sw lasagne....

xxchristiexx

Team Reem
Has anyone ever tasted the sw lasagne where u use the fat free fromage frais instead of the cheese sauce?makin it 2nte for tea and was wantin to see if it was nice xxxx

Its in the 7 days success book u get with your pack..basically just lean mince ur pasta sheets tin chopped tomatoes and whatever else u add, layered up and using fat free fromage frais as the cheese sauce and then finish with a topping of hea cheese for the top ;)xxxx

I am gonna dig that receipe out - I LOVE lasagne so much lol

that sounds lovely. x

I really like it! Didn't think I would, but mix it with the eggs and pinch of nutmeg and it's actually quite tasty. I still put hex a of cheese on top though :)

for a serving dish for 4 i use 2 mozzerella light balls - sliced up and layered onto the meat also used a little paremesan as well on some layers
i used some as mozzerella as my heA and syned the rest at 2.5 and 2.5 for parmesan and it was worth every syn
id be scared of the fromage frias splitting in the oven ?

Mix 2 eggs into a 500g tub of fromage frais and add a pinch of nutmeg. The eggs don't cook like an omelette, don't worry!

i use the fromage frais its my fav sw meal
:)

i thought it was revolting! =[

I used the Quark fat free cream cheese, plus 2 eggs and a little cayenne pepper, I drizzled that over the top layer and then finished with some Schwartz cheese sauce (7 syns for the pack), using my skimmed milk from HEA allowance.

That was lovely and kids and OH loved it too. Only thing I will say though is that when you bake it after the sauce has gone on, the eggs do go a little omelette'y fied. Having said that its nice, give's a good base before the cheese sauce. For a family of 4, that only works out to just under 2 syns each slice and its a Humungous slice :) xx

Must admit I found it a bit gross :( I've tried many different combo's of this using yogurt, Quark, from frais and they're all sadly lacking for an Italian girl used to mamma's special lasagne sauce. Ah well :)

hi ive just made s.w lasagne today.i used quorn mince,onion,garlic,red pepper,courgette&tin tomatoes.thicken with tom puree add mixed herbs&season to taste.i used tub quark 2beaten eggs&grated cheese healthy a.really tasty very fillingxx

I think sometimes it is better to add a few syns and make it taste more traditional, cheese sauce just isn't the same with quark or from frais, boohoo! Will try the britmum recipe, thanks! x

Sorry, but lasagne is the one thing I ain't messing with on this diet....I'd rather have a smaller portion of the 'real' thing than try a low syn version. Rant over (but it my most fave thing in the whole foodie world, even more than chocolate ...lol)

Back