SW and illness

GoForIt said:
Just seen this post! Wow, this is fab progress, well done! I can't wait until I start losing. What a rush!

Well been away,AGAIN!!! and put 1.1/2 back on so been a bit down and been eating in secret??? (who does that hurt except me.:(:(? ) but been back looking on here and think my motivation is back!!!! Fingers x

Well been away,AGAIN!!! and put 1.1/2 back on so been a bit down and been eating in secret??? (who does that hurt except me.:(:(? ) but been back looking on here and think my motivation is back!!!! Fingers x[/QUOTE]

Stick with it - I find it hard sometimes too but look back in my book & think how good it felt when they write my losses in to try & keep me on track. As for eating in secret, I've been there & then you get the food guilt, just draw a line under it & don't beat yourself about it cuz if you're anything like me you'll end up eating even more to comfort yourself. Before you secret munch, ask yourself if you'd eat it in front of your slimming world class. If not, don't eat it. Someone (can't remember who, sorry) put this on another thread & its my mantra now! I have it stuck on my fridge & naughty tin!!! Xx

I'm glad I've found this thread. I don't have M.E, I have breast cancer and I'm currently going through chemotherapy. The fatigue is similar, I'm told.

My head hasn't really been in the right place so I've been half-heartedly following the plan over the last few months and telling myself it's ok to eat what I want (loads of syns, basically), but about a week ago, something just 'clicked' in my brain and I've been 100% on plan for the past week.

My consultant said I'm fine to follow SW as it's healthy eating and it's actually good for me as long as I make sure I'm getting everything I need nutrition-wise, which I am.

Hugs to everyone who needs them - we can do this. :gen126:

Blaze said:
I'm glad I've found this thread. I don't have M.E, I have breast cancer and I'm currently going through chemotherapy. The fatigue is similar, I'm told.

My head hasn't really been in the right place so I've been half-heartedly following the plan over the last few months and telling myself it's ok to eat what I want (loads of syns, basically), but about a week ago, something just 'clicked' in my brain and I've been 100% on plan for the past week.

My consultant said I'm fine to follow SW as it's healthy eating and it's actually good for me as long as I make sure I'm getting everything I need nutrition-wise, which I am.

Hugs to everyone who needs them - we can do this. :gen126:

Sad post, I hope you're ok!

I'm sure your heads been all over the place lately and loosing weight was the last thing on your mind! So glad it finally 'clicked' with you to start healthy eating and fingers crossed this will help speed up your recovery! I'll search for a thread which I think will be good for you and I'll post it (if I can on my phone) x

Oh, I'm not sad about it at all - obviously I had a cry when I was diagnosed, but mostly I feel incredibly lucky. I found it ridiculously early and it's not spread, I'm being treated with the full whack (lumpectomy, chemo, radiotherapy, hormone tablets) because I'm only in my twenties, but if it had been someone older with 'my' type of cancer, they'd have just done surgery and radiotherapy. My chances of it never coming back are excellent. :D

Thank you for that link, I shall have look later on but right now my stomach is rumbling, so I think dinner calls. ;)

a great thread, full of realism and inspiration for living with illness xx I have pernicious anaemia and a related neurological condition caused by damage to the nerves when it was undiagnosed. The nerve pain and fatigue are the hardest to deal with now Im physically back on my feet and I find my pain levels affect my appetite - lowering it, or killing it off completely, and there are some days where I want to eat very little. Or days where my hands or balance are shot and it's hard to prepare stuff.
good luck to everyone tackling weight loss along side the extra challenge of not being 100% well xxx

june 2012.
hello ,im daisy ,im new to posting on here.i found this thread as i was looking for sw people who like me have fibromyalgia and m.e.
the thread seems to be quite dated but well worth looking back on.its great to see it is possible to lose weight with a chronic illness in tow....
any one up for some mutual support coping with fibro/m.e get in touch
best wishes daisy x

Hi daisy and welcome

I just wanted to say my sister has m.e. so know all the issues you face. Hope you are on the road to recovery and SW works well for you x

ahh cheers chuck.hope your sister's okay.x

She's so much better, been about 9 years now, but working as a physio again and does so much.

ahh thats good to hear.
ive only been diagnosed less than 2,though i think ive had it about 4.there are much worse illnesses,i just wish it didnt go on for so long.
good luck getting to your goals xx

Hi Daisy!

