

Hope everyone else having better week then me!

Hope to get back on track but keep having this ' you've blown this week just start again monday' this is always my downfall as I listen to it! Any1 else get this?

vitzy82 said:
Thanks Zinz, tea went well in the end. Had a little bit to eat and some v naughty rice pud but wasn't too bad. How was ya dinner?

Had my proper weigh in on Sunday and following returning to eating my loss was 5lbs. I'm hoping that it stays off now as to date my losses have been quite small.

Back on track properly this week I hope!

Hope u all have a good day xx

Hi Vitzy

Lunch went well quorn chilli. Then in evening at my dad's out came the cheese tray with crackers, lurpak and tortillas. Went berserk.

Followed by three days eating in a rainy cottage in the lakes ... (And nice eating out - can highly recommend Drunken Duck in Hawkshead). With that I've blown it this week attitude - mad food as provided by my younger slim sister in law.

So been dieting three weeks this time round with only 4 lbs off to show for it. But back on track today. Hope you find your zone. :( well done on your 5 lbs.

Hmmm yes..... Just reading back thru this thread and if we could manage the temptation imp, guilt and I've blown it attitude the whole dieting thing would be more successful. Don't cry Elaine, it's a vicious circle. Each new day, new hope :) Have a good week all.

Hi Zinz, I know how u feel, so much for me getting out the I blown it attitude! This weeks gone to pot. Gonna go weigh myself in a min, dreading it! I'm debating joining my local meeting but my leader there is not great but wondering whether it will give me more motivation. Not sure.....

vitzy82 said:
Hi Zinz, I know how u feel, so much for me getting out the I blown it attitude! This weeks gone to pot. Gonna go weigh myself in a min, dreading it! I'm debating joining my local meeting but my leader there is not great but wondering whether it will give me more motivation. Not sure.....

Well done for getting on the scales - not weighing for me can lead to another week/ month/ year of eating what I like. I know what you mean re meetings, they work but I must admit I've felt irritable in meetings before ( poss not good leader and felt patronised - I know how to do it, I just don't! ) and then I quit going and the leader stalks you in an encouraging way. Think it really works for some people tho. I just feel more guilty when I stop going. Hope you have a more positive week :) you can get back on track!

ZinZ said:
Well done for getting on the scales - not weighing for me can lead to another week/ month/ year of eating what I like. I know what you mean re meetings, they work but I must admit I've felt irritable in meetings before ( poss not good leader and felt patronised - I know how to do it, I just don't! ) and then I quit going and the leader stalks you in an encouraging way. Think it really works for some people tho. I just feel more guilty when I stop going. Hope you have a more positive week :) you can get back on track!

Thanks Zinz, in the end amazingly I stayed the same. Written up a plan for the week. I've felt same in meetings b4 too so gonna try stick to it on my own for a while longer. Here's hoping we both have good weeks! Good luck.

Hi Vitzy, hope plan going well for you this week and that first day of spring having a positive effect. I've invested in some sw recipe books to try and add some variation. I'm v lazy and unimaginative in the kitchen so trying harder to be more inspired.

Have a good week all :)

Hi Zinz, plan was going really well until this evening. Went to my uncles and he insisted we ate fish and chips with him! I think it will b ok though as planned rest of week so will have a few days without syns and throw in some exercise - try and get out of the "I've blown it mentality"

How's your week going?

Hope everyone is doing well?

I've signed up for the bronze fitness challenge so here's hoping!

Hi all
have lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks but am struggling this week I am at 15.1 would just like to see 14 on my scales I am wieghing early this week so I intend to be very good remainder of today and Mon and Tuesday, There are weeks I just seem to lose the plot but I am determined to do better have been for a 1hour walk hope it will help claw back some syns

vitzy82 said:
Hi Zinz, plan was going really well until this evening. Went to my uncles and he insisted we ate fish and chips with him! I think it will b ok though as planned rest of week so will have a few days without syns and throw in some exercise - try and get out of the "I've blown it mentality"

How's your week going?

Hope everyone is doing well?

I've signed up for the bronze fitness challenge so here's hoping!

Hides head in shame! I've turned into the incredible eating machine ..... Coinciding with period! I've also had fish n chips, crisps, 2 crunchies and a plethora of other rubbish. Feel control returning so tomorrow is another day. Hope yr week better than mine.

Indeed hope all of you having a good week, I'll be joining you tomorrow lol. ;)

bailey52 said:
Hi all
have lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks but am struggling this week I am at 15.1 would just like to see 14 on my scales I am wieghing early this week so I intend to be very good remainder of today and Mon and Tuesday, There are weeks I just seem to lose the plot but I am determined to do better have been for a 1hour walk hope it will help claw back some syns

Good job bet that magic 14 will appear v soon, keep the faith!

Back