SW site

Hiya Jen

Do you find sw easy to follow what do you do about potatoes on a red day and if you fancy a deseret what do you have as they are high sins and if you fancy a sothern fried chicken in a packet birds eye how do you go on as they are high as well

Bethany

hi bethany

i do find it pretty easy to follow.

i don't have many red days, but when i do, i might have mashed swede with meat instead of mashed potato. or i'll just have meat or fish and fill up on free vegetables.

in terms of desserts, im not a big dessert person anyway but i love fruit and am eating loads of that. also mullerlights or sugar free jelly which is low in syns, with vanilla mullerlight instead of cream.

to be honest i steer clear of things high in sins unless they're really worth it, and then you could blow a whole weeks' worth on something you really fancy.

have you thought about making your own breaded chicken if that's your thing? like using breadcrumbs from healthy extras and egg maybe, coating a chicken breast and grilling it?

jen x

I agree Jen. I think with food optimising it is really geared towards home cooking and using your versatility to create meals with the lists of free foods you have. When I've done SW I always tried to steer clear of syns as much as possible. I was like you and much preferred fruit or low fat yogurts for a sweet kick and was safe in the knowledge that they were free!! :)

at the end of the day it's a diet though isnt it, so we have to accept we cant eat those yummy bad-for-us foods very often if we want to lose weight. they are high in syns for a reason x

Back