• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

SW and IBS

Hi everyone,

I just wondered if anyone on here suffers from IBS? and how SW affects this? I am following EE and have so far lost 1 stone 3lbs since November. I do struggle with vegetable intake and tend to just have carrots and runner beans as most other veg (which I love, brocolli, cauli, sprouts etc) all trigger my IBS. They just go straight through me and give me agonising stomach ache. Just wondered if anyone else has this problem?

x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Mel2

Silver Member
S: 19st11lb C: 17st6lb G: 13st0lb Loss: 2st5lb(11.91%)
I suffered terribly with my IBS pre-slimming world but since I started it Ive only had 1 or 2 attacks and thats when I've overdone it with the quark. I think mine's triggered by too much dairy. Do you eat Activia yoghurts? They might help.

Hi thanks for the reply. No I don't eat those as I am also lactose intolerant :cry: it's such a pain and gets so annoying at times. Thanks for the suggestion though. I will just have to keep trying small amounts of things I guess x

Foxy1509

S: 17st2.5lb C: 17st0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 38.4 Loss: 0st2.5lb(1.04%)
Hiya.

I too have awful IBS symptoms, which seem to have got worse since I started SW. I thought initially it was wheat and knocked that out of my diet completely. However, I've now been wheat free for three months and I'm still getting the symptoms. I do eat a lot more fruit now than I used to, and I'm currently experimenting to see if any specific types of fruit spark it off. At the moment, I think apples may be one of the culprits, but that theory is still yet to be proven. Will report back again once I've completed some more research!!

Shirleen

Gold Member
S: 21st12.5lb C: 21st4lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 45.3 Loss: 0st8.5lb(2.77%)
My IBS flares up around my *week so I'll be doing a green week that week as too many veg trigger me off.
The yogurt a day has helped too (sorry I know you're LI).

But the main trigger was fat so that's helped enormously!

JackieN

One day at a time, one step at a time
S: 18st8lb C: 18st8lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 44.6 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I have suffered with IBS for years. I find taking Aloe vera juice daily really helps and I mean really helps. I stopped taking it for a while and noticed the difference. I did have one bout of IBS the first week I did SW (only week 3 for me) but think that was eating less wheat and eating more fruit. You can buy Aloe Vera tablets too but I found the juice worked better for me

S: 19st0lb C: 16st3lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 36.6 Loss: 2st11lb(14.66%)
Have found mine is so much better on the SW plan, but have to be careful not to eat tooo much fruit.

Thank you so mcuh for all your replies. I'm glad I'm not on my own. Mine tends to flare up with lots of veg, so i struggle a bit with the 1/3 superfree on EE. So maybe I will have to try doing some red days or something. Thanks again for letting me know I'm not alone in this battle :) xx