SW the Vegan or Vegetarian way....

Don't forget that the EESP plan is a replacement for Success Express and is not meant to be followed for much more than a week at a time. If you want to do it for longer then you should 'build in' some standard EE days. Even on EESP, if you want some carbs, then you can still have carbs. If you want to do EESP because of the extra HExs, then there is no reason why you shouldn't continue with Green as it is still being supported online.

Happy NewYear Everyone and here's to a successful, cruelty free weight loss for all xxxx

I've had a better look online now and available to members there is still support for red and green and syn values healthy extras etc are still there

There is a good article explaining it all but I can't link you have to be logged into view it but if you go into the usual features section it's there

Hey all, room for another veggie here? Been veggie for almost 25 years, Slimming World has just been the best (even though I have fallen off the wagon somewhat and need to get back on it). Back to group on Thursday: I'm quite looking forward to trying the EESP days, it'll be something to mix up with the green days to hopefully encourage some of this Christmas weight to shift!

The EESP days certainly work, I lost 5.5 lbs this week and took off my Christmas gain :) And what is nice about them is they are so veggie/vegan friendly and easy to follow, alot easier than original or success express and you get beans, lentils and pulses :D
Good luck with your re-start, I'm sure the weight will fall off once to get back in the swing of things x

That's a great loss, well done!

Okay I need help, I have put on 2lbs.

Yesterday I had:

stewed mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, baked beans and one slice w/meal toast (no butter) HEB - brunch
a pear
a banana
lentil shepherds pie (no fat or milk in mash) loaded up with steamed broccoli - dinner
2 x dark chocolate rice cake thins - 5 syns
soy milk in tea (very little, like strong tea!)

How does this look? I am going to post my meals for the next couple of days and ask for your opinion please.

Off to work now, will check in later. Have a good day everyone x

Hello
On green you get two as and two bs. Other than that Your food looks good. When you say you have put on two pounds is that official w.i, i.e one week?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I upped my Syns and had better weight loss, I can't tell from your food but eating earlier in the day may set you off better before brunch - but you probably did this

Haven't posted for a while so thought I would drop in! Hope everyone is doing well, I am loving the new EE/EESP plans. I always did green days before but find that I don't miss the carbs too much when I do an SP day and my stomach is less bloated - I am generally doing SP 4 days a week with a mixture of green and EE days the remaining 3 days a week. I have bought a gadget that includes a spiralizer to help make things such as courgetti (courgette spaghetti) and have also been making thin aubergine slices in place of lasagne sheets.

We have our free food party in class tonight and I have made a smoky bean chilli to take using soya mince - hoping that people will be willing to taste it (I won't be telling them it is vegan or veggie!).

Ooooh what spiralizer did you go for?! I have one delivered today so need to pick it up from the post office tomorrow! I'm afraid it might be a bit rubbish though :(

I'm not following strictly vegan anymore but as my diet is sugar free, I do find myself eating lots or veggie/vegan meals still. Today for lunch I am having a yummy squash, spinach and red lentil dhal.

Deliciously Ella's cookbook is on my wish list too - I think she does mainly vegan too - has anyone else seen it/tried anything from it? xx

Ooooh what spiralizer did you go for?! I have one delivered today so need to pick it up from the post office tomorrow! I'm afraid it might be a bit rubbish though :(

I'm not following strictly vegan anymore but as my diet is sugar free, I do find myself eating lots or veggie/vegan meals still. Today for lunch I am having a yummy squash, spinach and red lentil dhal.

Deliciously Ella's cookbook is on my wish list too - I think she does mainly vegan too - has anyone else seen it/tried anything from it? xx

I bought a Cuisique spiralizer on Amazon (it's an 8 in one with different attachments, really sturdy and works well). Your lunch sounds lovely! I've seen Ella's book advertised, there are a few on Amazon that I would love to get soon that focus on raw/vegan clean eating.

Subscribing! Glad to find this thread.

Veggie for 20 years and picking up some nice tips and recipes here. Always do green days and trying to lose the baby weight- lo is 8 weeks old and i am putting weight on by eating his body weight in chocolate!

Love the idea of the vegankind box, totally signing up for that. I am tempted to try some vegan days but i love cheese so could never do it full time...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year to All!

I haven't been for a while: I ran into a bit of a health problem at the beginning of December that sabotaged my Sw diet. I was actually quite upset, you now the feeling when your mind is ready to do SW and you want to do it, but life gets in the way... quite frustrating. So now I'm gently getting back on plan, watching my stomach as I go. The good thing about it was, my GP weighed me at some point and he says according to the chart on his computer I'm not officially overweight, just in the "upper end of normal", but still suggested I lose some ( I agree).

I'm not too keen on the new EESP tbh, I think I will carry on with doing mainly Green and some EE days. Low carb is not a good idea for me in general, I think, although I know it can speed your weight loss.

Friolero and riahummingbird, welcome! Riahummingbird, I also have a "chocolate problem"... Hopefully SW will help you tackle it. Although when my daughter was a baby and I breastfed her, I lost weight like crazy...

Have you all seen the Iceland advert? Slimming World will start selling ready-made meals on the 18th February, only available in Iceland. At least one of them will be vegetarian, a sweet potato curry, iirc.

Silja i am ebf and wish the weight would fall off but i have always found the opposite! Really envy the mum's who find that, I usually find it easier when i stop. Might be something to do with the choc though and always being hungry when feeding!

Sw meals could be good, they would handy to have in the freezer.

Bought some tofu today to try out a nice recipe from ww magazine for chinese new year. Dh has found a recipe he wants to try as well with soya mince and tofu which is great as he and the kids are conmitted carnivores lol. Might introduce more tofu as he is happy eating it but not keen on quorn etc. and it can be a pain making 2 versions of a dish.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Riahummingbird, none of my family are veggies, my OH doesn't like veg at all so I always make 2 sets of meals. My OH does SW as well, he does EE and I do green or EESP with the odd red thrown in.

I will be buying the ready meals for the OH as he takes ready meals to work with him and will buy the sausages and meatballs, I won't use any of them as I'm not a fan of ready meals in general. It would be nice if there was more than one veggie meal as I'm sure there's a lot of veggies doing SW who would find them convenient.

Back