SW and exercise

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weekly Weigh In' started by Naejcam, 2 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Naejcam

Naejcam New Member

Hi there
    I lost 3½ stone on SW 7 years ago; it then found me again. I lost it again on Rosemary Conley. I did exercise this time and found I enjoyed running. I gradually built up to 40 minutes daily......3 years later I'm waiting for a hip operation on both sides and use a stick to walk around the house and am unable to walk further than a few metres outside. Doctors say it's due to the impact of running and I've 'damaged' the hip bursa and my back. :mad: I'm now 3½ stone heavier again. Has anyone lost weight on SW without doing exercise? Until I get my hip sorted out I'm unable to do any but need to try and help myself by losing weight. Your help is needed, thanks.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dabhand

dabhand Starting over

Goal Weight:
    57.2kg
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry to hear about your hip. I struggle with exercise as I have a bad knee. I still try though! You can lose weight on SW without exercising so don't worry about that. Hope you get sorted soon.

4. Welsh-rare-bit 

Welsh-rare-bit  Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2lb(24.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes you can ;) I did none at all when I lost my first 2.5 stone! And I'm sure you'll find that when you start loosing weight you will become more mobile xxxx good luck ;)

5. gonnadoithistime

gonnadoithistime Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    aww sorry to hear about that! How did you find rosemary conley ! I am debatin joining there!

6. traymanda

traymanda Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Good luck for the hip operation sweetie...xx

7. MsMia

MsMia Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(16.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    So sorry to hear about your hip, high impact exercise is painful enough for me, and that's just because of my weight. Most of the people in my group don't do a lot of exercise, I thnk it's particularly helpful if you've reached a plateau, but I don't think it's compulsory.

XxX

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.