SW Come Dine With Me!

jerricebenton

Silver Member
Reading the FB discussion group gave me this idea :D

If you were to appear on a SW version of Come Dine With Me, what would you cook to impress your guests?

You can use up to 15 syns, you have to have 3 courses, can be green/red or EE (all courses must follow 1 plan though) and you have to make it interesting!

So, what would your menu be?

starter would be baked eggs with smoked salmon cigars filled with garlic and herb quark
main would be roast beef with roasted carrots, leeks sauteed with quorn bacon bits, and cauliflower (gravy available on request!!!)
desert would be a lemon mousse terrine (made with sugar free lemon jelly, vanilla mullerlites, gelatine, egg white, lemon zest and juice) topped with mini chocolate stars
drinks available would be sugar free squash, diet sodas, still and sparkling mineral water, with tea/coffee and an after dinner mint to follow

this follows a red day using eggs, smoked salmon, quark, garlic and herbs, beef, carrots, cauliflower, leeks, quorn, mullers, lemon, and drinks as free food.

syns would be in the desert (half a syn per portion following a recipe provided by our lovely C), gravy if desired...

obviously this menu is subject to everyone being an omnivore!

dont think i could top that. We have winner!!!!

Id serve spicy butternut squash soup to start, with roast chick pea croutons.

For the main course, Id serve pea risotto served with lemon & herb salmon parcels, asparagus spears & green beans.

Pudding woud have to be Oreo Cheesecakes (2.5 syns each, would probably serve 2 per guest).

Total of 5 syns per guest! This would be a EE meal.

Here's what I would make;

STARTER
Smoked salmon pate - Made with smoked flaked salmon blended with quark, chives & seasonings. Potted in little ramekins lined with smoked salmon slices, then turned out with a sprig of parsley on top. Served with salad, capers and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Melba toasts made with wholemeal bread (HEB) on the side.

MAIN COURSE
Butternut risotto - with roasted butternut squash cubes, toasted pine nuts (synned) and Parmesan (HEA)
Pan fried Sea bass fillet
Sauteed green beans

DESSERT
Vanilla Panna Cotta - made with sugar free lemonade, gelatin, vanilla pods and 2% Greek yogurt stirred in. Served with stewed rhubarb

COFFEE
1 small piece dark chocolate (synned) with coffee

:D

Here's what I would make;

STARTER
Smoked salmon pate - Made with smoked flaked salmon blended with quark, chives & seasonings. Potted in little ramekins lined with smoked salmon slices, then turned out with a sprig of parsley on top. Served with salad, capers and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Melba toasts made with wholemeal bread (HEB) on the side.

MAIN COURSE
Butternut risotto - with roasted butternut squash cubes, toasted pine nuts (synned) and Parmesan (HEA)
Pan fried Sea bass fillet
Sauteed green beans

DESSERT
Vanilla Panna Cotta - made with sugar free lemonade, gelatin, vanilla pods and 2% Greek yogurt stirred in. Served with stewed rhubarb

COFFEE
1 small piece dark chocolate (synned) with coffee

:D

Sounds fab!

Starter
Scallops with chorizo (2.5 syns per serving)

Main
Tuna salsa verde served with steamed green beans tossed in reserved salsa verde and new potatoes.

Dessert
Raspberry pavlova (not sure of syns but wouldn't be high using Splenda)

Chocolate mocha truffles (3 syns per truffle) to have with coffee

Starter: parma ham and melon

Main: grilled salmon, roast new potatoes and roast mediterranean vegetables (in frylight), hollandaise sauce made from Colemans packet (whole pkt is 5 syns, plus some milk so 2 syns per portion)

Deesert: Tesco mini sponge flan case (4.5 syns each), filled with mixed berries, sugar free jelly (1 syn) and topped with 0% greek yogurt mixed with vanilla and Splenda.

Coffee, Bendicks bittermint (4 syns, but lovely)

EE menu, each course has 1/3 superfree

Last edited:
Starter
Scallops with chorizo (2.5 syns per serving)

Main
Tuna salsa verde served with steamed green beans tossed in reserved salsa verde and new potatoes.

Dessert
Raspberry pavlova (not sure of syns but wouldn't be high using Splenda)

Chocolate mocha truffles (3 syns per truffle) to have with coffee

Stacey - I think you should apply to be on it, your menu is nice, I want to be a guest please!

ooo Starter: Honey and Garlic Salmon on salad
Main: Lamb Tagine in slow cooker with pasta
Pud: Rice Pudding :)

Starter - Shish Kebabs, Samosa's & Onion Bhaji's (all from the curry feast book)
Main - Chicken Tagine (from the new World of Flavours cookbook)
Dessert - SW Berry Cheesecake (the one where you put the strawberries in the cheesecake & top it with blueberries)

Back