SW after 3 month liquid diet...advice

Hi
after some advice if anyone can help...
I lost 3 stone last year with SW & loved every minute! But over Xmas & NY I went silly & put on nearly a stone in 8 weeks :( so mid Jan I embarked on a 10 week liquid diet challenge which I've managed to do, I've lost 3 stone in that time but still have 1 stone to loose... I've decided not to continue with the liquid diet ( it's been tough going) & I'm starting to feel unwell & detached from food and socially denied! I love cooking and craving fresh fruit & veg, so from tomorrow I'm planning on getting back on the SW way of eating but I'm really nervous that I will put it all back on.. I'm thinking of sticking to original and staying off carbs, just wondering if anyone else has manged to make this transfer successfully, I'm planning on building exercise back into routine this week too as haven't been able to do it for past 10 weeks either! Any advice really appreciated xxx

There are lots of threads about starting SW after a vlcd so worth a search. Basically you are almost certain to see a gain for the first week or two as your body adjusts but it should then settle and start coming off again. Starting out on red and gradually re-introducing carbs is probably the way to go :)

Hi there, I joined slimming world last week after coming of a liquid diet. I was the same craving fruit, veg and basically real food. My sw consultant said I may gain or lose the first week, everyone is different . She said to give my body about 2 to 3 weeks to get used to it. I've jumped straight in at extra easy as I've never followed the plan before. I weigh in tues so fingers crossed x

I have no advice because after I came off a liquid diet I binged over Xmas because I missed food so much and here I am 2st heavier. Wish I'd started Sw straight after. I think the gain you get isn't fat, it's mostly water and will disappear again when your body gets used to food again.

I came off a VLCD in January and went straight into SW. I didn't gain anything, but I was really careful at first and introduced the carbs really slowly. It took me about a month to get up to speed with SW and I have had good losses ever since. You are doing the right thing going straight on to SW before you start eating normally. It will definitely help you to find your way through the 'food minefield' ahead! I think you have exactly the right idea to limit your carbs to begin with, and as J.D. says above, if you do gain anything it will just be water and will come off quickly. Well done on your excellent loss already and good luck with SW, I am sure you will enjoy it!
:D

Thanks so much for all your replies, good to hear that I'm not on my own with using a VLCD at some point! I love SW and its so ingrained in my way of eating and preparing food that I know it will be a forever after compared to a short fix .. I'm prepared for a short term gain :( & going back to group this week xxxx

Hi there, I joined slimming world last week after coming of a liquid diet. I was the same craving fruit, veg and basically real food. My sw consultant said I may gain or lose the first week, everyone is different . She said to give my body about 2 to 3 weeks to get used to it. I've jumped straight in at extra easy as I've never followed the plan before. I weigh in tues so fingers crossed x
Let me know how you get on xxx Goodluck xxxx

I think after a few weeks when your bodies used to eating proper food again then you should slowly start losing weight. No wonder you want to come off the liquid diet if you're feeling unwell :( good luck

Last year i did a vlcd for 2 months and when i came off i missed food so much that in the 2 weeks before i rejoined sw i gained 8lbs back of the 2 stone i lost because i just ate a lot but after my first week back on sw and i ate normally minus bread i lost 6lbs x

Back