SW the Vegan or Vegetarian way....

Oh that's totally ok. You had to have. It's like, the law or something?

I have seen some people who are veggie do red days as quorn and linda mccartney are all ok on red days, when I was trying to become veggie the hardest thing to give up was my rare fillet steak on a sat night and even now the thought makes me drool, I kept eating fish until a few weeks ago but now I am trying 100% veggie.
I do the occasional Red day, you can use tofu and I use soy mince too one of my favs is cottage pie made with soy mince topped with cauli and butternut squash with loads of veg x

Meals today so far...

B - Homemade hash browns (fried potato and onion) with mushrooms, roasted tomato and spinach
image-3704057410.jpg

L - WM pitta with tomato salsa, hummus, falafel, spinach, roasted mixed veg, quinoa/bulghar mix
image-1061384032.jpg

D - tomato, chickpea and spinach curry which I'll serve later with rice
image-2874096578.jpg

I ate the "nothing but" snack from the vegan box. In a word? Weird. Can't decide if I liked it or not. I mean, here's nothing to not like. But nothing to like either! Anyone else had a dip in yet? I did a wash load with the soapnut tablets and they performed really well.

That food looks amazing Opal Lily wow oh wow.

I am not a veggie or a vegan but I am a non meat eater and I havent eaten meat or poultry in over 20 years as my body cant process it properly so I am severely ill if I eat something containing meat meat stocks meat protein etc.

I do eat a little fish but no shellfish as again I am allergic.

And I am also lactose intolerant so I dont eat a lot of dairy and I have to take dr prescribed calcium and vit d tablets.

I did have to go vegan for 3 months to completely rid my body of dairy but I admit I had to supplement my diet with eggs and a bit of fish.

I use alpro soya cream in my 1 cup of coffee a day and lactofree semi skimmed milk in tea when I fancy a cup.

I can have some cheese but I have to be careful so I mainly do green days with some EE thrown in.

A good place to hang out then. Opal_lily has cooked some amazing dishes! I'm very impressed by the dedication. All presented so beautifully. It's like looking at restaurant food!!!

This is a lovely vegan dip using tofu in place of yoghurt or cottage cheese.

It makes loads and loads just whizz it all together adding extra seasoning

If the beans aren't vegan I am sorry I cant check 100% as I dont have a tin to hand.

You can use silken tofu as well.

It is free on SW

Attachments

• 1407692924319.jpg
    1407692924319.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 1407692984180.jpg
    1407692984180.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 70
That looks really good!! Does it keep well in the fridge?

This is a lovely vegan dip using tofu in place of yoghurt or cottage cheese.

It makes loads and loads just whizz it all together adding extra seasoning

If the beans aren't vegan I am sorry I cant check 100% as I dont have a tin to hand.

You can use silken tofu as well.

It is free on SW

Great idea - the beans are definitely vegan and free, I buy them sometimes (I also buy the Yutaka tofu - so much cheaper than other brands in the supermarket) :)

I'm going to try it. I think it might be good for a taster night too, with carrot sticks :)

This is what I had with it last time.

I hope you like it if you try it.

I have made it for taster night before as well

that looks really lovely and so healthy!! That would be a gorgeous lunch!! I'm popping to sainsburys shortly so will look for tofu and equivalent Mexican beans. Mmmm yummy! Thanks for the idea!

I have stumbled across a great page about a clean eating vegan Girl, she blogs her food etc, it's called funeral for my fat. I am starting to sway more towards clean eating whilst staying within SW boundaries although I may have to tweak one or 2 things to make my diet clean but will see how I get on

While over in Czech republic last week I discovered buckwheat as an alternative to rice in risotto. Quite nutty in flavour but very healthy and free on green. I made it with green beans. Very filling!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

While over in Czech republic last week I discovered buckwheat as an alternative to rice in risotto. Quite nutty in flavour but very healthy and free on green. I made it with green beans. Very filling!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I love buckwheat! I often add a stock cube to itbl for flavour. Nice thrown in a salad or as a side with roasted veggies xxx

I sometimes use pearl barley in risottos instead of rice and I've used bucket wheat and millet in the past it's nice to mix things up. I also make pasta sauces using butternut squash or broccoli cooked down with onions, garlic and herbs till they drop and go sauce like and then top with cheese x

Great idea for a thread Lickthelid! I turned veggie 24 years ago but over the last year or so have started eating a bit of tuna. Which of course means I'm not a 'proper' veggie any more. Naughty ;) maybe but it works for me so cant knock it.

It's great to have somewhere we can share tips, food etc. I drink loads of cows milk but I didn't realise almond milk was so low in syns - I've ordered some with my tesco grocery order today. Hope it tastes ok!

Back