SW Free smash pizza

Ohhh I just made one of these- yum!

I can see this being made a lot! Even OH said it was ok- bonus!

Claire

Daughter and I have just tried this for lunch. Must say I was a bit skeptical and daughter was even more so but . . . . it was quite yummy!

I made mini versions of these for a taster night in class... everyone loved them :D
Usually make a small one for myself and have with salad.
Definitely going to have them again when I do some green days xx

Mine in the oven as I type but just realised I didnt spray my tray. Never mind I have enough left over to try again. lol
Fingers crossed :)

Bas has come out thin and chrisy, think it might break into little its when I try and eat it, but time will tell.

Last edited:
Oh wow, have to have a go at this! What's it like cold? I can't eat egg so can't do the lovely quiche for my lunch box, was thinking if this is ok cold I could do this.

I am definitely going to be making the SW Syn Free pizza tomorrow, I fancy some pizza and I've got Smash and reduced fat cheese in, and some veggies still left from the weeks shop.

I see mushrooms, pepper, sweetcorn, chilli, tomato and red onion being my toppings of choice. Looking forward to experimenting! :D

Well, I'm tucking into my first ever attempt at making it now, it's surprisingly tasty.

I'm not a very good cook, so I was expecting it to be gross.

16ad3wi.jpg

I made this today for dinner and I'm not a huge fan. It's okay if you need that pizza fix, but unfortunately, it didn't really work for me.

I cooked it until it was crisp and dried out, but once I'd added the toppings the Smash base absorbed the passata and went smushy.
I'm not really sure how to avoid this short of completely leaving out the passata, which is where I add most of my herbs and flavors.

I think I'll just stick to my pitta-pizzas ;)

I'm assuming pita pizza is using pita bread as a HE B instead of smash as your base?
Yes, exactly this.

1 Asda or Co-op Wholemeal Pitta for HEB. Toast one side under the grill, flip and add your passata and whatever toppings you choose and grill until cheese melts. Or you can do it in the oven, just as you would with the Smash base.
Goes nice and crispy and tastes more like real pizza base, since it's actual bread.

Just made the smash pizza and it was delicious - used red pepper and red onion as the topping, along with the cheese and some herbs. Really yummy. It was supposed to be our tea, but we ate it all now! :D

Made this for dinner tonight.
Really really impressed with it!
Put mushrooms, sweetcorn, onion, tomatoes and bacon on it.
Plus cheese =)
Yummmmy.

Just made this for breakfast (there's no way I could wait till tea time!!) made with Pitta bread topped with bacon, mushroom, green pepper, tomato and 42g Mozerello cheese. Yum yum yum yum yum

Attachments

• image-587776530.jpg
    image-587776530.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 497
Had a brainwave this morning!! Toast the pitta then open up increasing the surface area for toppings!!!

Attachments

• image-986049688.jpg
    image-986049688.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 587
Stuck Base

Hi SWrs
Am trying the SW pizza for the first time and although I sprayed the tray and foil it stuck when I tried to turn it over. I am trying one on a normal baking sheet and one on a pizza tin with foil. I have my oven on 200 fan-assisted. I'm using a French brand of potato mix (95% dried potato).

Any ideas of where I went wrong? I painted on a little beaten egg just before turning to seal it.

Still, expect it will taste ok

Back