SW Free smash pizza

Sophs

SW Angels founder member
The syn free pizza

I was going to have a go at making that pizza today, but will use the smash version. Anyway was wondering, is it a slice thats free or all of it?

Hi Sophs
Surely the whole thing? If you can eat as much smash as you like on a green day then......

Well surely if a slice is free the whole thing is - other wise a slice would have to have a syn value for the whole thing to have one.... does that make sense?! xxx

enjoy it - I made one earlier this week and had to fight the family to get at it as it was very nice! Make sure you get the smash really thin, and well cooked before adding the toppings!

yep - daily allowance of cheese only - or syn it! I sprinkled over a little parmesan before adding some extra strong cheddar (x 2 'a' choices) and using x 2 'b' choices of bacon. So minimal syns there for the parmesan - I also used Tomotoe Puree which needs to be syned - 0.5 for a level tbspn - I spread it really thinly so did not use too much. I put onions, peppers and sliced tomotoes on the top, along with mixed herbs and some garlic granules. Also added garlic granules to the pototoe mix before cooking.

apparently tomato puree is now free! i always thought it was sinned but my consultant says it changed and is free!

the whole pizza is 100% freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee as long as you count the cheese as healthy extras :D enjoY!

I was wondering about the tom puree glad its free.

I am going to make a veg pizza tonight :D

can someone post the recipe please? sounds nice

Hi

This is what i did!

made up a packet of smash using slightly less water than it says on the packet so it is a big thick lump of mash! let it cool a bit - or totally depending if you can wait. Spray fry light on a baking tray (I have baking stone so use that) - put smash on the tray and use hands to push the potatoe into a thin base. Bake until top crispy then turn over and do the other side as well - then add toppings as on previous posts.

Then Eat and Enjoy!!!!

ooh yes - got for a big one! You may be surprised on how delicious it actually is and want more. I make up a large pack - eat about half the pizza then pick at the rest if the family haven't beaten me to it!

I decided to make a smaller one in the end.
It's just about ready, so I am off to try it out :D

Roll the base out really REALLY thinly. I have learnt my lesson with that before!

Hmmm it was ok, but still potatoee in the middle. It was thin enough. but don't think I let it harden up enough in the centre.

Just making hubs one now, and this one looks nicer :D

FREE PIZZA RECIPE
  • 1 x bag of SMASH (apparently the cheaper the make the better)
  • tomato puree
  • any cheese(s) from health extras
  • oregano and basil
  • any toppings such as onion, mushroom, sweetcorn, even quorn fajita strips!
  1. pre-heat the oven and put a pizza tray in to warm up.
  2. put SMASH into a bowl and slowly add water - make it as thick as possible...could always add some herbs to the base or some garlic.
  3. take pizza tray out of oven and spray with fry-light.
  4. using your hands spread SMASH out onto the pizza tray, but don't press down too hard....try and get it around 4mm.
  5. put in the oven for 7-10 minutes
  6. take out of oven, turn SMASH base over and put back in over for a further 7-10 minutes to crisp the other side.
  7. remove from oven and leave to cool.
  8. bung all other ingrediants on and finish off under the grill until the cheese melts.
  9. eat the whole bloody thing to yourself! :eatdrink012:

I think next time I make one I will put it on a lower heat for alot longer becaquse both of them collapsed in the middle. Hubby loved it though :D

yep - daily allowance of cheese only - or syn it! I sprinkled over a little parmesan before adding some extra strong cheddar (x 2 'a' choices) and using x 2 'b' choices of bacon. So minimal syns there for the parmesan - I also used Tomotoe Puree which needs to be syned - 0.5 for a level tbspn - I spread it really thinly so did not use too much. I put onions, peppers and sliced tomotoes on the top, along with mixed herbs and some garlic granules. Also added garlic granules to the pototoe mix before cooking.
Wow, that sounds delicious! I like the Cheese & Onion Smash - I wonder if that would work for the pizza. I might try it later.

don't think the cheese and onion smash would be free of syns - I will look it up for you....

Back