SW Free smash pizza

Was really yummy! Needs a bit of tweaking, but really good dish, love it

Attachments

• image-3635110789.jpg
    image-3635110789.jpg
    561.4 KB · Views: 145
Just a follow up but as advised by my consultant - Smash Pizzas are not free - they have to be synned as a Red Day. Reason being your using the smash as a pizza base so tweaking its use. Just thought id mention x

Just a follow up but as advised by my consultant - Smash Pizzas are not free - they have to be synned as a Red Day. Reason being your using the smash as a pizza base so tweaking its use. Just thought id mention x

I think most ppl no this but choose 2 ignore it. Same with scan bran cakes, it gets used as HEx but in reality it should b synned as not usin 4 intended purpose. If u do this & lose weight i dont c a problem :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Ive done it myself for onion rings etc - and of course there isnt a problem if people are losing - but sometimes there are newer users/members who may wish to be 100% on plan and they may wonder why there losses arent so great. So it wasn't meant as a nit pick just advising from my own personal information :)

When I started to make Instant mash Pizza's the bases were free except for "Smash" which had to be synned, so when was it changed? I except that you cook the mixed mash to brown it but it's very petty to try to syn it after! (my opinion).....

Mrs Wilson is that ur cheety cat in ur avatar? Looks like my bambam. She is more split faced but apart from that :)

Mrs Wilson is that ur cheety cat in ur avatar? Looks like my bambam. She is more split faced but apart from that :)

yes that is my baby Coco :)
xxx

Just my 2p but I'm hating this whole intended purpose crap. It seems to have materialised from nowhere. If I sat and ate smash all day but covered it in Passata and healthy extra cheese then it's free. Baked it in the oven and I have to syn it:confused: that makes no sense whatsoever. I'm not trying to get at anyone here who has highlighted this fact, after all, knowledge is power, it just irks me that it exists lol.

When I make these, I use half the water it says to, which does take a lot of mixing, then I roll it out to about 1/2 cm and use cookie cutters to make mini pizzas. They don't take as long to crisp up, and you don't get the odd middle. Then I use Passata, with about a tsp of oregano, and a tsp of basil. Tastes just like pizza sauce. Xx

My Attempt At "Smash Pizza" With Photos

Hi All

After a lot of talk about "Smash Pizza" I decided to give it a try last night for the first time in a few years. I know there is also a lot of debate as to whether it should be syn free or not but me being the Slimming World angel that I am I made sure I synned it ;)

I used half a pack of Smash so I synned it up as 15 syns!

So here is how I made mine:

88g dry weight of Smash Original the new improved recipe
300ml of hot water
40g low fat cheese, grated
tomato purée
Chopped red onion
Frylight

Method:
Preheat the oven at gas mark 8. Mix up the Smash with 300ml of hot water stirring well until it makes a nice doughy like mixture.
Once it has cooled down spray a round baking tin with Frylight then put the dough into the tin spreading evenly to make a pizza base.
Spray the top with abit of Frylight so it can brown well. Put in the oven on the middle shelf for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

This is how it should look after browning:

1871AB98-1DE0-4262-B665-0C9F8DD18BA2-18676-000014709BA081C4.jpg

Now spread the tomato purée to the edges of the pizza, then top with your cheese & red onion. It should then look a little something like this:

5B5ED337-73A6-43D5-9276-2150FFEE76F3-18676-00001470A9A60A13.jpg

Put back in the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling & here is how mine looked once ready. Mmmmmmm I am so ready to tuck into this now!

024FFE4C-39AC-4A34-8CDB-EDEB1AEC65C4-18676-00001470B46B9B22.jpg

Cut into four slices & serve with homemade chips & salad then tuck in & enjoy.

The pizza was great & would love to try it again with other syn free toppings!

Love Stacey xxxx

CA98DEBC-B6DC-40AC-BC92-D11C81B215FF-18676-00001470BED2BA31.jpg

5C3ADA61-789C-4CD7-B118-47ED3F40FA49-18676-00001470C875EB60.jpg

Last edited:
Looks delicious, it is one recipe I've always seen but never tried. Can you taste the smash? I know it sounds silly but I once made the cheese scones but didn't like them as I just don't like the taste of smash!!

I love red onion on pizza though, looks so delicious and such a treat while still being sw friendly :-D

Looks delicious, it is one recipe I've always seen but never tried. Can you taste the smash? I know it sounds silly but I once made the cheese scones but didn't like them as I just don't like the taste of smash!!

I love red onion on pizza though, looks so delicious and such a treat while still being sw friendly :-D

I really enjoyed it, my pizza base was quite thick so it tasted quite crispy on the outside & fluffy on the inside.
i reckon you could mix something in with the smash before you make the base, maybe abit of garlic or herbs or something or even cheese to take the taste of the smash away.
Or if you prefer a thinner base you could probably make two pizzas.
I wanted to post pics and my method of cooking it as I know a few people have had disasters trying to make it so thought this thread would help.

Next time I might even try making it using BBQ sauce on the base instead of tomato. xxxx

That looks so yummy. I'm going to try this next week! :)

Back