SW site

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Janey, 21 February 2007 Social URL.

1. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

Diet:
    intuitive eating
    Why isn't there a forum on the SW site like there is on the WW site? That forum is VERY active all day long so there is clearly a need for a forum.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sapphire

Sapphire Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.41%)
    Diet:
    Barry Groves/Eat Fat Get Thin
    According to SW its in case people are given the wrong information eg. "potatoes are free on both days" or something like that.

I don't think that happens in real life though so I don't see why they can't a forum on their site. Its the same as why don't they use real life people on their magazine covers like WW do - apparently customers react better to models being on the cover. Well I don't know about you, but if i'm following SW anyway, i'll buy the magazine regardless of who is on the cover! However I'd rather see real life success story models anyday :)

4. GreenDayJen

GreenDayJen Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    i guess i can see there might be more scope for confusion with sw than there is with ww. it's great there's a magazine though. i'm going to make sure i buy the latest one.

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    That sounds like 2 really odd policies. What a reason for not having a forum, surely thats why forums have moderators etc - to keep an eye on info given :rolleyes:

I cant believe they think people prefer magazines with models on the cover, I always find 'real people' particularly ones whove been successful on a diet far more inspiring

6. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi when i did sw I found it confusing more than ww

Bethany

7. Sapphire

Sapphire Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.41%)
    Diet:
    Its fine once you get to grips with it...I was always hungry on WW and obsessed with points!

8. GreenDayJen

GreenDayJen Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    i think sw is simple once you get the hang of it x

9. Keeliewheeliebin

Keeliewheeliebin biker babe!

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(37.83%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Step 3 (1000)
    I couldnt get the hang of WW when i did it, too much time trying to find out points and not go over them! I was always hungry! On SW though i found it really easy and uncomplicated. I Loved the principals and variety on SW but i chose to come back to CD for the quick weight loss.

10. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    When i did sw i found it difficult because on red days you cant have mashed potatoe only a jacket and you cant have peas and parsnips and some other veg but on green day you can have mashed potatoe and less meat and peas and parsnips it takes some understanding thats why i found it difficult and only was allowed 28g of cereal which is nothing.
    Bethany

11. Keeliewheeliebin

Keeliewheeliebin biker babe!

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(37.83%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Step 3 (1000)
    I think i found SW better than WW because im vegetarian. Not sure exactly why or how, but i found that just sticking to green days on SW was much easier and simpler than trying to work stuff out on WW. At least if i only had green days i knew what i could and couldnt have! especially since i didnt add meat to my diet i didnt have to worry about which colour day would suit me best etc....

12. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

Diet:
    intuitive eating
    Me too, as a vegetarian SW is dead, dead easy!!

13. Sapphire

Sapphire Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.41%)
    Diet:
    I'm no longer a veggie but I love my green days! Was going to do a red day today but no...I measured out how much pasta I was allowed as a B choice on red, what a joke!

I'm off to make some syn free chips to help me with my uni assignments! Ooh I just realised I have another B choice left..cheesy chips it is!

14. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I think thats why SW didnt work for me, I hate veggies!!! And I got to the stage I was dreaming about Pasta I was eating it so much lol Would love to do CD but know I couldnt stick to it.

I guess the real secret to success is knowing what works for you :)

15. yamyam

yamyam Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm glad SW doesn't have a forum. I've been on & off WW for years and I found their forums to be a nasty vicious place where cliques set upon people for the slightest thing. Put me right off.

16. GreenDayJen

GreenDayJen Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    sadly that's what often happens when you get a group of mainly women in one place..

17. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

Diet:
    intuitive eating
    I think it's a shame. SW and BodyOptimise are wonderful sites and I think they could have produced a wonderful forum. All you need are some moderators in place to make sure the forum stays friendly and the information discussed is correct.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. yamyam

yamyam Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    There are men on there too and to be honest i've found them worse than the women for b*tching!!!!!

Saying that it'd be alot better if there was a forum for people who are just doing it through the on line or at home programs. Nobody would mess about like that if they were paying because they'd just get banned.

On WW people do get banned occassionally but they just re register under a different name.

20. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hiya I have been on there and i know what you mean they are nasty and seem to pick on one person and try to get you banned and this one person has been banned dont know how many times but goes back under a new user name.

Bethany

21. GreenDayJen

GreenDayJen Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    i can well believe it!

22. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hiya Jen

Do you find sw easy to follow what do you do about potatoes on a red day and if you fancy a deseret what do you have as they are high sins and if you fancy a sothern fried chicken in a packet birds eye how do you go on as they are high as well

Bethany

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.