SW Free smash pizza

Ive just made a pizza for my tea and really enjoyed it! Thanks everyone for all the tips for making the base...i think I wold have made it far too thick other wise.

Another top SW recipe! (even the OH had to admit that it was better than he thought it would be! )

xx

Made a really tasty tomatoe sauce to top the Mr. Mash pizza that I made last weekend.
Fry chopped red onion, shallot and sweet red pepper, add passatta, season with a little salt, black pepper, italian herbs and garlic pepper, blitz with a hand blender and voila!

just found this thread

Been following slimming world since mid january, was wondering how to fill the space left by not eating pizza. will be giving the smash pizza a go. looking forward to trying it.

WOW I took this to class, for taster night, and it went down really well.nobody could guess what the base was made of. Thankyou so much for this receipe.. yum yum...

I made this for a taster on Thursday looks just like a real pizza and tastes amazing

Attachments

• image-1084994095.jpg
    image-1084994095.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 636
Mash Pizza

Picture1454.jpg

♥ Mash Pizza ♥

SYN FREE ON GREEN & EXTRA EASY

Ingredients:
1 Packet of Mr Mash or Asda Smart Price instant mashed potato
Frylight
Half a carton of passata
Dash of lea & perrins
Dried Basil
Half a medium red onion
Toppings of your choice
42g of low fat cheese or 57g of low fat mozzarella (Use as Healthy extra A or 6 syns)

Method:
Make up the mash with boiling water according to packet instructions. I used the Asda one and mixed it with 400ml of water. Needs to be very doughy consistency, should be able to squash into a ball the size of a tennis ball.

Spray the cake tin with frylight then press the mash down until its flat and fills the tin. Place in the oven on gas mark 5 on middle shelf and cook until just turning golden brown, then turn over and brown the other side.

Whilst the base is cooking, soften the onions in a saucepan with frylight. Then add the passata, lea & perrins & basil. Heat through.

Once base is golden on both sides take out of the oven then add the tomato sauce, cheese and toppings of your choice.
Place back in oven until cheese has melted.

Oh my goodness, that pizza looks so scrummy, I am going to have to try this recipe!!! Thank you, Jane x

Looks amazing! Will have to try it this week for a change.

I've been meaning to try this for ages. Yours looks sooooo tasty! And you have the same plates as me! It must be a sign. Think this will be tomorrows dinner!

i too was surprised how nice they actually are but i used tomato puree on mine was worth the slight syns :d i really want one now ive seen your pic, looks gorgeous x

Doing this for tea tonight, can't wait! :D x

This is my first post, but I just wanted to say, I made this tonight and it was surprisingly lovely! I tried to make the base as crispy as I could.

Even the hubs really enjoyed it and he doesn't really like mash :D

Thank you!

do I need a pizza tray, or will a standard baking tray do?

Back