SW Frozen Meals - Roasted Vegetable Pasta

lt52

Silver Member
Ok so it's been a while since i've had a SW frozen meal.... next on my list i managed to get was the Roasted Vegetable Pasta.

I enjoyed it more than i thought - i'm not veggie so this one was a bit of an out there one for me. The sauce much like others was runny and watery... if i look past that its just tomato water, veggies and pasta. There was something missing for me, i wanted some pieces of chicken or something else to it. All i ended up doing was melting some cheese on it.

Having said all that i did enjoy it over all. I wonder if i could manage to throw something similar together though. Maybe this is something to have split with someone else and a protein i guess. But to me that is quite expensive to have to faff about with and add more too... maybe i'm just cheap lol

What else have people found with this?

Lee

DSC_0010.jpg DSC_0015.JPG

I thought it was truly awful lol. Watery, hardly any veg and what there was, was mushy, a totally tasteless tomato sauce. And it took longer to microwave than it would have taken to rustle up some pasta and a decent sauce. Very poor value for money too considering how much meat you get in the other meals

I thought it was truly awful lol. Watery, hardly any veg and what there was, was mushy, a totally tasteless tomato sauce. And it took longer to microwave than it would have taken to rustle up some pasta and a decent sauce. Very poor value for money too considering how much meat you get in the other meals

I agree on the value thing, i'm wondering if i had low expectations and that's why i'm come away thinking not bad lol. It was ok but something was missing. My cooking skills are quite poor so i probably could make a watery mess easily lol

Yeah, to be honest its not one I would want to try as it probably takes as much time to boil some pasta and knock up a tomato based sauce as it does to microwave the dish!
I know you say you can' cook It52 but I challenge you to make this....honestly, its so simple! ;)

Potentially i could manage this, a tomato-ey watery pasta mess i could probably manage lol. I did saw i would try them all (apart from the salmon cuz that's minging!!!) so this one shall lay to rest, not sure i'd pick this up again. I have got the curry again - only because i can't make one from scratch - that is an extension waaaay to much for me and my cooking skills lol!

Lee

I had the vegetable pasta tonight as it was the only one they had left in Iceland on my way home. Firstly I forgot to actually turn the oven on, so instead of taking 40 minutes it took over an hour because I didn't realise for half an hour that the oven wasn't on properly! It was watery, and I'm not really a fan of roasted veg, especially courgette. I ate the pasta and left the rest.

I was disappointed because I had the chicken tikka one the other day, and my mum had the chicken in a tomato and herb sauce and we were surprised at how much meat was in them and they were very tasty!

Has anyone tried the meatball one or any others? X

I had the vegetable pasta tonight as it was the only one they had left in Iceland on my way home. Firstly I forgot to actually turn the oven on, so instead of taking 40 minutes it took over an hour because I didn't realise for half an hour that the oven wasn't on properly! It was watery, and I'm not really a fan of roasted veg, especially courgette. I ate the pasta and left the rest.

I was disappointed because I had the chicken tikka one the other day, and my mum had the chicken in a tomato and herb sauce and we were surprised at how much meat was in them and they were very tasty!

Has anyone tried the meatball one or any others? X

Hi

Yeah it was watery, i do like roasted veg and often my iceland has naff all, the popular ones always seem to disappear. I saw one woman with almost a trolley full. This is what worries me about these meals one or maybe two a week but she looked like she was doing it for the family for the entire week! Surely that is not good! Plus the selfish side to me wanted to allow me to have more choice when i picked up one.

I love the chicken tikka curry its way better than the WW chicken tikka curry that i normally syn for when i want a curry. I also loved the tomato chicken too, just a little gutted that you need to make something to go with it. I am a bit weird when it comes to £3 meal and having to cook something else to go with it - wonder if its just me thats a bit cheap lol.

I have had the meatballs one - i've started a thread on that. The tomato watery idea continues - it is ok, but you could make something with the meatball bags i guess. It is alright for convenience.

