SW tomato soup?

In group my consultant gave me a recipe

Tin carrots
Tin baked beans
Tin tomatoes
Chicken stock
Pickled onion

Bring to the boil and then simmer. You may need to use a blender too. Apparently it tastes just like a popular creamy brand. Has anyone tried it?

yes i made today! but didn't know about the chicken stock bit wasnt on recipe ive got lol, was quite thick but very quick and really lovely. Does look and taste like heniz lol. i'll be making it regular everyone loved it! x

Hi

Very interested. Is the stock made up or just crumbled over the top of the rest of the ingredients ?

Can not wait to make it

Thanks

Gra

I would just make a little stock just enough to dissolve stock cube in then just add to mix. If you want thinner soup add more water at end if required.

My consultant did mention chicken stock but that might have been a preference of hers. I may try it without the stock. Also I have a slow cooker and it may taste good done that way!

Yes just made it and it's very good. Needs plenty of seasoning but have to say I was surprised by the taste.

I used just normal tin of carrots with the stock cube sprinkled over the top.

Worth trying

sounds good gonna make it asap!!!!!!

I make one that is a spicy tomato soup - 2 Carrots, 4 sticks Celery, 3 tins tomato's, pint veg stock, onion and garlic. You add chilli powder, pepper and crushed chilli's before blending. Delicious and has a nice kick to it!! Makes loads too, so lunch sorted for work!

I just made this. As someone who isn't massively fond of baked beans in their original format, I thought I'd give this soup a go as sometimes you just cannot be bothered to cook. I've got a texture thing with beans but have been trying to get over it as they are filling and involve no prep. It's good although I'm still hung up on the texture, so it won't be a favourite ever. However that said, it's nice and thick and filling and a really good lazy lunch if you make up a batch one evening.

However, for me, the beans stop it being a recipe I would ever re-try... Do you reckon it would work with spaghetti hoops instead?

I dont know whether fresh cooked carrots or spaghetti hoops would work...it wouldnt hurt to try and im sure it wouldnt be too bad. I think its one of those recipes that you can tweak, with roasted skinned peppers or red onion...whatever you fancy...

This soup is gorgeous, make mine with vegetable stock made with oxo and 1/2 pint of water. Nice with a bit of chill or worcester sauce.

Another good soup is pea & ham
2 tins of Mushy Peas
1 Ham stock cube (knorr) made with 1/2 pint of water
1 onion chopped

cook onion in stock to soften add peas and blend,

Free on EE

Back