SW Free smash pizza

Instant mash Pizza

made two versions yesterday, one cooked on an oven mat and the other on a Pizza Stone. Both were cooked as a base only for 10 mins then removed and the topping put on it,then cooked for a further 30 mins.
1=Thin base cooked on oven mat
2= Thicker base cooked on Pizza Stone
3=Finished pizza cooked on a pizza stone
4=Finished pizza cooked on a oven mat
Conclusion: pizza cooked on oven mat was crispier that the one cooked on the pizza stone and was easier to use.
Oven mat = £1-00 poundland

Attachments

• Pizza5-1.JPG
    Pizza5-1.JPG
    248.5 KB · Views: 192
  • Pizza 5-2.JPG
    Pizza 5-2.JPG
    278.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Pizza 5-3.JPG
    Pizza 5-3.JPG
    259.9 KB · Views: 215
  • Pizza 5-4.JPG
    Pizza 5-4.JPG
    255 KB · Views: 307
i tried making these... 1 this base & 1 thick one. used home made syn free sauce and veges topping

well to be honest they both tasted awful.... but the thin base was bearable bcz it cooked crispier....maybe i am doing something wrong!!

We had a homemade Pizza,The base was made with Instant mash, it was great, toppings were pineapple, ham and cheese!
mix 125g of Instant mash with 1 onion sliced lengthways, 6 Basil leaves cut lengthways, 1 tsp mixed herbs with hot water, mix as a bread doe, add 1 egg.
|spray a pancake pan with 2-3 Fry Light shots and place the mix into it, flatten at thin as possible and cook for 3-6mins.
turn over and repeat.
Add passata and a few drops of worcester sauce, 1 tsp of tomato puree to a pan and heat up until thickened, spread on to base, add topping and cook on a pizza stone until cooked. Enjoy!

these additions to the base are a fab idea... will def try them!

tried this today yummy OH even ate it made ham and mushroom will defo try garlic bread may even use watered butterbud to make a garlic butter for top with cheese as son does not eat tomato

So I made this a few weeks before I was able to post pictures (not enough posts!)
I loved this its so tasty. Not like a normal pizza but still really good and not at all like 'diet' food! I'm going to attempt to post the pics but chances are I'll do something wrong lol!

Attachments

• IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 205
Well I tried this tonight and it took an eternity for the first side to go crispy, even at 230 degrees lol.

Once it did tho, the second side crisped up in 10 mins, I let it cool, then added my toppings and grilled it.

Was ace! :D

I like the idea of adding an egg tho. Think I'll try that next time.

Keep up the good suggestions, folks :D

ooh, looking for new ideas, and this sounds great...going to try tomorrow,and see what we see :D

I tried this for tea- I think I need to aim thinner and much crispier!!! But it was nice- tastes like more!!!:) As op said it seemed to take a long time to crisp up - and I had oven at max.....it was worth the wait.
Has anybody cooked more than 1 base at a time and stored it in fridge or freezer????

Tried this during the week, it was so yum, better than take away, thanks

ooh, Im trying this NOW!!!

Well I've just made 2 massive smash pizza's. One for me and one for my hubbie.
Was very doubtful, but.....OMG it was lush.
I'd make them smaller next time and add hebs and garlic to the base (I just used Sainsbury's basics)
It's gonna be my Sat night 'treat' :cool:

I just made this and it was flippin yummy! I made the kebab yesterday so used it as a topping on my pizza!
To the mash i added salt, pepper, italian herbs and the egg and made 1 thicker than the other. The thinner one tasted best (less potatoey). Oven cooked at 230 (fan assisted oven) 10-turn-10-top-7
Wish I cld post some pictures but apparently I'm too new. Will post one day soon...
I love this forum :0)

Back