SW fees

More money? Oh my goodness, I'm not happy about that. Aren't we already paying more than WW? And YET AGAIN we didn't get told the password this week.

I've just arranged a lift to class, so I'm saving money there...But I could also save even more money by buying good scales and doing it myself. I know the basics now and I have Miniiminnmiums. Grrrr.

I know it might be irritating that you don't feel you're getting the full service, but why not ask for the web password when you're getting your image therapy? That way it'll probably start some conversation going and you'll help everyone else out too! Otherwise, check the board that has the week's password written on.

They might as well have said it's £5 a week.
That feels like a lot of money, there are some weeks where I struggle to get the £4.50 to attend group. Saying that, atm I'm on a CD but I never usually have enough money to be able to do that

Would countdown work for someone who can't make every other meeting due to an early/late shift pattern? Or would I end up paying for the evenings I can't make it (which I don't now)?

I heard at my meeting it was going up, although my SWC didn't know what to at the time. Apparently it hasn't gone up in 5 years. It is a lot of money but considering how important it is to me to lose weight and that fact that SW is having such a positive effect on me doing that I think it is priceless and will continue to go all the same when I am off work.

As for the password, my SWC writes it in my weight log thing which is in the middle of my food optimising book. But if yours doesn't do the same I am sure you could just call or text to find out.

If you are down as a shift worker then you should be okay hun.

I love your quote about SW being priceless, you seem so positive and are really doing well on it, good on you!

Our consultant didn't say anything but I didn't stay for image therapy this week.
I suppose if it has'nt gone up in 5 years, it can be expected.
Our consultant types the password in huge type, and laminates the paper. She has one by the pay in and one by the raffle prize and still call it out. No-one can miss it.

EEEK,I pay for my low paid daughter as well !! No more raffle tickets me thinks . OK skates on now to get to target even quicker and then I won't have to pay at all x

Brightonrosie;) OK skates on now to get to target even quicker and then I won't have to pay at all x[/QUOTE said:
I like your way of thinking Brightonrosie :D

make us more determined to get to target

According to my C, WW is also going up - they're hiking to £6.50 a week.

Christ!! thats a hike and a bloody half. To be honest, going to ww is like paying to do the one thing we all hate doing. being hungry!

I think about it this way. Iv been with slimmingworld since May 2008 and i hit target august 2009. in that time i spent..
£4.25 x 63 weeks
£277.75

Now. That £277.75 would help me alot right about now. But in the long term, even though its quite a bit weekly, i'd spend £25 on takeaways a week before i started sw..

so thats £1800 in the 72 weeks i'v been with slimming world i would have spent on takeaways....

plus the couple of grand i would have spent on a gastric band in a couple of years time once i'd claimed the title of bristols fattest teenager.. cause i seriously was heading that way..

Sw is priceless. I thank my lucky stars im at target now and no longer have to pay.. but i will never complain about the price, because what iv got back is more than i could have ever had imagined, or got from the local kebab van... :eek:

i'm thinking of dropping another 7lbs for xmas, which means i'l need to start paying again, but quite frankley.. i'm gunna pay, because without sw.. i wouldnt be able to loose half a pound let alone 7.

Dont get me wrong, i appriciate its a really difficult time for everyone.. but unless you'v got a crap consultant, you can't dispute your paying to get your life back. xxx

More reason for me to be at target by Xmas then. To be honest I still think it's worth it, but if I'm not at target I shall def. be buying a countdown. Which I probably should do anyway, since I'm part of the social team, so it takes areal emergency to stop me going to class.

Just a thought for those of you approaching target - if you buy a countdown and reach Target BEFORE it expires, you will lose the balance!

Hubby and I both had 12 week countdowns, aiming to get to target by the end of it, as an incentive. We then got there (dare I say it again, with the help of Scan Bran!!!) 2 weeks earlier than we ever imagined!!!

Still, neither of us regrets that - we are now very well aware that we go to a really well organised Group, who's Consultant works hard on behalf of all of us. We both got texts this week congratulating us on our weight losses - hubby has managed (just!!!) to stay within Target range, and I'm nearly back there! (Sincere congratulations to all of you who have got to Target and managed to hang on to it, especially Jaylou, who has now done that for over a year, and constantly dispenses valuable advice to the rest of us).

I think when you add up the amount of money spent on diets and unused gym memberships and "happiness in a bottle" pills then SW is great value.

Maybe they'll put a notice in the next magazine, albeit a small one and then we will all know :)

I remember way back in March, our consultant told us that WW fees were going up and that they (the consultants) had voted that SW fees stay as they were, though she did add they they would go up at some point during this year.

At the end of the day, its a business and its there to make money, just like any other business. Your consultant doesn't get to keep all the money, they have to give a % to SW and have hall fees to pay. They don't just turn up for class, if you have a good consultant they plan the class which all takes time.....and anyone in business knows that time is money!

Personally, I think its a small price to pay for support. Whats a fiver? Not alot when you think what we used to spend on cr@p every week!

£5 is alot of money but with the help of SW im now saving money by not bingeing on alcohol, chocolate, crisps, chips, burgers, takeaways, meals out etc every week so in the long run I reckon im stil making a saving!

-£5 is alot when you think about- it doesnt go far, but it's helpful to have anyways..

But, Deep down you all know it's worth it. xx

All the prices have gone up too, the rents, the fuel and printing prices, i think it's a fair enough increase. Consultants have to eat too :p

*Note to self* Must get to Target before Xmas!

Back