SW Free smash pizza

Im going to make the pizza tonight, wish me luck!

I tried this last night. Was lush need to improve my pizza base technique but still tasted yummy :) x

Thanks for this! It looks amazing! Definitely gonna stick this one in my bookmarks.

I think I'll make it for me and my boyfriend over the weekend. We both love pizza, but it isn't exactly SW friendly, and the OH is sort of following SW as I do a lot of cooking for him.

No more walking past Pizza Hut looking forlorn for us! :p

Can, I just ask, how thin are we talking for the base? In cm/mm, just so I have an idea?

Thanks!

Hi... probably about half a cm, make sure you heat your baking sheet first and spray with frylight. Enjoy xx

I made this today - OMG DELISH!!! Stupid like tho I was on EE plan and thought I could use 42g mozzarella as B choice - DOH!!! Had to syn them and making up for it tomorrow - LOL!!!
In future when making one - will split my A choice to allow 21g Mozzarella for the pizza.

When shaping base I wondered if you could use this 'pastry' mix for a meat pie case.......do you think it might work? OR as a pastry topping for a pie?

Good idea Poppy, not sure it was work as a base as may go soggy, but would be lovely for a crusty top!

Oh i might use this when i make a pie this weekend!

pizza recipe please

planning on doing pizzas for saturday (yes football night in) with wedges and salad but not sure what to do for me i am doing the EE so can use meat and veg to top will use my hexa for cheese will syn tom puree just need a nice base.

Do a search for smash pizza - it sounds bizarre but if you get the base thin enough is actually not bad at all!

I love pizza toast. Just toast 2 wholemeal bread, cover in puree and then add your toppings. Then just grill to brown. Delicious....mmmm, I am hungry now!

You could also use a wholegrain pitta bread for the base, and count it as your HEB.

Thanks all just which one to try first. :hmm:

Also you could use passata for the tomato base which means you don't have to use the syn puree has.

Thanks my pizza is just getting better and better can i wait till tomorrow? Have nothing planned for tea think i'll try it on wholemeal bread tonight got to pop out so making my list going to try syn free kfc tomorrow instead.

Smash Pizza... quick question

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I'm planning on making this pizza and I'm not sure if I need to buy a pizza tray or if a normal baking tray would do? What do you all use? xx

Ok thanks for that, I'll use the baking tray and see how I get on. I just didn't want to have to buy a pizza tray cos I'm trying to do this diet on a budget at the moment :) x

Back