SW own meal range????!!!!

Kankles

Silver Member
Does anyone know why slimming world haven't brought out their own meal range like weight watchers have?

With the following they have I'm suprised they haven't done so already as they would make fortunes off some of the SW recipes.

Because I think on SW the main drive is to move away from overly processed foods and towards a healthier more sustainable way of eating. Ready meals tend to be full of flours, straches, thickeners, higher in salt, sugar etc.

And to be honest most ready meals are passable, and not filling. On WW I found it was like "Oh only 4.5 points for the brocolli and mushroom bake", but I would eat 2 to actually feel full. Not knocking WW btw, just personal experience. I found I would get more "bang for my buck" when I would make my own meals.

totally agree with previous post.

Same here - will have the odd frozen meal in for "emergency" times but much prefer making my own (I have the Sainsburys salmon in watercress sauce for times like this which is 3 mins in m/w plus a bag of m/w veg, often a real lifesaver!!) . I think all ready meals have that funny processed taste abou them

as well as the above which I agree with, my C says that slimming world spends the money they make on research etc rather than just wanting to make loads of money out of us.

Makes me feel like SW is genuinely interested in the health aspect of weight loss rather than being a cash cow for some fat cat somewhere.

And in agreement with lexie dog the meals are rather skimpy for me. Would prefer a big plate of home cooked food.

Kxx

When I see on the packet - Serves one - always makes me think "one what??" anorexic pygmy goat? As those meals sure dont fill me up :)

A friend of mine used to peer at a packet which said "serves two" and say "I'd better eat it quick, before the other guy gets here and wants his share!"

I have to say one of the reasons I chose SW over WW is I don't want to spend the rest of my life buying WW meals. I would rather be able to go round a supermarket and pick up lots of different bits and bobs knowing I can make a good meal.

Cherry-Blossom said:
I have to say one of the reasons I chose SW over WW is I don't want to spend the rest of my life buying WW meals. I would rather be able to go round a supermarket and pick up lots of different bits and bobs knowing I can make a good meal.

:confused: why on earth would you be buying WW meals forever just cos you're following WW.

WW principles are absolutely identical to SW - promoting healthy eating and cooking your meals from scratch. The meals are there for convenience should you need them but that's not what the diet is about

I never ate a single WW meal when I did WW

I wouldnt have joined sw if i knew you had to buy only their range of products to lose weight. what a bore that would be.

its all about giong on and enjoying normal food with everyone in the family and with your friends.. not restricting yourself like other diets do..

I didn't mean ready made frozen proceeded foods. I meant things like sf soup or a spaghetti bol sauce in a jar etc or even little sw yogurts!

I also didn't mean that you had to always buy SW range food. Obviously the reason why SW works is because it's about fresh healthy choices but with a huge Market and vast variety of foods or recipes that are SW friendly just wondered why they'd never brought something out even just a cereal bar like alpen light!

They have! Hi-fi bars! Literally the only official Slimming World foodstuff you can buy is a cereal bar!

When I see on the packet - Serves one - always makes me think "one what??" anorexic pygmy goat? As those meals sure dont fill me up :)
Very true Welshcake!!!!

Back