SW Chips

i cut my potatoes up, stick in a plastic bowl and microwave for about 5 mins - shaking half way.

then i throw on a pizza tray, spray with frylight and bake in top of the oven on highest setting for around 10-15 mins.

i cut my potatoes up, stick in a plastic bowl and microwave for about 5 mins - shaking half way.

then i throw on a pizza tray, spray with frylight and bake in top of the oven on highest setting for around 10-15 mins.

I did this and they didnt turn out very nice. lol. Maybe i did something wrong. Gonna have another go but the best part about all this messing about is it putting me off chips! pmsl.

mmmm what sausages do u use? i'v only ever ate REAL sausages wil loads of syns i'd say (have never even checked as havnt had them since i started sw) xx
I found out the other day that Morrisons good for you sausages (the less that 3% fat ones) Are syn free! Brought some yesterday and I am going to try them tonight on my fry up sow ill let you know what their like. It has to be the pork ones though, not the other kinds. Hope this helps

Once you've par-boiled them (either in boiling water in the microwave or on the hob - I leave them until they rise to the top) then take them out, dry them off (I think this is an important part), spray them with frylight and bung them in the oven on high.

I always make sure mine are soft enough to eat without being in the oven and think of it that I'm putting them in the oven to brown and crisp not cook. If you get what I mean.

Yeah makes sence, i do just like them when their boiled. i could happily eat them like that and the kids love em like that too. lol. But i do want to do proper SW chips. thanks for all the advise. I missed out the part where you dry them off. I also read somewehre that you let them cool too, is that right? I use about 6-7 sprays of fry light too, is that too much?

I found out the other day that Morrisons good for you sausages (the less that 3% fat ones) Are syn free! Brought some yesterday and I am going to try them tonight on my fry up sow ill let you know what their like. It has to be the pork ones though, not the other kinds. Hope this helps

aww we dont hav a morrisons here :mad: xxx

I always give them a few sprays and then shuffle them about a bit.

yep im on EE so i had omlette made with 2 eggs, ham, mushrooms, peas, onion and 2 very low fat laughing cow cheeses (heA). with a few sw chips and beans. yummy :)

yep im on EE so i had omlette made with 2 eggs, ham, mushrooms, peas, onion and 2 very low fat laughing cow cheeses (heA). with a few sw chips and beans. yummy :)

Sounds yum. I'm just tucking into mine now. Thanks for the idea! I was really hungry and looking forward to it. I could live on omelettes! I really feel like I have eaten too much this week. Bet I gained. But I haven't gone over my syns!

I use about 6-7 sprays of fry light too, is that too much?

I use about 30 sprays by the end of cooking! About 15-20 sprays at the beginning then after 10 mins I give another 15-20 sprays.

I also sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper at the beginning. Yum!!

i had trouble with my chips and discovered my frylight was way out of date, since i bought new stuff, they have come out great. I also use loads of sprays,

I do mine a little differently, because when I boil them on the hob, I find that I boil them too much and they turn to mush.
Now I pierce the skins and put them in the microwave for about 10 mins, as if I'm doing jacket potatoes, then I cut them up, frylight the tray, pop them on and do them at full heat. The are always brown (sometimes too brown!) and not completely mush in the middle! MMmmm... I just had some for tea with a chicken kiev from the new recipe book. Lovely!

Back