SW Free smash pizza

And there's more!.......................

Pete’s Pizza from Instant Mash 4
Pineapple & Ham

Serves 4

Ingredients

Use 125g from a pack of Sainsbury Instant Mash (250g)
One Tsp of mixed herbs.
1 onion chopped lengthways
6 Basil leaves

Method

Mix together then add hot water until the mix is like bread doe.
Add 1 egg and mix.

Spray a Flat Pan with 3-4 Fry Light shots, wipe across pan.
Press the mix into the pan and cover in Clingfilm, rolling out with a rolling pin as thin as possible, remove Clingfilm.

Cook one side until light brown then using a large dinner plate warmed up and slightly wetted, place on top of pizza base and turn over, add 2-3 Fry Lights then return the pizza base to the pan and cook other side 3-6 mins depends on thickness.
When cooked to the correct colour, leave on pan and add tomato base.

Put Passata in a pan enough to cover Pizza base, add 1 TSP Tomato Puree and a few drops of “Worcester Sauce”, heat till thickened but DO NOT BOIL.
Coat the Pizza base with the Passata

Add One slice of Lean thin sliced ham, cut into small strips, also cover with small pineapple wedges and use 4 of your allowance of Extra Light Laughing Cow wedges broken up and spread around the pineapples.

If the base is stuck to the pan then reheat and you will find that it will be easier to slide to your oven stone.

Place on Pre Heated Pizza Stone at 180/190 and cook until the cheese is bubbling.

Eat with Salad.

If you want better cheese then use 40g of Mozzarella cheese balls and 28g of low fat Cheddar grated on. But it will increase the Syn value!

Attachments

• Pizza-4-1.JPG
    Pizza-4-1.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 622
  • Pizza-4-2.JPG
    Pizza-4-2.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 634
  • Pizza-4-3.JPG
    Pizza-4-3.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 374
im making smash pizza tonight as its my weekend treat!... but just wondered bilsat how come you put egg in your potato mix ive not done this before does it do somthing to the base???

I added it once, I personally didn't feel it made any noteble difference to the consistency but did make it taste very eggy to me, so I stopped adding it.

x

I used an egg to try to bind the mix together to make it more manageable as my first ones were coming apart when moving to the baking stone! I found that using a pancake pan I could make a thin base and then handle it to move to the oven!. Good luck and I hope you enjoy it, if you find a better way to make it let us all know......
Pete

I was looking forward to this all day and was really disappointed! It was tiny and just didnt taste like pizza at all. Dont think i will do it again! Been trying lots of sw recipes and they have all been lovely so this is definitely going in the discarded pile!

I know what you mean! I hate all these fakeaway foods made from smash - it just tastes like artificial stodge. I need the taste of fresh foods.

Nickee.
I don't understand why yours was tiny? whenever I have made it it is at least a 12" one, did you make the base as thin as possible if not then it will be stoggy as after all it's "mash". I agree that it's not a "real pizza" but that's the idea as a real pizza is so high in syns..........

I have just made a divine Smash pizza.

I used 57g Philadelphia (a) + 1 0z cheddar (b) 1 T tomato puree (1 syn).

Made the mash and put in most of a beaten egg with some italian herb seasoning. Baked as per usual. Then brushed over left over egg to seal uncooked side. Cooked.

Then added the toppings, the Philly, tom puree and mushrooms and sprinkled the cheddar over.

Very nice indeed. Yes it does taste of potato but potato is not dough and never will be. Very good subsitute though and I enjoyed the Faux experience! :)

mine is in the oven now but my base hasn't gone crispy so im gonna have to eat it with a knife & fork in little bits haha x

My efforts...

Attachments

• image-4063613456.jpg
    image-4063613456.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 305
  • image-3035731795.jpg
    image-3035731795.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 256
Just had this for tea and it was brill! I need to make it thinner in the middle but the edges were crispy. Couldn't hold it though, had to use the good old knife and fork, but well worth it. I'm going to have a practice to make two smaller and thinner ones.

Back