SW Free smash pizza

I made the pizza tonight for tea it was fantastic. It took a while to find the instant potato in Tesco and I am glad I bought three packs because I think I will be having one again later this week.

I used oregrano in the potato and used passata, tobasco, onions, ham, low fat cheese and fresh basil:D.nom nom nom.

I'm going to try this over the weekend !! Sounds Delish and needs a taster for my group next week ;) Love to give my members lots of new ideas this site is brill for that :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hi so what topping do people use? i really like veggie pizza normally but wudnt u have to like half cook all the veg? i really need some ideas for easy to cook meals as i have 3 kids and cant be spending loads time cooking. xx

missxvamp said:
hi so what topping do people use? i really like veggie pizza normally but wudnt u have to like half cook all the veg? i really need some ideas for easy to cook meals as i have 3 kids and cant be spending loads time cooking. xx

I have feta with rocket. Quick and easy. Or caramelized onion and goats cheese. I put mixed herbs in the base too. Also tomato puree is worth the syns! X

I use quorn chicken pieces, onions, peppers and some sort of chilli. All(except chilli) can just be thrown in a pan and left to its own devices while you get on with the base etc x

Just had this. But I cooked the base in a heavy frying pan and then melted cheese under grill. Yummy. Even my fussy husband said it tasted better than he thought it was going to. High praise indeed.

sounds really nice. gotta to have it 2moro

I (being a classy bird) put baked beans on mine!! I cook some onions, peppers, mushrooms etc in a pan with some herbs and then add half a tin of baked beans and cook down so isn't too sloppy :)

pizza

We had a homemade Pizza,The base was made with Instant mash, it was great, toppings were pineapple, ham and cheese!
mix 125g of Instant mash with 1 onion sliced lengthways, 6 Basil leaves cut lengthways, 1 tsp mixed herbs with hot water, mix as a bread doe, add 1 egg.
|spray a pancake pan with 2-3 Fry Light shots and place the mix into it, flatten at thin as possible and cook for 3-6mins.
turn over and repeat.
Add passata and a few drops of worcester sauce, 1 tsp of tomato puree to a pan and heat up until thickened, spread on to base, add topping and cook on a pizza stone until cooked. Enjoy!

ooh will have to have a go at that

Made Smash pizzas with boyfriend last night. Great success!
Used passata with mixed herbs, garlic and a little black pepper and mild chilli powder for the pizza sauce and toppings were tuna and sweetcorn for him and bacon, red peppers, red onion and sweetcorn for me. (I'd have thrown in green peppers and mushroom if possible, I love loading my pizzas!) Both with HEX A of mozzarella.

I'm experimenting with the smash base to try and get it more pizza-like. Tonight, I whisked an egg, added a splash of water and used that to make my base. I always squish it out into a large frying pan and cook the base that way, I find it much easier.

Tonight's base consists of: Smash (ok, Asda smartprice instant mash), a beaten egg, onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, black pepper, salt.

Tonight's toppings: Passata, quorn swedish-style meatballs and mushrooms fried with chopped garlic, cajun spices and dried chillis, cherry tomatoes, green peppers and red onion, finished off with dried oregano and topped with a HEA serving of very finely grated mature cheddar.

I'm experimenting with the smash base to try and get it more pizza-like. Tonight, I whisked an egg, added a splash of water and used that to make my base. I always squish it out into a large frying pan and cook the base that way, I find it much easier.

Tonight's base consists of: Smash (ok, Asda smartprice instant mash), a beaten egg, onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, black pepper, salt.

Tonight's toppings: Passata, quorn swedish-style meatballs and mushrooms fried with chopped garlic, cajun spices and dried chillis, cherry tomatoes, green peppers and red onion, finished off with dried oregano and topped with a HEA serving of very finely grated mature cheddar.

what was the base like?? was it more pizza base like??

xx

The base didn't taste much different, but the texture of it was miles better. I'm going to add a beaten egg to it every time now.

Cool, did it roll out etc much better??

Sorry for bugging you but I love the smash pizza, but sometimes the base is slightly too smashy, or too crumbly

x

Cool, did it roll out etc much better??

Sorry for bugging you but I love the smash pizza, but sometimes the base is slightly too smashy, or too crumbly

x

I have made the smash pizza four times now and it never tastes smashy. I don't roll it out I spray the tray with frylight then flatten the smash with my hands until really thin like 2mm ish. Cook one side gently turn over and cook then other then top it and back in the oven. The edges go very crispy but it tastes like a proper pizza base

haha.. me and my partner are very amused by that item of smash pizza! tempted to try it!! sounds lush!

Back