SW Free smash pizza

All target members at group have at least one meal of smash pizza a week ( not counting it as any Syns !) C included and as she says if your eating pizza and salad and as a meal it's ok as we all lost if your weight loss has halted or slowed then were back to the portion thing again I personally think the pizza thing is ok as a meal but cake/ crisps are snacks which should all be SF or synned !

making this for tea and i wont be synning it. im a newbie and after reading over everyones arguements about shuld or shuldnt it be synned ive come to the conclusion that for me if its a free food and im not over eating with it then im not going to syn it now if i had it with a mountain full of chips then that would be different. Surely as a previous poster said we use smash (i dont personally) for topping on cottage pie and put that in the oven so whats the difference really xx

omg this was absolutely lovely i am stuffed and i just had the pizza and a few mushrooms cooked in garlic on the side i will def be having this on a saturday night now, even my hubby enjoyed it and he doesnt like smash. yay i dont have to miss pizza night x

I can't bring myself to make this.....I think i'd rather spend the syns.
The photos look good tho, it does make me want pizza :D

I can't bring myself to make this.....I think i'd rather spend the syns.
The photos look good tho, it does make me want pizza :D

you def should try it i was dubious but it was so yummy and you really dont need to syn it unless you have it with chips and other stuff but on its own or with salad its fine x

We made this pizza at the weekend knowing it was a tweak and not quite syn free but it didn't matter. It was horrendous and vile!

Will not be attempting this again, serves me right really.

scones

Lisa-Lisa you mention you make poatoe scones with smash can you please give me the recipe and do you freeze them thanks.

Hi All

After a lot of talk about "Smash Pizza" I decided to give it a try last night for the first time in a few years. I know there is also a lot of debate as to whether it should be syn free or not but me being the Slimming World angel that I am I made sure I synned it ;)

I used half a pack of Smash so I synned it up as 15 syns!

So here is how I made mine:

88g dry weight of Smash Original the new improved recipe
300ml of hot water
40g low fat cheese, grated
tomato purée
Chopped red onion
Frylight

Method:
Preheat the oven at gas mark 8. Mix up the Smash with 300ml of hot water stirring well until it makes a nice doughy like mixture.
Once it has cooled down spray a round baking tin with Frylight then put the dough into the tin spreading evenly to make a pizza base.
Spray the top with abit of Frylight so it can brown well. Put in the oven on the middle shelf for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

This is how it should look after browning:

1871AB98-1DE0-4262-B665-0C9F8DD18BA2-18676-000014709BA081C4.jpg

Now spread the tomato purée to the edges of the pizza, then top with your cheese & red onion. It should then look a little something like this:

5B5ED337-73A6-43D5-9276-2150FFEE76F3-18676-00001470A9A60A13.jpg

Put back in the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling & here is how mine looked once ready. Mmmmmmm I am so ready to tuck into this now!

024FFE4C-39AC-4A34-8CDB-EDEB1AEC65C4-18676-00001470B46B9B22.jpg

Cut into four slices & serve with homemade chips & salad then tuck in & enjoy.

The pizza was great & would love to try it again with other syn free toppings!

Love Stacey xxxx

CA98DEBC-B6DC-40AC-BC92-D11C81B215FF-18676-00001470BED2BA31.jpg

5C3ADA61-789C-4CD7-B118-47ED3F40FA49-18676-00001470C875EB60.jpg

Looks totally amazing!!

I tried this, made 30g up with instructed water, left it to cool over night but it was still mushy and didnt work :(

From the SW website:

2. Are couscous cake, Smash pizzas and lasagne-sheet ‘Doritos’ Free?

You might be disappointed to hear that they’re not. Because changing the use of a food can make it easier to over-eat, to protect your weight loss they become Synned.

When foods like pasta, rice and grains are used in their original form they’re low in energy density (calories), bulky, appetite-satisfying foods. Pasta, couscous and rice are usually the main ingredient in a meal packed with other Free Foods – giving it sufficient bulk to be satisfying as a meal in itself. However, when ground down, used as flour (like in couscous cake), used as a sauce thickener (like Smash), seasoned crisps (like Doritos) or puréed (like smoothies) they’re often used as additions to a main meal… and on top of your day’s Syns. It is a very effective way of adding a lot of extra calories in a non-bulky way, and as such would then be counted as Syns

Yes. Just had an email back from SW online and they say it should definitely be synned when used as a meal. It said to Syn it as if eating Smash on a Red day. Sorry folks! : (

My consultant mentioned this the other week too - need to syn it.

Start weight: 17st 7lbs
Week 1 -4lbs
Week 2 -2lbs
Week 3 -1.5lbs
Current weight: 16st 13.5lb
Total loss: 7.5lbs

Back