I've got some other threads on the others too if you want to check out my opinions and others opinions too

Thanks for commenting,
Lee

Hi Lee

I'm new to this and using my phone, so I don't know how to do what you just did (use my post as if you're replying) and I doubt I'll be able to find your opinions on the others, but I will try!! Can you point me in the right direction? I read about you slimming world journey earlier and was very impressed, your loss has been amazing! X

You're also not the only cheap one out there, I am too but just did a bit of rice with the tikka and chicken. I think for a quick easy dinner though every now and again, and for it to be free foods, I'm not really complaining :) x

Potentially i could manage this, a tomato-ey watery pasta mess i could probably manage lol. I did saw i would try them all (apart from the salmon cuz that's minging!!!) so this one shall lay to rest, not sure i'd pick this up again. I have got the curry again - only because i can't make one from scratch - that is an extension waaaay to much for me and my cooking skills lol!

Lee, have you thought about trying to make the syn free chip shop curry sauce? It's really easy, honestly (lol) and you can make it as spicy or tame as you like. Then you can just throw in some veggies or meat - or both - to make a curry that looks a hundred times better than that disastrophe of a ready meal above!

(Disclaimer - that ready meal above may taste really nice (I haven't tried it) but my personal view is it just looks like a very disappointing side dish!)

You're also not the only cheap one out there, I am too but just did a bit of rice with the tikka and chicken. I think for a quick easy dinner though every now and again, and for it to be free foods, I'm not really complaining :) x

Aww thanks for all your nice words..... as for checking out my others posts.... not too sure myself how to do it, i reckon you can click on my name and go from there but not too sure.
Yeah i don't mind adding rice or something as that's pretty ok cost wise, its when its like needing to add a protein or something to a meal already costing £3. They are really handy for syn free and ease of use, there is nothing to complain about at all.

Lee, have you thought about trying to make the syn free chip shop curry sauce? It's really easy, honestly (lol) and you can make it as spicy or tame as you like. Then you can just throw in some veggies or meat - or both - to make a curry that looks a hundred times better than that disastrophe of a ready meal above!

(Disclaimer - that ready meal above may taste really nice (I haven't tried it) but my personal view is it just looks like a very disappointing side dish!)

Yeah - a side dish is a really good way to explain it, there is something missing in my opinion - it was nice but yeah needed a little extra to go with it.

Lee

I've got this in the freezer to try. After reading the above and having a think I could easily make it in about the same time!

But will give it a go - probably as a side dish split with hubby and have some chicken with it

I've got this in the freezer to try. After reading the above and having a think I could easily make it in about the same time!

But will give it a go - probably as a side dish split with hubby and have some chicken with it

I think thats a good idea, if i was sharing with someone i'd put some chicken with it too, but its too much for just one but yet still missing something for one lol. It was really nice still, just a tad not quite there

I think the problem is that they're big meals and it you want to add speed to it then its too much!

I had the salmon farfalle one which was lovely (though quite rich), I had some asparagus with it but was a HUGE plateful. Could have done with half the amount and done more veg with it instead

I think the problem is that they're big meals and it you want to add speed to it then its too much!

I had the salmon farfalle one which was lovely (though quite rich), I had some asparagus with it but was a HUGE plateful. Could have done with half the amount and done more veg with it instead

That one just isn't up my street at all, i don't like salmon so that is one i won't be trying

I must just be a gannet because I didn't think it was enough to fill me up and I added a good amount of veggies lol

I must just be a gannet because I didn't think it was enough to fill me up and I added a good amount of veggies lol

I think the majority of them aren't big enough! My only issue is for £3 i can't justify adding a protein or cooking up even more veg - it then becomes a fuss and then they aren't 'convenience' any more - i might as well cook it all from scratch, cheaper!

I don't think £3 is a lot for a ready meal. Yes its more than others such as Weight Watchers but then they are almost double the size. Weight Watchers meals are tiny, child size portions...and on the very, very rare occasion I had one, I used to add a massive pile of veg.

How bizarre as i found the WW alright, yeah a little on the small ish side - i just to make sure i had a nice pud to go with it like some fruit salad or Yoghurt combination of sorts. I remeber having the beef chilli with wedges and added my b option bread with it.
You can tell the SW ones are quality but i think they are quite expensive when some of them need a protein adding to it to make it more of a meal. £3 for a small portion of pasta and some veg is a lot.

Back