SW Free smash pizza

Thanks yoyonomore2012, its mainly due to the fact its not fresh, I try and not eat packet food at all, but really wana make this, so may have to just add some flour into the potato to make a flour pastry type thing? then syn it x

wow this sounds great can't wait to make it!!

Trust me fattogo, you dont need flour to make it pastry like lol Just use a little less than half the water , like 2 tbs at a time then mix in , another 2 then mix in , add another drop of water etc i am only saying to do it like this so that you can see it and judge it to when it gets to the clumpy stage.You will see that you can pick it up in your hand and form a ball , it is like dough. I see what you are saying with regards to not eating packet food but to be honest i only have it at least once a week and and not much of it , so i am happy with that . :0)

Thanks yoyonomore2012, its mainly due to the fact its not fresh, I try and not eat packet food at all, but really wana make this, so may have to just add some flour into the potato to make a flour pastry type thing? then syn it x

I try to avoid packet food too. I made the pizza with fresh potatoes and it was lovely. If I had not made it myself, I would have not known the base was made of potatoes. Please see my dairy if you are interested in the recipe.

So I made the base, well its in the oven, was wondering, would it work to use potato flour and water, make that into a dough and bake same way? Would potato flour be free, its just dried potato made into flour. x

no, technically potato flour isn't free (no kind of flour is) but to be honest, it probably wouldn't hurt x

Rosielea , i will check your diary out too :0) . Fattogo , you can try Mr Mash it is 99% real potato , it say on the packet .

going to try this with mr mash today!! will let you know what i think! hope your week is going well everyone! x

I did this with mr mash was lovely! but u have to make sure its really really thin as i once made it too thick n i cdnt eat it!

But not too thin as it will burn easily and break x I think i might have this on Sunday.

I try to avoid packet food too. I made the pizza with fresh potatoes and it was lovely. If I had not made it myself, I would have not known the base was made of potatoes. Please see my dairy if you are interested in the recipe.
just looking for recipe now...is it the one where you crack the egg in the mash? im not overly keen on using packet foods either, hence my initial query over 'smash pizza' lol, i didnt realise it was packet mash!! i havent seen that in years!

I dont crack an egg in mine and it works perfectly .
I understand the hesitance about the smash or mr mash.
I can't stomach it other than maing smas pizza and i use the morrisons cheese and onion for the cheese scones

I dont crack an egg in mine and it works perfectly .
I understand the hesitance about the smash or mr mash.
I can't stomach it other than maing smas pizza and i use the morrisons cheese and onion for the cheese scones

oooh that sounds interesting, recipe please? thanks

what sort of quantities am i looking at for a]pizza and b]scones?

thanks in advance

oooh that sounds interesting, recipe please? thanks

what sort of quantities am i looking at for a]pizza and b]scones?

thanks in advance

Well i do mine to eye now.

So get your smash or mr mash pour about 30g into a bowl this is the serving they say reps 1 serving . I add lots of dried basil to the dry mash.
Then it says add 150ml of boiling water . Well the trick is to add half or less of that ammount.
So i do double or treble of 30g which is 60 or 90 grams. Add the dried basil. Then add 150ml of boiling water or 225ml ( instead of 300ml or 450ml) . But dont pour all at once just so that you can mix it and judge it. It cant be sloopy. It has to be like dough when you grab it in your hand. If it splits or too dry looking add water if its too wet add more smash. Add a a squirt or two of frylight. And grab in your hand and make a semi ball.
Put on frylighted foil and press down and try to push out/ spread out the dough with your hand/fingers.
Do not make the base too thin otherwise it will burn. But not to thick either. No less than 4mm thick i would say.
You can try and roll out the dough a little more with a rolling pin if you want.
Spray with frylight and stick in oven and check until it is lightly golden brown ( 10 - 15 mins ) . Then turn over once done and cook the other side .
Once both sides are down , take out and cool.

Make sure you put on your tomato sauce on cold . Not hot and not warm. That way the base doesn't get soggy.

Phew , hope this helps and is not too confusing :0)

oops i used 1 sachet..:eek: but i didnt eat it all!!!:rolleyes: it did make a biggish pizza though...how big was yours?

hmmm sounds like i need practice!! ah well mine was nice, i did cook the base for about 10 mins then put the toppings on but i used cold water to mix it with...i was confused about the portion sizes [story of my life!] but thanks, i will know for next time!!

Pete’s Pizza (Revisited)

Serves 2

Ingredients

125g Instant mash (ff)
1 Red onion, sliced thinly (s) (sff)
1tbsp dried chives
1tbsp basil
Shake of garlic salt
Shake of black pepper

Toppings

45g Mozzarella cheese (1Hea) or 7syns for 50g
45g Reduced fat Cheddar (1Hea) or 7syns for 50g
6 slices Chorizo sausage (0.5syn each slice)
6 tbsp. passata (s) (sff)
1tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. tomato puree
Pineapple slices (s) (sff) (0.5syn)

Method

Cook the onion until soft & set aside.
Make up the instant mash as per the packet instructions, add the onion & seasoning, mix well, leave for a few minutes, and adjust the mix until it is “dough” like. On a clean, flat surface place the mix, cover in Clingfilm & rollout until about 5-8mm thick, remove the Clingfilm and using a bowl the same size as your small frying pan cut around, continue until you have used up the mix, reworking any left over.
In a small frying pan, cook each one until lightly browned and free in the frying pan to move, turnover and repeat, remove and leave on a cake rack to cool.
Mix the Passata, Worcester sauce, balsamic vinegar & tomato puree together, then coat each base, add the cheddar, shared between all of them, add your topping, then finish with Mozzarella. Preheat the oven to 200C and cook for 20-30 mins until the cheese has melted but not burnt!

Mini Pizza (Small).JPGMini Pizza-2 (Small).JPGMini Pizza-3 (Small).JPGMini Pizza-4 (Small).JPGMini Pizza-5 (Small).JPG

Back