Sweet craving solution & low points (desert)

Veggie Dieter

Silver Member
I have been looking for a low fat low point alternative to after tea puddings and have found one that is sooooo gorgeous and low.

I bought the Onken Fat Free strawberry yoghurt, it's a big 450 tub with lid on and I bought some mini merringues, you can get plan or strawberry flavour and all I do is crush the meringue into the youghurt and it's a lovely treat with a chewing texture.

I normaly pour about a third of a tub in to a bowl and then crumble the meringue on the top.

I know its not triple choc cheesecake but it has helped me to stay on track with my sweet cravings and I feel like im having a little cheat as I know all day that come tea time i've got that to look forward to after. Hope it helps someone else as well - just wanted to share it.

I have been looking for a low fat low point alternative to after tea puddings and have found one that is sooooo gorgeous and low.

I bought the Onken Fat Free strawberry yoghurt, it's a big 450 tub with lid on and I bought some mini merringues, you can get plan or strawberry flavour and all I do is crush the meringue into the youghurt and it's a lovely treat with a chewing texture.

I normaly pour about a third of a tub in to a bowl and then crumble the meringue on the top.

I know its not triple choc cheesecake but it has helped me to stay on track with my sweet cravings and I feel like im having a little cheat as I know all day that come tea time i've got that to look forward to after. Hope it helps someone else as well - just wanted to share it.

I don't post very often I tend to just look but I think this is a great idea for me - thx for sharing it.

Another good one is 'Jenier' Rooibos and caramel tea. It tastes like buttery rhubarb crumble with toffee and custard. I'm someone who can eat a tin of Quality Street all to myself. I seriously recommend it. When the sugar pangs hit, make yourself a teapot full.

Where do you get that from and is it free?

i love the taste of honey so thats how i keep a sweet tooth at bay
i take a glass, add in some 0 fat plan yogurt and then add a tbsp of oats on top and a third of a banana chopped on top then drizzle honey over it. it looks yum in the glass and banana,honey and oats are a match made in heaven. depending on how much you eat it would for me be around 2pts and filling.

Oh meringues are definitely my sweet tooth saviour! Who'd have thought something so yummy would be so low in points! I know that when I am out and about and fancy something sweet a quick pop in to Marks & Spencer to get some of their meringues definitely does the job :D I sometimes make myself little sundaes - point free jelly, topped with fat free yoghurt, covered in crumbled meringue with a big dollop of low fat squirt cream on top - heaven!!! :D

Totally forgotten about meringues and how low they are!!!

I love a bit of banana & yogurt though! <3 Omnomnomnom.

Thanks for the posts guys, lots of yummy low point idea's :D

Back