sw whilst pregnant!!

Hey I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant, I was at target before I found out I was pregnant and although I've been going every week to weigh in I have lost the plot totally, so am hoping to get back on the wagon tomorrow! I no I've gained more than the average just hope I can lose a few pounds over next few weeks to get back into average weight gain! Anyone else pregnant or lost weight during pregnancy at this stage??

Hiya congratulations

I am currently 17 weeks and gained 8lbs so far. Most of my.gain was in the 1st trimester but since 12weeks I started SW and only gained 2lbs.

What I've done is set my self a weekly gain target of 1lb which will give me the max gain recommended. I'm trying to have a few STS inorder to keep the weight to a minimal amount.

I sometimes find it hard to resist the excuse "I'm pregnant so I can eat more" lol but I remind myself that I don't want to have to try and lose loads of weight after baby. I did that with my 1st child and had to lose 4.5 stonewhich was hard.

I just remind myself that this is far better for baby and if I so lose weight I try to keep it sensible.

Good luck x

Last edited:
I am almost 23 weeks and have gained 5lbs so far, which went on in the first trimester when I had morning sickness and horrid food aversion. I went off meat all dairy and veg and was living on bread lol. I could of literally started a bakery. I am following the plan now the sickness is gone and while I an not losing any weight , none is going on, so I am happy.

Good luck!!!!

32+1 weeks here; i had gained 18lbs this time round by 25 weeks so started SW and lost 12lbs in the first 4 weeks... then had 3 weeks off plan and gained 3lbs which should really have been more!! hehe... so 9lb gain in total atm but hope to lose the xmas gain but we shall see...Best thing i ever did was following SW...Wish i had known about it on my previous pregnancy where i gained 5 stone!!

Good Luck xxx

I put on 1.5 stone through my whole pregnancy but lost 9lb 1 oz when baba was born so it can be done...I found my weight went on the last couple of months.

Thanks everyone, weighed into at meeting and I was shocked gained over 2 stone in total and still got 16 weeks left! Not good so am defo following it now! I see the midwife again in 3 weeks so I'll see what she says! I feel so gutted and awful for overdoing it and gaining sooooo much just hope I can lose a little over the next few weeks!!!

Lollipop2855 said:
Thanks everyone, weighed into at meeting and I was shocked gained over 2 stone in total and still got 16 weeks left! Not good so am defo following it now! I see the midwife again in 3 weeks so I'll see what she says! I feel so gutted and awful for overdoing it and gaining sooooo much just hope I can lose a little over the next few weeks!!!

Hiya don't fret too much, the main thing is that you've decided to stop your weight escalating further.

Good luck

2 stones isn't that much hun? and just remember how much of that is baby, fluid, extra blood flow etc!! But good on you for making the start by getting weighed! Wish you all the luck :) xx

Back