SW Shock

Cobweb

I haven't posted in here for a while, mainly because for the last few months I haven't been following the plan 100% but calorie counting at times as well because I was having portion problems I think lol. That said however, I have been attending group every week and found it very supportive.

Today I got a letter from SW saying that a new consultant will be starting on 27th October, which alone was a shock because this means next Wednesday will be my current consultants last class with us and she has mentioned nothing about leaving, and last week she was talking about what we would be doing on the run up to Christmas. I am hoping that nothing has happened to her but a quick look on SW web and it seems she is still running another group somewhere else.

My biggest shock was that hidden towards the end of the letter was the information that the time of the group would be changing from 10am to 7:30pm which means I can no longer attend :wave_cry: I was doubly disappointed because after my monster loss last week I was sure that Slimmer of the Month for October would be mine, but now I can't even attend class for the duration.

That aside though, I have checked other classes and there are none that suit me so I am wondering about going it alone or joining one of the other groups that I shall not name here. I do know the plan and I have nearly all the cook books already, having lost over 3 stone I have confidence that I can be successful, but I am wondering whether I need an official weigh in to keep my motivation going.

I really was interested in other peoples experiences of losing weight at home compared to as part of a group and also how other companies classes compare to SW ones.

Cobweb x

Ouch - just a slight difference between the times of the classes !! I'm finding bodyoptimise very good.....if you're still enjoying the plan I see no reason to not stick with SW plan :)

maybe if you feel that not going for a weigh in each week will hinder you, why dont you organise to have friend or family member weigh you each week ? or go to a chemist and use the machine and keep the print outs each week :)

good luck with whatever you do :)

I will stick with the plan I am just not sure if I have the discipline to do it without the support of a class.

Chemist print outs might be the way to go as they are something I can keep hold of and look back on, thx Wee Doll. I do like the idea of being able to weigh naked at home though, will mean the first week should be a good loss lol.

our morrisons has a set of scales near the pharmacy.my hubby weighs in like this once a week and keeps the print outs.

I am sorry to hear about the disappointment but glad to hear you still being positive about sticking with it. I have never been to a class but am finding body optimise good. There are loads of recipes on the website and while I am pretty certain that I'm not getting the same quality of tips/advice that you would get from a class, there is plenty of stuff there (plus this website which is great !). I find that I am motivated by the weekly weigh in prompt and that keeps me going. I think without that I might find it a bit harder.

Obviously I am still early on in my 'path' but I am v happy with body optimise so it may be worth thinking about it.

Good luck.

Gail x

Thanks for the supportive replies, I turned up at class this morning to find one very annoyed Consultant, the area manager had accidentally printed off address labels for the wrong class!! My group is staying alive after all and it was actually a 6:30pm class that is changing to 7:30pm, and with another 3.5lbs off for me today my dreams of Slimmer of the Month are back on :D

i am doing sw at home and weighing myself each week on the wii fit

Thanks for the supportive replies, I turned up at class this morning to find one very annoyed Consultant, the area manager had accidentally printed off address labels for the wrong class!! My group is staying alive after all and it was actually a 6:30pm class that is changing to 7:30pm, and with another 3.5lbs off for me today my dreams of Slimmer of the Month are back on :D

That's fantastic news on both counts!! Well done to you. xx

why not ask the nurse at your doctors surgery if you could come into get weighed some surgerys do weight management i think

good stuff :wee: fingers crossed for SOTM and a new shiney for you!!:fingerscrossed:
xx

Back