SW Free smash pizza

OK... I give in. I have to try this mystical smash pizza. I feel left out now!!!! I have my WI tonight, but it's only about a mile away from a giant 24hr ASDA. I'm going to call in there after class and get myself some smash pizza ingredients!! Dammit! I'm not being left out of this pizza party!

I shall be getting ingredents for this tonight to make tomorrow cos it really dose sound lush :)

Hi All

I'm just making this, it's in the oven as I type.. looking good :D How many Syns is it for the smash base please? Free on a Green?

Hi All

I'm just making this, it's in the oven as I type.. looking good :D How many Syns is it for the smash base please? Free on a Green?
If you use the original smash its syn free hun.
Made Garlic bread last night recipe is on green day thread. xxx

Last edited:
Hi Loobylou..

I thought it was free then I looked on the SW Syns Online and it said 3 Syns on Original.. Free on Green... very confused lol

Yes its free on green and extra easy. xxx

Its blooming lovely, doesn't take long to make, just the time for the mash to cook in oven but worth it. xxx

We are having a "meet and greet" tasting session in our SW class on Mon, do you think it would be possible to make mini pizza's following the smash recipe, and eat them cold?

Tried this for an after school snack today for me and kids. Used the tesco value mash and half pack made 2 pizzas. IT WAS LOVELY. Neighbours' kids loved it too lol. Just mash, passatta and cheese - a really frugal meal :)

I love this - and my hubby does too. Couple of Ideas:

If you brush the base with beaten egg about 3-4 mins before its done it makes it firmer and stops it absorbing liquid from your tomato topping.

Get a pack of little gammon bits from tesco's, not sure what they are called but they are a bit like pancetta cubes. (I know there are free cause they are very lean but your bound to be able to get similar anywhere) and fry with a little frylight and a teaspoon each of hot smoked paprika, sweet smoked paprika and garlic granules. It tastes very similar to chorizo, is sin free on red or easy and is great for pizza topping or salad.

i am going to make this for OH this weekend, he is a bit sceptical but its worth a try! I am hungry even thinking about it!

I love the pizza , if you make a couple of bases at a time you can store extra ones in fridge or cut into squares and fry in the morning with your breakfast as hash browns, scrummy

I can't wait till the weekend to make this so i am going to head to tesco tomorrow morning and get what i need to make it for my lunch tomorrow :)

Hi everyone

You will see popping around from different forums because I can't make my mind up which diet I am on from one day to the next lol but the weight is heading in the right direction so that is all that matters. I tried the smash pizza and it didn't turn out very nice. How thick do you make the base?

Thanks

Sherby xx

Back