Snacks SW Crisps - YOU MUST READ!!

Food abuse is making things from free foods that are not free. So for instance substituting flour with cous cous or chickpeas in bread or cakes for example. When using chickpeas or cous cous in this way it becomes 4.5 syns for 28g used.

If you bought a packet of baked crisps from the shop, you would need to syn them, you wouldn't just eat them and not count them and unfortunately these are no different.

So you can have them, but they should be synned as if using a potato on a red (original) day regardless of what plan you are following.

If you want the plan to work then it means following slimming worlds advice. If you start doing things against what they advise, okay it might be only one thing, but each thing accumulates and adds up, which could then put you well over your daily syns allowance and will result in no weight loss or even worse a gain.

So it is something to bear in mind.

Last edited:
A chicken oxo cube sprinkled over works well. It's a very similar flavour to walkers chicken crisps.

Can I just ask a quick question about food density. How do you know when you are changing a foods density. Why can we have free sw chips, but not crisps? I've not tried the crisps but just a little confused over the density issue and free food turning into synned food depending upon how it's cooked. Any help gladly appreciated! x

Can I just ask a quick question about food density. How do you know when you are changing a foods density. Why can we have free sw chips, but not crisps? I've not tried the crisps but just a little confused over the density issue and free food turning into synned food depending upon how it's cooked. Any help gladly appreciated! x

SW chips are part of a meal, and are much more bulky and filling. Plus you are having a 1/3 superfree foods with them, so are not likely to overindulge.

This crisps are most likely to be eaten as a snack and can easily be something to overindulge on.

Also for example of just how much you would be consuming when making some of this unfilling crisps - 1 medium sized potato is approx 163 calories.

Of course SW is not about counting calories, but at the end of the day with any kind of healthy eating plan, if you eat more than your body physically needs you will not lose weight or may even gain.

SW therefore have to set some rules and guidelines to ensure we get the best out of their plan and because these crisps are a snack someone could easily overeat without a second thought, they have to be classed as syns.

Last edited:
yummy!

I had these as dinner with chicken ham, pea & sweetcorn soup made from bovril stock, 2 ryvita's as my HEB and then had a 3 small potato's worth of crisps made with chinese 5 spice and garlic powder YUMMY! this is an ok meal right? xx :confused:

i think they are lovely too but food abuse sounds like such a funny term..... i understand the theory behind it but once in a blue moon with a meal surely wouldnt consitute as food abuse ???

I am going to ask my C about food abuse 2moro because i have never heard of it whilst doing slimming world.

I made the crisps for taster and afterwards my consultant messaged me to say they aren't free because you could eat loads where as you wouldn't eat loads of jacket potatoes etc

I have a slight problem with these!! Can't make them quick enough

I have this problem too!! lol I love them. I've tried doing a batch of them to save for later, but it never quite works out as they tend to get eaten! lol

I don't use a grater to slice mine though, I use my potato peeler.

Paula
-x-

I'm confused about how they are not free? They are potatoes with frylight - i'm not even sure how yoy'd syn it seeong as none of the ingredients have syn values on EE or Green. Could i do a red day and hexb them!?!?

Yummy - just made one medium spud worth of these - lovely, just used sea salt, my hubby sharing them so don't feel too naughty about eating them - better than reaching for something really dangerous

As long as they're not affecting your weight loss carry on and enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I did these for lunch today as I really fancied something crunchy with my soup, they are LOVELY! Only did a small potato (probably about 12 small crisps), sprinkled with garlic salt and they were part of a meal so I don't think they could be counted as food abuse!

I think I'm going to make these instead of having rice with my chilli - they are the perfect replacement for Tortilla Chips!

Back