SW are crazy.....

Also anyone looked on teh fb sw consultant site, someone has let slip about changes being brought in about all plans being 3 meals a day, and snacks are to only be super-free foods!

Woh woh woh you have got to be kidding! Red and green is what makes SW so unique and easy to follow! It works to! So yeah if it aint broke dont fix it!

They dont say red and green will go...this is the wording

"snacks using super free foods only, after going to the meeting sunday and finding out that we are to encourage snacking on super free and three meals a day on all plans"

I hate the idea of only doing 3 meals; that's why I do Red and Green and NOT Extra Easy unless it's a special day.

I will NOT be renewing my membership if they change this. Please LISTEN TO YOUR MEMBERS slimming world.!!

Bloody hell.......as you're saying, if it's not broke don't fix it!!

They dont say red and green will go...this is the wording

"snacks using super free foods only, after going to the meeting sunday and finding out that we are to encourage snacking on super free and three meals a day on all plans"

Ok, read the wording: ENCOURAGE!! This is undoubtedly something the consultants have been told to say to members whose weight losses are flagging.

If all of us stuck to three balanced meals a day and only snacked on superfree foods, keeping a limited amount of syns within our cooking (sauces, gravies, desserts) we would no doubt see a tremendous difference in our losses.

My consultant gets told off if her class members don't have a significant loss, like it's as if she personally forced a member who gained weight to eat pies and crap. This is surely what they have been told to say to help members give their weight loss a boost and doesn't sound like a rule that members are going to be forced to stick to. It's going to be like a Fast Forward or a tailored eating plan idea... that's how it sounds to me anyway.

My consultant says she's going to a big 6 hour meeting/conference thing this week and hasn't heard anything about this, also that consultants aren't supposed to tell members snippets like this without the official wording from head office as it causes confusion, as it has done here. Whoever let this slip could lose their job.

She also said that if you're eating pasta n sauce smash quiche and you're still losing weight, then hurrah, eat pasta n sauce quiche and don't worry about it.

OMG I wonder if they will make us syn the air we breathe . . . hold your breath everyone lol xx

BUT IF they do change it (the plan I mean) and the way it is now IS working for you, don't fix your plan! Do what works for you, whether that be the new plan, EE, green, red, WW whatever - you know the basics, you have the books, you have the support on here and at class so do what works for YOU!

I took 2 couscous cakes for our taster.
One was free as far as I was concerned. The other was the mince on, and syned because of the mincemeat.
The same old story, our stand in C (ours is on hols, and the stand in is an area manager. Brilliant, in my opinion) said that couscous used as flour must be syned so no way is it free. Apparently it's because it's in a form that is not normally eaten. No sense to me, but there we are!
She did say that when people are struggling with weight loss, they look for this type of "tweaking" first.

With regards to SW changing the eating plans, I would wait to see what they actually say before jumping to conclusions.
I do know that they are trying to promote the EE plan. As far as I am concerned, that is a brilliant idea as it, for me, is the best plan. I have done both red and green, and fallen off the wagon quite quickly as I find it very restrictive. Each to their own, of course, but for me EE is the only way.
I can't see them stopping the other plans as it works well for so many.
I really also can't see them insisting on only 3 meals a day with snacks as super free foods only. That is not the way SW works.
I think we should just wait and see what they decide. So far SW has not done badly whatever they do. In my books, they come up tops, and I believe they know what they are doing.

I'm no big fan of change, especially as 100% green days has been fantastic for me, but the bottom line is SW is at the forefront of nutritional science, and every day new discoveries are being made. Surely as new methods and new techniques are discovered we should be embracing the changes, knowing that we as members are at the forefront of weight loss?

SW relies on the subs of it's members to survive, so it isn't going to come up with any old rubbish which will cause members to kick off and leave to go to a.n.other slimming club.

Whatever they come up with, will be passed onto us through our consultants, and I am certain if there are problems then the consultants will feed it back up through the chain.

All our goals are the same here, to lose our excess weight. So far the vast majority of us have been doing just that by trusting them and listening to them.

I think we need to listen to what they say, and be prepared for a little modernisation of our understandings.

OK, who's next on the soapbox? ;)

You don't wanna know, you really don't!!

Girls (and boy) just to let you know my consultant was told this little pearl of wisdom at one of the SW conference type thingys they have to go to periodically.
Now, I'm a HUGE advocate of SW but this is just crazy.

I can honestly see pasta in sauce not being a free food before long, but that's my opinion though!!

Silly SW!:mad:

Yes I do want the recipe!:D

Can someone post it on here for me please

So you can make the PnS as a side dish to a SW quiche and it's free, but put it INTO the quiche and it's not? I agree...wtf?? I do question some syn values over others etc in this plan...and when my OH asks why things are syned more than you'd think or vice versa I usually say - I don't know but it works lol.

But this does seem silly...how bizarre! xxx

I think some consultants think that if they can scare their members into not eating as much then they will try every trick in the book.

My C said last night that she has a man in another class who every time he's felt like slipping into a big plate of cakes, he's had a chunk of cous cous cake, and he's done this for three months and he's three stone down and has lost weight every week. She says if it helps you and it works and keeps you away from the chippy, DO IT!

Ok this was discussed in group last night, apparently the packaging and ingredients have changed so they have a syn value of 1.5syns

Are they worried about people having LESS than 3 meals a day, or MORE than 3 meals a day. I read that quote to mean the former. And it wouldn't be the forst time we've heard that we sould have breakfast and eat during the day, surely.

I can see why the lasagne sheet thing was 'tweaking', as pasta usually has lots of water in it so is filling, and baked / dried it wouldn't be as satisfying as in it's usual form so you would eat more. Maybe even the same for cous cous cake. BUT, the quiche thing isn't tweaking surely. I'm going to carry on making that. In fact, might make one today! So there.

I do think some of SW's little quirks are a bit silly and unnecessary. My particular pet peeve is the synning-blended-fruit nonsense. Months ago I decided to ignore this and start having my fruit smoothies again for breakfast, and counting them as Free Foods. I've lost over six stone doing this, it hasn't affected my weight loss in any way. Obviously, because the calories in the fruit I'm blending are exactly the same calories it would be if I was eating it whole! All this stuff about blending it 'releasing the sugars!!111!!!', I mean really. :D

Calories are calories, at the end of the day.

Back