SW Free smash pizza

Firstly, can I just chip on on the eggs issue you just mentioned?

The fact that eggs cause high cholesterol is actually a myth! Due to research carried out in the nineties (I think it was the 90's..) and the results misconstrued in the media. The cholesterol in eggs is different to humans and can not be transferred - they're completely fine to eat!

Next.. regarding the whole Smash pizza debate.. I think it's quite easy to work this one out logically. Think about what you are eating - is it adding more to your plate? Are you having chips with your pizza? Would you usually eat a whole packet of Smash in a cottage pie and then add the same amount of chips you're going to eat with the pizza? If your quantities are still all the same, your plate is still a third superfree and you're satisfied equally (or more) then no harm is being done really is it?!

My tuppence, although this is just fuel for the fire I guess... always drink a glass of water with your pizza (or before it) as liquid, when in the stomach, tells the brain it is fuller for longer. I imagine that because you're using a lot less water to make the mash, you're going to get hungry quicker afterwards.

i cant wait to try this, im defo giving it a try this week!, You do have to syn it though do you?

What is it in smash that makes this work? I avoid stuff like smash like the plague, could you make it with normal mash potato? (I don't put anything in mine, just spuds?)

What are the actual syns of smash then - it says its up for debate...sorry for ignorance but I've never touched smash and am wondering whats in it to make it so high in syns?

how do you add the slimming world stickers please?

I made mini Smash pizzas last weekend to take to a friends for a night in, i topped with cheese, red onion, peppers, mushroom and ham, was yummy but the bases were a little hard. I baked each side for 15 mins like recipe said - do u just think they need less time in oven or perhaps more water in the base mix??

I saw this thread this morning and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it all day!! Looks so good...guess who's off to the shops to get supplies as soon as I get home :D

I love smash pizza! I haven't read the whole post, so I don't know if this has been said before, but I always make my base with an egg and a very small amount of water to make a dough, plus seasoning (dried herbs, mustard s&p etc). I use the Tesco 20p bags of smash. They are 120g. The egg kind of binds it and makes the dough easier to work IMHO.

I'm going to have to try this when my hubby's out for the evening

Think I am gonna make this at the weekend or even tomorrow and see how it turns out

let me get this right smash pizza is free is you say eat it with slimming world chips and say salad but if you eat it by itself then it has to be synned

I cant wait to make this! I don't think my partner is so up for it though!

Yum yum! Cant wait to make this! :)

Back