SW + an egg allergy.

Hi everyone - new to posting so if this is in the wrong place, I apologise!

I've recently started doing SW with my OH from home - we don't really have the time/money to attend meetings right now :( However this forum is being amazing - even if I am just being a serial lurker! (all changing now, i promise :p) We are doing a mix of red and green days, mostly green because I find red days difficult with my egg allergy. (However my OH can't give up meat...lol)

Basically my egg allergy puts me in a position where I can't eat a lot of egg. Last week I did an experiment to see how many eggs I could eat within 24 hours and I got myself a lovely rash at 3 eggs. (Don't worry guys - its not a self harm thing, its just a trigger for an eczema rash...on my face -_-)

Now, my problem is that I am the chef in the house, and I brought that lovely SW free food book, and MANY MANY things contain eggs as a staple ingredient, almost.

Has anyone else been in the same situation as me? I don't really know what to do!! :sigh:

hmmm I find I only really use eggs in salads and omelettes or if I'm making a SW quiche, so I probably wouldn't find it a problem if I couldn't eat eggs, do the recipes call for more than 1 or 2 eggs?
x

I eat a fair amount off egg, but only because I don't eat meat. Even so, it wouldn't be a huge problem to cut them out, especially as it seems like you can eat small amounts.

You can still eat all fruit and veg, rice, cous-cous, non-egg pasta, most noodles, meat, meat replacements, cheese, bread, baked beans and other pulses, yoghurt and upto 2 eggs a day. In fact, I think it's recommended you don't eat more than two eggs a day anyway, so as you seem to be able to manage that, it shouldn't be too hard.

I don't eat eggs everyday, and have tonnes to eat! Good luck x

Have you considered extra easy? I do extra easy and have only used 5 eggs in 3 weeks so far for two of us. Then your oh could have as much meat as he likes and from what I've seen apart from breakfast ideas and say carbonara most of the EE recipes are low in eggs :)

I'd say extra easy is the best way to go as well. You could have a SW fry up minus the eggs for you, but still have everything else. In fact, I reckon I eat about 3 eggs a week, unless I do a red day & have an omelette for breakfast.

Hi guys thanks for the replies :) I actually can't seem to get my head around the EE thingy, probably because I'm doing it from home and can't seem to find much about it! My OH thinks it wouldn't work as well as doing red/green days...I'm not sure! I've had a decent loss doing red and green days, but certainly open to suggestions if other people feel EE works better for them!

hiya i have been doing slimming world for ages now and have never had an egg and I have coped haha! Theres loads of things out there that do not contain egg cxx

I'm not very tolerant of egg - makes me sick. I dont find it too hard to avoid though but i do do EE most days with a few green. It can be done x

EE works just as well as the other plans, just make sure you only have one each of the HE's and have your 3rd superfree.

I eat a lot of eggs some days and some I don't have any, I like eggs though that's why I eat so many, I don't think you need them for sw.

Someone mentioned carbanara using eggs, but we make ours differently, we fry off bacon, chicken, onions (whatever other veg we have to hand) cook our pasta, then add 150g philli light as a HEA for two people (I think that's the right amount, my boyfriend makes this dish to be honest) to the meat and veg, mix it all together and then add to the cooked pasta, its yummy

I've lost 3.5 stone doing mainly extra easy! It does work.

Its really simple

All the stuff you can eat on red days, and all the stuff you can eat on green days, you can eat on extra easy days, at hte same time. You just need to make sure you have 1/3rd of your plate as superfree foods (fruits & veg that aren't starchy (so potatoes/peas/parsnips/sweetcorn are all free not superfree) and 1 Healthy a & b a day. Try to snack on superfree first.

You may not loose as quickly, but you will loose

Back