sw quiche help please

kateyb

NO MESSIN ABOUT THIS TIME
hi, hope somebody could answer this for me please. can you freeze it??Just made one, it's not looking too bad, was thinking of slicing it up and taking it in lunch box for work this week, thats if it is ok to freeze it. katey x

hello can you tell me how to make this please ? thanks xxx Anna xxx

yeah no problem, there are a few recipes but the one i have just used had 4 eggs, 250g v low fat cottage cheese, and what i fancied out of the fridge ( ham onion tomatoe and orange and yellow peppers ) you can just line the flan dish with with filling or fry it (in fry light ) first, its up to you. then whisk the cottage cheese and eggs ( take no notice how it looks before cooked) spray flan dish with frylight and pour in mixture. takes about 30mins in oven on gas mark 6 sorry dont know the electric for that. but, as i said, there are loads of variations on that, mines just a basic simple one. hope that helped :D katey x

I do more or less what Katey does but I prefer to use quark as it's smoother.
I haven't tried freezing it as it never stays in my fridge long enough!
I take it to work too.
My suggestion, if no-one else is sure, is to cut a tiny slice and try!

oh thanks for that malaika, good plan, will also try the quark next time katey x

hi,
i have frozen them before and they do come out abit watery afer defrosting them, tasted ok tho

hello thanks for that i will have to try and make it one day xxx Anna xxx

hi sorry can you tell me the syns value on EE thnx xx Anna xx

We're having chicken and bacon SW quiche this week.

Mine never lasts long enough to be frozen either :D

yeh it is for sure lol thanks sonia...... can u tell me what quark is please as i have never used it b4 xx Anna xx

:eatdrink051:am beginning to realise what you mean. there is only half of it left, and only made it this morning. oh well, seems like the freezing it question, is a bit redundant now:) katey x

It's a German fat-free soft cheese that is syn-free on SW. You can find it in tubs beside the speciality cheeses.

yeh it is for sure lol thanks sonia...... can u tell me what quark is please as i have never used it b4 xx Anna xx

It's a German fat-free soft cheese that is syn-free on SW. You can find it in tubs beside the speciality cheeses.

Yes, that's correct but it's not easy to find as it seems tucked away. I had to ask before I found it in Tesco.
It's very handy and cheap, so I use it a lot!

ok thanks i will have to have a look 2mow for it anna

ok thanks i will have to have a look tomow

Back