Swapping to s&s?

Maybe be cheeky and request a sample of a particular pack in the comments box if you're putting through a £200 order :)

Ive just read on the sheet of instructions that its not as effective as a full VLCD. Anyone know why?

They say on the sheet that you can choose to just replace a couple of your meals a day with SnS food and you'll lose weight but more slowly. Doing the VLCD as defined on the sheet is a full VLCD and you'll lose weight at the normal VLCD rate.

Well, just tried the spicey spagetti bol, and ..............................bloody lovely!!! Yay, so glad its nice, suddenly its not too bad being on a diet!!
Cant wait to try something else tomorrow. Order some Lucy!!

I got a free shaker with my 5 a day month long order and a free bar and strawberry wafers when Rob (and it was actually him who packed it) missed out all my strawberry shakes.

They say on the sheet that you can choose to just replace a couple of your meals a day with SnS food and you'll lose weight but more slowly. Doing the VLCD as defined on the sheet is a full VLCD and you'll lose weight at the normal VLCD rate.

I think if you are finding ANY VLCD difficult, it's worth trying out another - but, the bit about 'recommendations' from a particular diet site and slower or different rates of losing weight have to be taken with a pinch of salt - not that the advise is wrong but you have to weigh up losing faster v. giving up cos you don't like it. Just a thought!

ItIsLucy said:
Moti I'm thinking of doing the same. Going to order a selection of slim and save samples and see. I'm already bored of the Exante selection and I'm only on day 6. I've stuck to it 100% and drunk my water but I still hungry all the time! The idea of a meal with a few veggies seems appealing. Will see what the samples are like.
Lx

Lucy you can have veg etc on Exante too. Have you looked into Working Solutions?

I have thought about ws it's just you have to have your three Exante packs plus a meal. The thing that attracts me to s&s is you can have the spag bol meal as one of your packs rather than an extra meal and still stay in the 600ish calories.

ItIsLucy said:
I have thought about ws it's just you have to have your three Exante packs plus a meal. The thing that attracts me to s&s is you can have the spag bol meal as one of your packs rather than an extra meal and still stay in the 600ish calories.

But you still get good losses on WS. Or why not have the S and S pack as an extra

Yeah, I have to say that I don't mix and match as I like enough of the S&S products just to stick to those. The exception is the very occasional BL or Tesco bar but that's less than 1 of those a fortnight really.

Different strokes for different folks!! Exante is fabulous and it does what it says on the tin - Starlight is a walking, talking example of this. Also, the Exante part of the forum is - just like S&S - full of friendly, supportive people

Personally I prefer the taste and variation of S&S. I have always been a slow loser and sometimes have to come off the packs because of my job. (can't take a customer out to lunch and sit and sip water :() I find S&S easier to get onto when I have these breaks and feel that S&S is more do-able long term. But that's just me

I must confess that I used up my Exante shakes in conjuntion with S&S til they ran out - didn't do me any harm but I wouldn't necessarily recommend anyone else give it a whirl

xx

I am only mixing until my exante runs out then I will be 100% s&s. Much tastier shakes and I love the meals. :)

If I wasnt so focused on Exante Id look into S&S. Cant be annoyed with councellors, classes etc.

I dont want anyone to think that Ive got a problem with them at all what I am concerned about, is the growing number of people who think that to mix and match is acceptable and perfectly ok to do. These diets are so carefully structured that you need to do them properly to get all your body needs. If people chose to do their own thing so be it, but theres a real danger with the posts there have been recently (in several parts of the forum) that people are going to read about it and jump on the bandwagon. At the end of the day were all adults and if you choose not to do your particular VLCD properly then thats your look out but I think to tell people its perfectly ok to do so it well, irresponsible.

Most people will mix and match fine. Usually if you are using say two 3 a day VLCDs as long as you are having 3 a day it will make very little difference as 99% of the products are the same with a different label on. The problem comes when people decide to make up their own VLCD not using products from a VLCD company. They just think I'll cut down my calorie intake to 400 and all will be fine.

Personally I see very little problem with people using products from different companies as long as they are having official VLCD products and are getting the recommended levels of everything they need.

If I wasnt so focused on Exante Id look into S&S. Cant be annoyed with councellors, classes etc.

I dont want anyone to think that Ive got a problem with them at all what I am concerned about, is the growing number of people who think that to mix and match is acceptable and perfectly ok to do. These diets are so carefully structured that you need to do them properly to get all your body needs. If people chose to do their own thing so be it, but theres a real danger with the posts there have been recently (in several parts of the forum) that people are going to read about it and jump on the bandwagon. At the end of the day were all adults and if you choose not to do your particular VLCD properly then thats your look out but I think to tell people its perfectly ok to do so it well, irresponsible.

Also, it may lead people to think that they can do their own version of VLCD with food - which would be sooooo bad. We have had a few posters enquiring about it and even posting menus. It actually hurts my heart to think of anyone doing this as it would be so so dangerous.

xx

Most people will mix and match fine. Usually if you are using say two 3 a day VLCDs as long as you are having 3 a day it will make very little difference as 99% of the products are the same with a different label on. The problem comes when people decide to make up their own VLCD not using products from a VLCD company. They just think I'll cut down my calorie intake to 400 and all will be fine.

Personally I see very little problem with people using products from different companies as long as they are having official VLCD products and are getting the recommended levels of everything they need.

But thats the problem when youre makiing it up as you go along how do you know youre getting all you need

Someone posted the other day about having an Exante Shake a BL bar and a S&S meal every day. What diet would that be and how do you even begin to know what nutrients youre getting/missing

The mix and match is becoming a problem on Minimins at the moment

Back