sw recipe books....

xrachx

i have just bought my first one...100 free original recipes......
and i think its great! i struggle with original days with what to eat meal wise but this has got some great stuff in it, i have donr the crab pate and i am doing the tuna quiche for tea, anyone else use a certain one they would recommend?

i do love a bit of SW KFC chicken - not sure if its in the book though!!! it is featured on here in the recipie section - yum yum is all i can say!!!

Oh and a nice syn free creamy peppercorn sauce on steaks is a treat!!! xxxx

Chicken Kievs wrapped in bacon is a WINNER!

nom nom nom!!!.....i love chicken kievs...and ellebear....how do i make that?! mmmmmm.

Syn Free Peppercorn Sauce

1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
312ml/11fl oz chicken stock
1 tbs crushed peppercorns
1 tbs worcestershire sauce
198g/7oz very low fat natural fromage frais
salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Place onion, garlic and stock in a pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, add the peppercorns and worcestershire sauce and simmer for 15-20 mins, or until the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened.

2. Remove from the heat, stir in the fromage frais and season with salt and pepper.

3. Keep the sauce warm until ready to use, but do not allow it to boil or it will curdle.

thankyou so much!! i have all the ingredients for that aswell so will be trying that in a day or two xx

Is that the book with the thai meatballs on the front? If so then they are really good!

Mmmmm peppercorn sauce - must try that one soon. x

yes it is and thats the next thing on my list, i went to Morrisons earlier to get the chillies (they are called birds eye ones or something like that) are they mega hot? they only look small lol you watch me get an itch somewhere ominous whilst cutting them! lol

I Have a lot of the SW cook books, think the ones i use the most are the 'One pot wonders' really easy good quick meals and puddings :) ' Family feasts for a £5' and the 'SW best ever recipes, the 40years one'
I have also cut out all the recipes from magazines and put them in a ring binder so i dont have to keep going through the mags every time.

Back