SW Help needed

Tracey1000

Hi, I am hoping some of you lovely people can help me. I'm trying to get my head around SW eating. Here is today's menu. My question is would this be classed as a green/red day?

Breakfast - Branflakes and 200ml skimmed milk with a sliced banana. I know the milk is HEA, but I'm not sure how to count the branflakes.

snack 1 apple 1 pear

Lunch - 1 bowl of vegetable soup. I followed speed soup recipe, no added fat at all) and 1 tortilla wrap (4.5 fat/198 cals) with 1 tsp light mayo, 1 slice of full fat edam and salad.

Dinner - steamed chicken breast, salad and 2 small new potatoes.

If anyone can look at the menu and let me know how it works with SW and syns etc I'd be very grateful.

Tracey

Added some thoughts below

Hi, I am hoping some of you lovely people can help me. I'm trying to get my head around SW eating. Here is today's menu. My question is would this be classed as a green/red day?

Breakfast - Branflakes and 200ml skimmed milk with a sliced banana. I know the milk is HEA, but I'm not sure how to count the branflakes. You can have 28g branflakes as a HEB choice so it depends how much you had. Did you weigh them? You might need to use 2x HEBs and syn any surplus as 28g is not a lot

snack 1 apple 1 pear

Lunch - 1 bowl of vegetable soup. I followed speed soup recipe, no added fat at all) and 1 tortilla wrap (4.5 fat/198 cals) with 1 tsp light mayo, 1 slice of full fat edam and salad. approx 10 syns for the tortilla, 1 syn for the mayo and HEA for the cheese slice

Dinner - steamed chicken breast, salad and 2 small new potatoes. If you've used both HEBs for cereal then you need to syn the potatoes on red or the chicken on green.

If anyone can look at the menu and let me know how it works with SW and syns etc I'd be very grateful.

Tracey

I think I would probably have it as a red day and add on the syns for any extra cereal and the potatoes.

I agree with Circes, although how about counting it as an Extra Easy day? Then your dinner would be free, but you would only be able to count one HeA and B. Also not sure whether or not the speed soup is free on a red day, it is free on Green and EE.

Darn - you're right! I forgot all about the beans in the soup! Okay, so either Green or EE then

Thank you ladies. That's been very helpful. I skipped the potatoes and just had chicken salad. Those syns sure creep up on you, don't they? 10 for a wrap was surprising but good to know. I had 6 tablespoons of branflakes - will actually weight them next time. Thank you so much.

Back