SW Free smash pizza

Depends how much smash you use - it would be synned at 4.5 syns per 25g powdered mash, which is the same as flour so you would be as well just using the real thing xx

Saw this on the sw website the other day. Looked awesome.

I made one the other night and it was lovely, I only used 60g of instant mash and rolled it quite thin. Had it with a salad and my hubby was a little jealous!

Struggling today and really feel like I want something naughty. This sounds like it might hit the spot so will give it a go :)

Hello everyone, first post after a loooooonnnnnng time reading and stealing ideas. Firstly, the scones with smash and cottage cheese as dough? The pea and bean curry? Loved them. Anyhow.... reading almost all of your 'crispy base, falls apart, not cooked in the middle' issues with the pizza leads me to ask a question.

Has anyone made the pizza base as if they were making the SW scones? That's the mixture of smash and (280g) blended cottage cheese, mixed to make dough as with scones but rolled or flattened to make the pizza instead.

I'm off downstairs to the shops to buy the stuff to do the pizza this way, if anyone is interested I will leave a 'results' post. My attempt at SW pizza was horrific, for many of the same reasons already stated elsewhere on this thread. I think this might just work though.

Glad to be here,
Hugs

Simon

Last edited:
How about this then?

Pete’s Low Syn Pizza’s (2013)

Serves 1

Ingredients

1 Warburton’s soft brown sandwich “thin” (5 syn /2= 2.5 syn per ½ slice)
1tsp Oregano
1tbsp Tomato puree (s) (sff)
30g Strong cheddar, grated (1Hea)
400g Chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)

Method

In a small saucepan cook the tomatoes on a high heat to boil down the liquid, add the tomato puree, reduce to a smooth constancy, set aside.
Pre-heat the oven to 200C, use a pizza stone if you have one.
Using a shallow flat pan, brown both sides of the “thins” remove, coat with the tomatoes, sprinkle with the cheese, place in the oven for 10 mins, remove & enjoy!

Warburtons Pizza (Small).JPG

Ok I made the smash dough as per sw scone recipe, ie with eggs cottage cheese and smash. It turned out nice and deep panny (yes that's a technical term). I made it before reading that it's to actually be syned so that news has kinda taken the twinkle out of my toes a bit. The above recipe side steps the smash faffing and is less syns than smash as flour substitute (no idea, is it) so I would do that one.

Pete’s Pizza (Revisited)
Serves 2
Ingredients
125g Instant mash (ff)
1 Red onion, sliced thinly (s) (sff)
1tbsp dried chives
1tbsp basil
Shake of garlic salt
Shake of black pepper

Toppings
45g Mozzarella cheese (1Hea) or 7syns for 50g
45g Reduced fat Cheddar (1Hea) or 7syns for 50g
6 slices Chorizo sausage (0.5syn each slice)
6 tbsp. passata (s) (sff)
1tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. tomato puree
Pineapple slices (s) (sff) (0.5syn)

Method
Cook the onion until soft & set aside.
Make up the instant mash as per the packet instructions, add the onion & seasoning, mix well, leave for a few minutes, and adjust the mix until it is “dough” like. On a clean, flat surface place the mix, cover in Clingfilm & rollout until about 5-8mm thick, remove the Clingfilm and using a bowl the same size as your small frying pan cut around, continue until you have used up the mix, reworking any left over.
In a small frying pan, cook each one until lightly browned and free in the frying pan to move, turnover and repeat, remove and leave on a cake rack to cool.
Mix the Passata, Worcester sauce, balsamic vinegar & tomato puree together, then coat each base, add the cheddar, shared between all of them, add your topping, then finish with Mozzarella. Preheat the oven to 200C and cook for 20-30 mins until the cheese has melted but not burnt!

Mini Pizza (Small).JPGMini Pizza-2 (Small).JPGMini Pizza-3 (Small).JPGMini Pizza-4 (Small).JPGMini Pizza-5 (Small).JPG

Back