SW tomato and basil soup - needed!!

Neveragain

Hi everyone, im at work quickly came on here to see if anyone has the magazine with the tomato and basil soup in. I have been making this since that issue has come out. But now sitting at my desk and i cant think of all the ingredients and im going food shopping soon.

So please please please, (with cherry on top) does anyone know the entire list of ingredients of that soup please.

Thanks
xXx

The recipe i use is.......

1 red onion
1 red pepper
1 clove garlic
1 box (500g) passata
1 pint veg stock
1 Basil plant
granulated sweetner

fry the onion and pepper til soft, add garlic and fry for 1 minute. Add passata and veg stock and simmer for 20 mins. add sweetner and basil plant and blend!

it's scrummy!!!

:D:D:D

Can you put this recipe on sounds yummy

Hi yea, the one I use is from the christmas mag last year its gorgeous.
here is it:
Ingredients:
Fry light
1 red onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 celery stick, chopped
3 x 400g cans peeled plum tomatoes
2 level tbsp tomato puree
a tbsp artificial sweetener
1 pt/ 568ml veg stock
salt and black pepper
a handful of fresh basil leaves, finely chopped ( reserving a few leaves for garnish.

Method:
1, spray a large, non stick saucepan with fry light and sweat the red onion, carrot and celery for 5 mins.

2, Add tomatoes, tomato puree, sweentener and stock and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 mins.

3, Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly, then blitz using the hand blender. season and stir in the chopping basil, to serve, reheat, finish with a twist of black pepper and garnish with basil leaves.

Syns per serving: all choices 1/2
Serves 4 - but I can usually get 5 out of it.

Its amazing.
let us know how you went on :)

Neveragain, where does the syns in that recipe come from? it all looks free to me, providing you are using the right tomato purée of course.

Back