I joined Slimming World back in April and I have M.E. & Fibromyalgia too. I have found the last 3 weeks tough to be honest as i have spent a fair bit of time asleep! But this is a lifestyle change not a quick fix so I will get there as i am sure you will too :)

Looking forward to chatting with you soon,
Mel x

hi mel,
soz for the delay in responding.its nice to meet you !
ive been home alone since sunday and my sleep has got really topsy turvy.yesterday was a bit of a daft day,realised i'd not got my keys so couldnt go out.survived on honeynut shreddies and plums... not over eating but not really a sw day.fell asleep in the afternoon.
got loads of things to ask you but my brain doesnt seem to be working today.
a start -how long have you had fibro ?
daisyx

Hi guys just wanted to say hi I also have ME and it's been a rough ride at the moment sleeping a lot and feeling awful
Just wanted to say hi

dear dustqueen ,
hi ! if we can co-inside we might be able to have a good chat .... sleeping v.wrong the last couple of days.did you see mels message,be nice if we could support each other.youve been a member ages....
i promise to make more sense soon. daisx

Hi Daisy & Dustqueen!

Sorry to hear that your'e both feeling rough at the moment...this illness is a bloomin pain in the neck..literally:mad:

In answer to your question Daisy, i have had M.E. and Fibro since 2005 after a virus and that was that basically, its only in the last few months that ive learnt to accept it because im a stubborn mule who doesnt do well with change and setbacks. I have two children (both boys) and a fab hubby who is a great help (unless football is on!).

I have been going to Slimming World with a good friend who is not to be messed with! She is the most proactive person i have EVER met (not sure if this is a helpful having M.E.??) and really encourages me if im struggling.

As you will both know however, its really hard explaining to other people how its hard to prepare meals and plan efficiently to get the best out of slimming world.
Im back to using a food diary so i know exactly what im eating, and ive decided that if i want this to work, ive got to stop the all or nothing attitude. And if i have had a bad day or a bad week, just pick myself up as quicky as i can and see how i get on from there, i suppose im trying to be realistic and not overwhelmed with it becuase its not easy is it?

I went to weigh in last night and have put 3 pounds on that i have lost so im fired up (for now!) to get back on track and on plan...I really hope we can keep this thread going and support each other im sure it will really help us. Keep posting! :)

Mel x

Hey guys
Yeah it is so hard to explain it to people who don't understand
I've been sleeping 0500-1530 recently so that doesn't help :S
They've put me on some new tablets (antidepressants) to try and help my recovery from this relapse and it's making me balloon. I did success express last week and stated within syns etc was expecting a big loss and got +1/2 this week I had a day off last thurs but think I'm looking at a +5 gain! Must be the bloody tablets mustn't it? :(

myonlysunshine said:
Hi Daisy & Dustqueen!

Sorry to hear that your'e both feeling rough at the moment...this illness is a bloomin pain in the neck..literally:mad:

In answer to your question Daisy, i have had M.E. and Fibro since 2005 after a virus and that was that basically, its only in the last few months that ive learnt to accept it because im a stubborn mule who doesnt do well with change and setbacks. I have two children (both boys) and a fab hubby who is a great help (unless football is on!).

I have been going to Slimming World with a good friend who is not to be messed with! She is the most proactive person i have EVER met (not sure if this is a helpful having M.E.??) and really encourages me if im struggling.

As you will both know however, its really hard explaining to other people how its hard to prepare meals and plan efficiently to get the best out of slimming world.
Im back to using a food diary so i know exactly what im eating, and ive decided that if i want this to work, ive got to stop the all or nothing attitude. And if i have had a bad day or a bad week, just pick myself up as quicky as i can and see how i get on from there, i suppose im trying to be realistic and not overwhelmed with it becuase its not easy is it?

I went to weigh in last night and have put 3 pounds on that i have lost so im fired up (for now!) to get back on track and on plan...I really hope we can keep this thread going and support each other im sure it will really help us. Keep posting! :)

Mel x

Hey Mel x sorry about your gain but it's a new week now hope it goes well for you x

Back