SW the Vegan or Vegetarian way....

Yes! I was trying to remember what I thought it tasted like and that's it!

Oh I am so trying that!!!!

My vegan kind box arrived today. Good haul this month as its their first birthday. Some really lovely stuff! :) :)

Hi all is this thread still active? Today I have officially cut meat and fish out of my diet (not sure about eggs yet), so I have started on green plan. What have your losses been like on this plan? Do you have any tips and advice that could help me? And what are your favourite cheap meal ideas? xXx

Sent from my U8815 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks for the veggie thread.
I almost lost 2 stones doing SW green days, but unfortunately have put it all back on again. I've never stopped going to classes though. Starting again today and will get the 2 stone award this time I hope. I need a lot of help though and am hoping to get some tips in this thread. I love my Vegan Kind box too.
I've been veggie for about 25 years, never tried EE as it wasn't around when I joined initially in the 90s, but it looks like the green days are to be written out next week, so I will read up on EE and see how it works. Anyone know what the main differences are between EE and Green?

Hi I have been doing EE as a vegetarian the main difference to green is that you have one hea and one heb on EE and two of each on green. I have lost 1st 5lb since end of October. I have been doing EE as also breastfeeding so I already get more healthy extras because of that - following green would give me to many healthy extras to get in each day.

Hi all is this thread still active? Today I have officially cut meat and fish out of my diet (not sure about eggs yet), so I have started on green plan. What have your losses been like on this plan? Do you have any tips and advice that could help me? And what are your favourite cheap meal ideas? xXx Sent from my U8815 using MiniMins.com mobile app

My favourite cheap meal idea is to make a big mince up, I chop aubergine, courgettes, peppers, carrots up small, and any other veg I have in - I make sure the pan is over half full of veg so I know the proportion of super free is good, then cook with tomato purée, stock, herbs and then add quorn mince, I then add lentils or kidney beans and passata- I use this for chilli, bolognaise, moussaka, cannelloni, lasagna or wraps - if I add enough veg makes loads of meals x

I hope I don't have to go down to just one Hex b then. I rely on having toast or porrige for my breakfast and fruit and cerial for my night time snack.

Hi, I am starting (again!) with Slimming World, but I cannot afford to go to the sessions. I have all the downloaded stuff for green days from when I was an online member earlier this year, so I am going to use that along with info gained on this site. Looking forward to chatting to you guys and hopefully getting some motivation aka a kick up the wotsit when needed! I am vegan which makes it slightly more difficult but still totally doable. Nice to meet you :)

Hello Purplefran, I'm sure you will do fine from the books. You can pretty much google for any syn vallues, though be careful because some of the older posts are wildly inacurate. I saw a post the other day saying that tins of beans and veggie sausage were free, but when I looked on the official site they were about 10 syns, so just be a bit warey. I was trying to get started today, but didn't do very well. There was too much stuff left over like half a Christmas pud and custard etc. I'll try again tomorrow and at the very worst Tuesday is my class day so that will be the 100 per cent cut off point for the festive celebrations. I look forward to doing the plan with you this coming year and hope we can support each other.

They've just changed some of the symbols, there are no ss just s now and p for protein. Quite alot of the syn values have changed as well but green and original are here to stay :) x

Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning peeps! I have just had a 'leftover' lunch. I mashed some boiled new potatoes, added the last of a red cabbage salad (no dressing) chucked in some coriander, cumin, onion powder and chilli. Made in to balls, squashed flat and baked in oven for 20 mins. Served with left over green salad. It was delicious and I figure completely syn free on a green day. Am I right in that? Mind you, would have been even better with mango chutney or something but resisted that so feeling very pleased with myself!

Morning peeps! I have just had a 'leftover' lunch. I mashed some boiled new potatoes, added the last of a red cabbage salad (no dressing) chucked in some coriander, cumin, onion powder and chilli. Made in to balls, squashed flat and baked in oven for 20 mins. Served with left over green salad. It was delicious and I figure completely syn free on a green day. Am I right in that? Mind you, would have been even better with mango chutney or something but resisted that so feeling very pleased with myself!

Mmm that sounds really good (and syn free).! My lunch wasn't anything special but still tasted great! I had a hexb w/m roll stuffed with quorn turkey and stuffing slices and lots of salad with a few syns worth of mayo. Never eaten quorn products before now, I'm really impressed!!

Sent from my U8815 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back